The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Botchford: "McSchofties"

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Don't get so emotional about it. The guy isn't very good and the more Softies and games he loses while being on a good team will lessen his trade value. The prudent move is to get rid of him as quickly as possible so as to lessen the loss. The guy still has a bit of trade value. He should be able to garner a good solid third liner still. That could turn into a fourth liner if he is allowed to keep losing games and letting in softies for a couple of more weeks. It's just the right thing to do.

Gillis said on Thats Hockey that if Luongo came to him and changed his mind and asked to stay, that he would of course consider it. That means that Luongo asked for a trade. Which means it wasn't management that ran him out of town. But alas, he didn't say those EXACT words "Luongo asked for a trade" so go ahead and say what you will, but any logically thinking person knows that 2+2=4, the sun rises every morning, and Luongo asked for a trade.

Gillis said on Thats Hockey that if Luongo came to him and changed his mind and asked to stay, that he would of course consider it. That means that Luongo asked for a trade. Which means it wasn't management that ran him out of town. But alas, he didn't say those EXACT words "Luongo asked for a trade" so go ahead and say what you will, but any logically thinking person knows that 2+2=4, the sun rises every morning, and Luongo asked for a trade.

I specifically said it was not reported that Luongo said he wanted a trade. Obviously there is a ton of evidence that Luongo asked for a trade and no evidence that he did not. But hey, keep having your not so secret love affair with the idea of us keeping both goalies. I too would love this, but I also know that if it looks like a duck and talks a like a duck, arguing that it is a cow is pointless. Fact all signs including Gillis's own mouth suggest heavily and undisputabley that Luongo did in fact ask for a trade.

Hey how about instead of people showing new evidence every day for a year that Luongo asked for a trade and the few day dreamers on here shooting it down saying that even though there is a mountain of evidence that this is the case. You provide one piece of evidence that says he wants to stay.

Luongo wanted out. Can I say it with 100% certainty? Nope. Can I say it with a highly confident 99.9%? Absolutely. A judge looks at evidence and renders a decision. Saying Luongo didn't ask for a trade is like the judge throwing all the evidence out of the window and rendering a judgement based on hair style.

Archived