46 replies to this topic

#31 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

Unless we were in the playoffs, then that sounds about right.

did you even watch the series he played against Dallas in the playoffs lol

#32 Felix Potvin

Felix Potvin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Trade Schneider keep Luongo get a nice return win cup simple right lol i think so ::D

#33 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

This is turning into the Thomas vs. Rask situation for us. Hopefully it will come to a close with us raising the cup like the bruins did.

Luongo will refuse to meet the Prime Minister, and then post stuff on facebook and walk out of interviews when reporters mention it, then take a year off and get traded for future considerations.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#34 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

If Luongo gets a shutout next game..

Every single one of our really terrible loses have one thing in common. Schneider was in net for all of them.

Sharks, Ducks and tonight.

Fun statistic

Right. Now who's been in net for all of our terrible losses in the playoffs for the last few years? Nevermind, I forgot that when Luongo get's lit up it's always the team's fault or the skaters didn't score enough or whatever.

#35 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,648 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Schneids did let in a bad goal, and that last one was a sloppy play that surprisingly worked out in their favour... *sigh*

Oh well, can't win 'em all. Next game versus St. Louis, let's go with Lu and see how he does! :bigblush:

1? He let in 3 IMHO and others.

Sorry, if that was Luongo who did that, all the Luongo haters would have been calling bloody murder and would have put that loss solely on him.

Myself - I don't really care who is in net as long as we win.

It's cup or bust for me - been that way for several years.
Anything less is a failure of a season.
Yes...that sounds pretty harsh, but I've earned it watching this team for 38 years now.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#36 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

It's one loss people! Calm down!!! Schneids is a great goalie, and we are lucky to have him and Luo as our two options in net.

AV can pick any goalie, literally due a coin toss, and either one will give us a great chance at winning. Yeah there were maybe 1 or 2 sloppy goals tonight, but every goalie has an off night. Cut the kid some slack, stop freaking out, and move on to the next game.

So frustrating to read all these stupid comments about Luo or Schneider after an off game!! Honestly, many fans don't realize just how lucky we are to have such a good team that has a good chance of winning every time they play.

actually its four blow out losses in a very young season....food for thought.

#37 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,456 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

If Luongo gets a shutout next game..

Every single one of our really terrible loses have one thing in common. Schneider was in net for all of them.

Sharks, Ducks and tonight.

Fun statistic

We all know how much you and DownUndaCanuck are in love with Luongo. Please stop.

307mg00.jpg

#38 jag

jag

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

there is a reason they are there and you are here. Whatever they choose will be the best for the team.

#39 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

It's the fault of the offense... they didn't score enough goals!! :) Schneider was fine tonight!!

#40 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Here's how I see it.

Lu is contracted and paid to win and be the best player of the ice. When he is not, he has to take blame for the losses just like the Sedins do. That's the price of being an elite player. Ovie and Crosby and any other teams elites get the same scrutiny on every team. You want the big money and contract? That's the price. (in b4 5. whatever cap hit) So in the world of elites? You have to show up every game. Especially playoffs and Lu has not. He has shades of brilliance but some real stinkers. Especially in Chicago and Boston.

Corey is paid to play good enough to win. He's not going to win every game for us, but not lose every game for us. He gives his team a chance and stays in every game. Did he have some softies? Yep, but that game was winnable in the end. That's all we want from him in the regular season and the playoffs. That's the price of a goalie contract where most his defense make more.

That said, if Lu makes me eat those words and wins a cup here, I'll gladly do so. I just have lower blood pressure when Corey is in net.

Edited by TimberWolf, 16 February 2013 - 12:05 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#41 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Here's how I see it.

Lu is contracted and paid to win and be the best player of the ice. When he is not, he has to take blame for the losses just like the Sedins do. That's the price of being an elite player. Ovie and Crosby and any other teams elites get the same scrutiny on every team. You want the big money and contract? That's the price. (in b4 5. whatever cap hit) So in the world of elites? You have to show up every game. Especially playoffs and Lu has not. He has shades of brilliance but some real stinkers. Especially in Chicago and Boston.

Corey is paid to play good enough to win. He's not going to win every game for us, but not lose every game for us. He gives his team a chance and stays in every game. Did he have some softies? Yep, but that game was winnable in the end. That's all we want from him in the regular season and the playoffs. That's the price of a goalie contract where most his defense make more.

That said, if Lu makes me eat those words and wins a cup here, I'll gladly do so. I just have lower blood pressure when Corey is in net.

Um Schneider is paid to be the best player on the ice too when he plays, not just Luongo. You're basically saying Luongo is still the starter by saying that. Schneider has to take the blame for losses as well when he plays bad and last night he played bad.

Edited by Primus099, 16 February 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#42 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

It's the fault of the offense... they didn't score enough goals!! :) Schneider was fine tonight!!

Lol, that looks awfully familiar. Well done sir.

#43 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Um Schneider is paid to be the best player on the ice too when he plays, not just Luongo. You're basically saying Luongo is still the starter by saying that. Schneider has to take the blame for losses as well when he plays bad and last night he played bad.

I never said that Cory doesn't have to own his losses, but he is not contracted to be a saviour, he is contracted to be good enough to win. Lu is contracted to emulate Martin Brodeur (not style but consistancy and miracles)

That's why he is ridden harder. Cory still has some leeway left in his development.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

#44 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I never said that Cory doesn't have to own his losses, but he is not contracted to be a saviour, he is contracted to be good enough to win. Lu is contracted to emulate Martin Brodeur (not style but consistancy and miracles)

That's why he is ridden harder. Cory still has some leeway left in his development.

so because his caphit is only 1.3 million dollars more Luongo has to emulate the best goalie in history and perform miracles and Schneider just has to be good enough to win? lol strong logic. Why are people still making excuses for Schneider every goalie is going to have a bad game and he had one last game.

#45 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

so because his caphit is only 1.3 million dollars more Luongo has to emulate the best goalie in history and perform miracles and Schneider just has to be good enough to win? lol strong logic. Why are people still making excuses for Schneider every goalie is going to have a bad game and he had one last game.

Not an excuse at all, but people trying to run Cory out of town is not logical either. Don't read this as me defending Cory for his not great performance against Dallas. I am defending his chance to play on this team.

Edited by TimberWolf, 16 February 2013 - 10:37 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

#46 stanleycup123

stanleycup123

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

are you drunk

#47 messier's_elbow

messier's_elbow

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Why are some people surprised this is happening? Lu is in his prime for most goalies. Brouder and Roy were both
lights out at the same age. I say ride Lu this season 60-40 and then trade him in the off season...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.