The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Garrison and Bieska

Ballisticsports.

Concerning our Dmen lately

I am thinking Garrison and Bieska should be eased in with less important minutes t the moment, if not only for them to get some confidence,or whatever it is they are lacking

I think Ballard and Tanev deserve the extra minutes

Edler has not been himself for sometime now

I just think, that having quality defencemen, You should reward the defence who Are playing well, and take the pressure off the ones who are not in order for them to find their game

Without having any stud defencemen, where everyone is above average, I dont believe You should name them 1st 2nd and 3 rd lines and stick with them regardless

When a forward is struggling or not performing, AV would say, we go with the players that give us the best chance to win

Now that the Canucks win streak is over. I would like to see some off our other Dmen move in to some games,depending if the prediction for that game may require talent or muscle,speed etc and insert the Appropriate Dman for the job. I see it as keeping the guys hungry and focused too and Our D sharp, if injuries should occur

Am I alone on my thoughts with this one?

I agree. Ballard and Tanev have been some of our better D's all season. Instead, AV will just let Garrison continue to struggle. I know it takes time to adjust to a new team, but he needs to adjust soon since our D makes too many mistakes. That goes for the whole team too though. We have one of the best defence groups in the league, but it doesn't look like it most nights.

Pairings for next game:

Ballard - Tanev

Hamhuis - Edler

Garrison - Barker

Vintage brought up a great point, perhaps we should Scratch Bieksa so give him a wakeup call. His been laughable.

At this point I would rate them:

1. Ballard

2. Tanev

3. Hamhuis

4. Edler

5. Garrison

6. Bieksa

Pairings for next game:

Ballard - Tanev

Hamhuis - Edler

Garrison - Barker

Vintage brought up a great point, perhaps we should Scratch Bieksa so give him a wakeup call. His been laughable.

At this point I would rate them:

1. Ballard

2. Tanev

3. Hamhuis

4. Edler

5. Garrison

6. Bieksa

I actually miss Salo. What is it with this organization and Florida defensemen? It seems we look at the worst defensive team in the league and decide to trade for one of their defensemen. I'd rather have Ehrhoff and Salo right now instead of Garrison. Our PP has been awful because we are using one D on point, Edler, who keeps getting his shot blocked.

I actually miss Salo. What is it with this organization and Florida defensemen? It seems we look at the worst defensive team in the league and decide to trade for one of their defensemen. I'd rather have Ehrhoff and Salo right now instead of Garrison. Our PP has been awful because we are using one D on point, Edler, who keeps getting his shot blocked.

Archived