The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Senators owner: "Cooke shouldn't be in the NHL"

Xbox

Cooke proved last year that he can play a cleaner game and still contribute to the team. He cut down his PIM's and I believe he really made an effort to change. I don't believe that this is intentional. Try watching it in normal motion. It's easy to watch everything in slow mo and say that he did it on purpose. Aaron Ward has already shown a few examples where this play is done all the time in hockey because of the obstruction rules. As much as I don't like Cooke, you have to call a spade a spade.

Silver lining for Ottawa fans IF Karlsson recovers 100% from this injury. A top 10 or even possibly top 5 pick in a strong 2013 draft class would give them a chance to target a player that would help in e not too distant future. It's not like they were going anywhere this year with Spezza out anyways...

Butthurt owner. Should be careful not to run a foul of a lawyer with his statements. I'm also waiting for the NHL to warn the owner to shut the hell up as his comments are disrespectful of the league's officiating and supplementary discipline regime.

I was actually not serious about Phaneuf I just hate him sooo much . Bolland is a rat on the ice just like Marchand and Avery . Maybe not as blatant or as bad , but this sac of garbage tries to hurt players. That is unacceptable . If the media can continually say Lappy and burrows are some of the worst offenders which is a complete frakken joke then the likes of Bolland should not be in this league.

Watching the game Cooke was crushed in the first by a pretty good hit , he got up and lost his sh... as he was skating by the Sens bench he was pointing at them and pretty much doin what Cooke does best. I really want to believe this is unintentional, but in my heart of hearts this was deliberate. The way he stepped down just seemed so placed...but we will never really know. I really hope Karlsson can bounce back like Selanne did after he severed his Achilles.

and yes Cooke ,Avery, Marchand, Tootoo , Bolland, Carcillo, Phanuef (lol seriously) scum like this does not deserve to be in the league.

Don't forget about Torres. That guy is a cancer in this sport. Glad he isn't with our team anymore.

Have to agree that Bolland isn't a goon, just a major pest, especially when he plays the Nucks.

My top scumbags in the NHL are Bertuzzi (should have been banned a long time ago), Torres (should have been suspended for years for that cheap shot on Hossa), Avery (no longer in NHL), Carcillo (injured as usual).

Archived