Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Anthem Singer

Rumour

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Chevykins

Chevykins

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Cole Armour you did a fantastic job singing the anthems again last night. We love to have you at the games. Way to go!!

#2 Jono

Jono

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Are you freaking kidding me?? That was one of the most atrocious butchering of a pair of national anthems I've ever heard. I don't give a kentucky fried f**k who's singing them, personalizing a country's national anthem in order to make your "performance" unique is unclassy and never fails to sound retarded. And that's not even getting into the fact that I was listening to it on the radio and thought it was a girl the whole time...

#3 xWCMx

xWCMx

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

I don't understand all the posts as of late about this kid. Does his entire extended family post on CDC or something? We have a great amount of differing anthem singers, yet every time this Cole guy steps on the ice, a battalion of hockey moms storm the forum to congratulate him and sing his praise. Am I missing something here?
Posted Image

Sig removed - inappropriate ^ how was this inappropriate?

#4 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Are you freaking kidding me?? That was one of the most atrocious butchering of a pair of national anthems I've ever heard. I don't give a kentucky fried f**k who's singing them, personalizing a country's national anthem in order to make your "performance" unique is unclassy and never fails to sound retarded. And that's not even getting into the fact that I was listening to it on the radio and thought it was a girl the whole time...

I agree. He's a phenomenal singer, but that personalized touch just killed it. I also hate it when anthem singers sing "In all OUR sons command". Drives me nuts. It's THY, people, THY sons.

/=S=/

#5 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Meh he's obviously a talented singer but he didn't do a good job of singin the anthems. Like others I have said I wish singers would just sing the anthem properly rather than trying to show off their skills by adding "artistic flair". It 's the national anthem before a hockey game, not a performance on American Idol. Give me Mark Donnelly any day, keeps it simple yet gets the crowd pumped.

Edited by etsen3, 16 February 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#6 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Seemed to be fairly decent about 14 months ago. Didn't hear him last night.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#7 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,384 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Cole Armour you did a fantastic job singing the anthems again last night. We love to have you at the games. Way to go!!

Joined CDC today just to talk about Cole Armour? Are you the kid's agent or something? There are many great anthem singers out there, Cole is not one of them.

I listened to him sing Hallelujah (), and he does a fine job. I'm not out there to criticize a kid, but I don't understand the influx in posts about him. There have been many young kids to sing the National Anthem at sporting events.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#8 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Was on my way home and listening to it on the radio. Good singer but I wasn't impressed with his performance of the anthems.

He's no Mark Donnelly.

#9 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

i was listening to it on the radio. It was so bad I thought it was some sort of a prank or something.
GOD BE PRAISED

#10 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

must sound really good in the arena but pretty bad over the radio.

I was at the Islanders game a couple years ago to see Grabner, and this kid sang. Lit the arena up for the AMERICAN anthem haha, everyone went nuts after O Canada. For those of you that listened on the radio, know that he sounds better live

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#11 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Joined CDC today just to talk about Cole Armour? Are you the kid's agent or something? There are many great anthem singers out there, Cole is not one of them.

I listened to him sing Hallelujah (https://www.youtube....h?v=Jf2MzuKINio), and he does a fine job. I'm not out there to criticize a kid, but I don't understand the influx in posts about him. There have been many young kids to sing the National Anthem at sporting events.

he needs practice on this one.

He's young so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#12 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

bring back Mark Donnelly

/thread

#13 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

I thought it was a girl listening on the radio...and not a good one at that. I'm sure he's a good singer, but he sure didn't sing a good anthem.

Is he a pre-teen or something?

dontforgettolentil.png

#14 dinga

dinga

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

If it was American Idol he would have been stopped halfway through the American anthem.

#15 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Its easy to destroy and hard to build .. Im sure all of you critisizing the kid are amazing vocalists ..

#16 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,995 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

He's a kid, so I won't say too much about how I really feel. Was listening on the radio....that little run at the end of the US anthem really strayed from what an anthem should be in the traditional sense. Why do people feel the need to do that? (Does anyone remember the SNL anthem skit?)

Again, he's young...so at least there's time to steer him to the right track. Can never be too hard on a kid because it takes a lot of nerve to stand there in front of thousands of people...props for that.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.