21 replies to this topic

#1 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Once again, Derick Brassard's name is coming up. That's been an uneasy marriage, to say the least.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...r-no-fluke.html

There were 19 scouts jamming the press box in Nationwide Arena for the Blue Jackets-San Jose Sharks game last night.

If the Jackets are still bottoming out, they might be willing to move some veterans — and, certainly, some hefty contracts, if they can. It might behoove them to further cleanse the locker room.

http://bluejacketsxt...eyre-worth.html

Le Droit's Marc Brassard has tossed out the possibility of Gatineau native Derick Brassard (no relation) coming back home. Brassard, 25, has two goals and five assists in seven games. The Senators had an interest in Brassard before trading for Kyle Turris last season.

http://www.ottawacit...6224/story.html

#2 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

A 40 point 3rd line center with higher potential, who is strong on the puck and has decent size?

IIRC he has also played the LW a bit with CBJ.

Brassard - Schroeder - Raymond
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

?

One can dream?

#3 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Guess we'll have to see how the new GM handles it.

Why is there such a problem with Brassard in the locker room?

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#4 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,125 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

I don't know if I'd say "one can dream" - it's not like we're getting Jamie Benn back or anything. Bigger than Schroeder but similar in their both playmaking centers. A good player but already makes over $3M, at least is signed through next year so we wouldn't be worried about a raise until the following year, when the cap will likely rise.

Columbus is certainly poised for some changes with the new management in charge, so I do see them making some moves leading up to the deadline.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#5 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

He is a well rounded 3rd line centre. With Malhotra gone we might be looking. It depends on the asking price.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#6 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Columbus ruined his developed, i think with the proper patience, this guy can be a real effective 2nd liner with 1st line upside. I said it a few years ago, If a team can get him cheap he's going to be a steal. There isn't anything this kid can't do. Just get the kid his confidence back.

Edited by Rey, 16 February 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#7 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Omg just trade the kid and move on with ur life
Posted Image

#8 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

He would fetch a nice natural right winger because there are not many skilled centres on the trade market these days

Edited by billabong, 16 February 2013 - 11:48 AM.

Posted Image

#9 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,125 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

He is a well rounded 3rd line centre. With Malhotra gone we might be looking. It depends on the asking price.

As always of course, and even if Columbus is looking for change, they aren't going to just give him up for nothing.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#10 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

schneider for brassard
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#11 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

schneider for brassard

Gonna pretend that's either sarcasm, or you're still hungover from a crazy night of partying...

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#12 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Same rumour, different year.

#13 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,186 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Bandaid-Boy. Buyer Beware.
Posted Image

#14 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Columbus ruined his developed, i think with the proper patience, this guy can be a real effective 2nd liner with 1st line upside. I said it a few years ago, If a team can get him cheap he's going to be a steal. There isn't anything this kid can't do. Just get the kid his confidence back.

Columbus ruined everyones developement. Brassard, Filatov, Mason, Brule, Zherdev, Picard....... If they didn't rush all these guys they might actually have a decent team.

Hopefully for their sake they don't do the same with Johansen, Murray, Jenner, Erixon, and Moore. Their team still has tons of potential.

#15 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

He is going to cost something significant, this isn't going to be one of those C prospect + 2nd round pick trades. There will be an asking price.

Not that he is worth the moon but Columbus doesn't have a ton of valuable assets (atleast ones they are willing to move) so they are probably going to try to squeeze the best return they can get out of this one.

zackass.png

#16 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

I dont think it'll take a huge offer to pry Brassard. He has some assets in the top 6, like his playmaking ability, but he's jekel and hyde on faceoffs, and definatley not a stud defensivley. The kid is a project now, and is not a smart mid-season pickup.

I'd rather go with Schroeder than roll the dice on Brassard.

On another note from Colombus... If Dubinsky were to come available, he could be a very nice fit @ 3rd line C. He's a left handed center (Which we need), and is a carreer 52% on the draw. He can skate, he hits, kills penalties, and is an easy .5 ppg player, with potential for more with the right coaching style and linemates.

He'd cost less than O'Reilly, but would likley have a similar contribution. His cap hit is 4.2, so thered need to be some salary going back. Id go straight across for David Booth.

#17 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

I dont think it'll take a huge offer to pry Brassard. He has some assets in the top 6, like his playmaking ability, but he's jekel and hyde on faceoffs, and definatley not a stud defensivley. The kid is a project now, and is not a smart mid-season pickup.

On another note from Colombus... If Dubinsky were to come available, he could be a very nice fit @ 3rd line C. He's a left handed center (Which we need), and is a carreer 52% on the draw. He can skate, he hits, kills penalties, and is an easy .5 ppg player, with potential for more with the right coaching style and linemates.

He'd cost less than O'Reilly, but would likley have a similar contribution. His cap hit is 4.2, so thered need to be some salary going back. Id go straight across for David Booth.

Dubinsky would be great but I don't think Booth would be enough to get it done
Posted Image

#18 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Always liked Dubinsky. I agree that Booth isn't enough. That isn't only from the skills perspective. Dubinsky is a real leader. CBJ would move Brassard long before Duby. Booth and a prospect.

#19 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Dubinsky was the main component of the Nash trade. minus the first round pick.

So I don't think he is going anywhere.

#20 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

What if Booth doesn't do well when he comes back? This could be a decent buy-low swap of Booth for Brassard+ which can really balance the lines out; then again, just noticed that Ryan Johansen got demoted to the minors for weak play so if, over time, his play doesn't pick up maybe Ry-Jo can be targeted instead? I'd be willing to go Booth+ pick/ prospect+. I mean, at this point it's hard to say whether Brassard's career potential can still be salvaged fully, and to pay that much for an inconsistent 3rd center would not be something I'd like to do if I were GM. Ry-Jo on the other hand should still be good, but may just need the right environment to grow in so he's not squandered.

Edited by g@m3b0i, 19 February 2013 - 12:36 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#21 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

schneider for brassard

CBJ
Schneider
2nd

VAN
Brassard
Murray

#22 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

CBJ
Schneider
2nd

VAN
Brassard
Murray

I want a some of that stuff you and CheckYourUnderstanding, have been smoking.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.