Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teemu Selänne

[Rumour] CBJ to move Brassard?

22 posts in this topic

Once again, Derick Brassard's name is coming up. That's been an uneasy marriage, to say the least.

A 40 point 3rd line center with higher potential, who is strong on the puck and has decent size?

IIRC he has also played the LW a bit with CBJ.

Brassard - Schroeder - Raymond

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

?

One can dream?

Guess we'll have to see how the new GM handles it.

Why is there such a problem with Brassard in the locker room?

I don't know if I'd say "one can dream" - it's not like we're getting Jamie Benn back or anything. Bigger than Schroeder but similar in their both playmaking centers. A good player but already makes over $3M, at least is signed through next year so we wouldn't be worried about a raise until the following year, when the cap will likely rise.

Columbus is certainly poised for some changes with the new management in charge, so I do see them making some moves leading up to the deadline.

He is a well rounded 3rd line centre. With Malhotra gone we might be looking. It depends on the asking price.

Columbus ruined his developed, i think with the proper patience, this guy can be a real effective 2nd liner with 1st line upside. I said it a few years ago, If a team can get him cheap he's going to be a steal. There isn't anything this kid can't do. Just get the kid his confidence back.

He would fetch a nice natural right winger because there are not many skilled centres on the trade market these days

He is a well rounded 3rd line centre. With Malhotra gone we might be looking. It depends on the asking price.

Columbus ruined his developed, i think with the proper patience, this guy can be a real effective 2nd liner with 1st line upside. I said it a few years ago, If a team can get him cheap he's going to be a steal. There isn't anything this kid can't do. Just get the kid his confidence back.

He is going to cost something significant, this isn't going to be one of those C prospect + 2nd round pick trades. There will be an asking price.

Not that he is worth the moon but Columbus doesn't have a ton of valuable assets (atleast ones they are willing to move) so they are probably going to try to squeeze the best return they can get out of this one.

I dont think it'll take a huge offer to pry Brassard. He has some assets in the top 6, like his playmaking ability, but he's jekel and hyde on faceoffs, and definatley not a stud defensivley. The kid is a project now, and is not a smart mid-season pickup.

I'd rather go with Schroeder than roll the dice on Brassard.

On another note from Colombus... If Dubinsky were to come available, he could be a very nice fit @ 3rd line C. He's a left handed center (Which we need), and is a carreer 52% on the draw. He can skate, he hits, kills penalties, and is an easy .5 ppg player, with potential for more with the right coaching style and linemates.

He'd cost less than O'Reilly, but would likley have a similar contribution. His cap hit is 4.2, so thered need to be some salary going back. Id go straight across for David Booth.

I dont think it'll take a huge offer to pry Brassard. He has some assets in the top 6, like his playmaking ability, but he's jekel and hyde on faceoffs, and definatley not a stud defensivley. The kid is a project now, and is not a smart mid-season pickup.

On another note from Colombus... If Dubinsky were to come available, he could be a very nice fit @ 3rd line C. He's a left handed center (Which we need), and is a carreer 52% on the draw. He can skate, he hits, kills penalties, and is an easy .5 ppg player, with potential for more with the right coaching style and linemates.

He'd cost less than O'Reilly, but would likley have a similar contribution. His cap hit is 4.2, so thered need to be some salary going back. Id go straight across for David Booth.

Dubinsky was the main component of the Nash trade. minus the first round pick.

So I don't think he is going anywhere.

What if Booth doesn't do well when he comes back? This could be a decent buy-low swap of Booth for Brassard+ which can really balance the lines out; then again, just noticed that Ryan Johansen got demoted to the minors for weak play so if, over time, his play doesn't pick up maybe Ry-Jo can be targeted instead? I'd be willing to go Booth+ pick/ prospect+. I mean, at this point it's hard to say whether Brassard's career potential can still be salvaged fully, and to pay that much for an inconsistent 3rd center would not be something I'd like to do if I were GM. Ry-Jo on the other hand should still be good, but may just need the right environment to grow in so he's not squandered.