• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

POPULAR

Pk sucks
PP sucks
3rd period defending lead sucks

It's getting worse every year.
Canucks systems is overplayed! Same old same old. Every team outside their division has broken it down.Theirs no innovation nor coaching just the same tired system up to the players. The coaching staff has been here to long and there playbook is empty. ie. drop pass on PP, short shifts, dump and change defend a lead just does not work against quality teams

The only reason Av and his staff still have jobs are due to the eternal Luongo an Schneider goalie battle.Coaching staff has expired just like in the playoffs when their pp and offence
disappear when it counts cause their playbook and ability to adapt has expired.

Without their weak divisional games the Canucks record would be 2- 3- 1 with Av's tired system.

#2 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,418 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Yah because that makes alot of sense and I guess you missed the last 7 wins in a row

Everyone knows you can't win every game but you can't grasp that fact

You think the teams in the Northwest would have already adapted cause they play the Canucks more than any other team in the league

Edited by *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*, 16 February 2013 - 10:49 AM.

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#3 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,028 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

There is no substitute for playing defense first and as five man units - I wouldn't trade the Canucks system for the sloppy stuff we see most opposition teams playing. No thanks.

#4 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

POPULAR

Here we go again.
One loss and it's time for a freakout
Posted Image

#5 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Here we go again.

CDC, the place where irrational outbursts are welcomed, encouraged and elevated to a place of high esteem.
Sig too big.

#6 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

:picard:
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#7 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

we need the refs in our pocket just like some of the nhl favorites.
i have seen some one sided reffing but last night during the high stick the camera caught the ref activly looking away hoping not to see blood and turning a minor into a double minor.raymond hauled down in the offencive zone as he was going to be the first to the puck.raymonds goal disallowed????the nhl talks about game management, not fair competition.

Edited by canidiot, 16 February 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#8 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#9 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

I've felt the same way in the past..however, what is the alternative? I was watching Winnipeg's bench and noticing a guy like Noel....I'm so thankful for the kind of coach we have.

These types of posts are personal opinion and carry very little weight when a team is in the top of the league. If we miss the playoffs a couple years in a row then maybe some speculation is in order.

I charge you to wait until the end of the season...post our teams stats and percentages...then make a valid argument on a new course of action...names of coaches...systems and such....Just saying "we need a shake up" is a knee jerk reaction that, if followed through, could completely collapse an amazing team.

#10 Sbriggs

Sbriggs

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

system is fine its just a bad game by our goalie

#11 pianoman13

pianoman13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

THis is a stupid thread.... it seems like the less we lose the bigger deal it is when we do lose.

No videos in sig please. 

#12 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

I can't even imagine the whining that would go on here if the team was actually doing badly.
Posted Image

#13 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

let's start making changes with the Zamboni driver first, if that doesn't work then maybe get rid of Carl, the peanut vender in Sec 307.

#14 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

:picard:

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#15 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

POPULAR

I don't understand why we always dump and chase when we have the lead.

Clearly it's a coaching strategy because they've blown 4 2 goal leads and do it every time they have a lead.

Hopefully AV keeps using this tactic in the playoffs and we get destroyed, then we can finally get a new coach/strategy.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#16 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Yah because that makes alot of sense and I guess you missed the last 7 wins in a row

Everyone knows you can't win every game but you can't grasp that fact

You think the teams in the Northwest would have already adapted cause they play the Canucks more than any other team in the league

Chicago knows how to get points out of every game lol

#17 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

let's start making changes with the Zamboni driver first, if that doesn't work then maybe get rid of Carl, the peanut vender in Sec 307.

Or the Security
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#18 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

A system is one thing but unless it executes properly it's quite another, in other words it could be the best system in the world but if the players don't do it properly or the correct players are there then it fails.. I.E. Dump n chase at the right time is great IF in fact if the dump is timed perfectly and the chase is done with fast forecheckers in position for a pressured turnover. Poorly excecuted the forechecker/s are left in the zone by a quick pass leaving the the dump and chase team in poor defence of it's own net. can it be more simple than that?

Does it mean it's a bad system? Obviously not! That's just one system.. you can't blame the coach if the system isn't done properly all the time, players are human and make mistakes. Nothing can be done perfectly all the time, that's why there's a things called practice. We're not even into a dozen times into the season, if close to season's end and it's still not working then try different players if that keeps failing after player changes THEN look at the coach... NOT until... anyway seems to me MG has been trying to address the player problem for awhile now and trying to get the right mix which is far from easy.

Edited by icycold, 16 February 2013 - 01:49 PM.

HABS SUCK!!!

#19 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

People complain about the Canucks system, but can't ever explain what is it and what's wrong with it. Always pointing to the drop pass on the power play, but don't know any other aspects of it.

Posted Image

#20 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

People complain about the Canucks system, but can't ever explain what is it and what's wrong with it. Always pointing to the drop pass on the power play, but don't know any other aspects of it.

I've seen hundreds of posts on these forums pick the system apart piece by piece. Just because you're not paying attention doesn't mean it's not being said. Lately, people stop going into so much detail because it's been said so many times over the last few years.

People can vouch for AV's successes and abilities all they want, but it has little to no merit until it translates into the play-offs. One showing at the SCF is all well and good, but lets not forget that we were almost ousted in the first round because of our predictable system. At that point, the Boston Bruins left it to themselves to watch the tapes of the one team that could nearly take us down that year before they did it themselves.

This is supplemented not only by Chicago's successes in this department two consecutive years prior, but also the next year (last year) in which the exact same system fell to the exact same counterattack.

The problem in every single one of these cases lies directly within the fact that AV could not adjust. He is a one-trick pony, and that plain and simply does not fly in the play-offs.

After all these years, it gets harder and harder to defend AV by blaming the roster. Look at the damned rosters! Why do people still try to defend this guy? This man probably doesn't even change the flavor of gum he chews.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#21 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Sorry OP but 8-3-2 teams don't usually fire their coaches.

#22 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've seen hundreds of posts on these forums pick the system apart piece by piece. Just because you're not paying attention doesn't mean it's not being said. Lately, people stop going into so much detail because it's been said so many times over the last few years.

That's nice to hear then because from what I have read, every time the debate about the system comes up, it's always the drop pass.

Posted Image

#23 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

That's nice to hear then because from what I have read, every time the debate about the system comes up, it's always the drop pass.

That's all pretty recent, as Edler and Bieksa have continuously gotten worse and worse at doing it, and the coach doesn't tell them to let the ineffective "nifty play" go. I think the Canucks fans are collectively getting sick of seeing it.

That is still a very VERY small piece of the pie. I've gone on to pick it apart in length, but in my experience, people don't want to read posts that are long, because the more time one must spend reading on these forums, the less time they get to spend boosting their post counts with worthless dribble like "EURGH look at regular season successes|!1ewleven EURGH DERP"

It all gets very tiresome. Just wait, and watch. Watch us hit the play-offs full stride after an overall successful regular season. Then, watch us fall flat on our faces, in whichever round it may happen to be in, as a direct result of poor coaching. It's the same thing, year after year. In which round will we be crushed by a superior coach this year? Just you wait and see. Our regular season losses are a result of poor execution. Our playoff losses are a result of poor coaching.

There is a world of difference between regular season hockey, and that of a true tournament.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#24 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

system is fine its just a bad game by our goalie

Bieksa shares that lose just as much as Cory. The score could have been even worse with all the stupid plays by Bieksa. Cory had a bad game but, Bieksa was the worst player on the ice. Bieksa scored the first goal on Cory and was the cause of three odd man rushes against Cory. Bieksa deserves to sit the next game.

#25 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Here we go again.

You can't ignore that the Canucks record is what it is because they have been beating the piss out of the NW.

There are some obvious issues that have not been addressed.
Posted Image

#26 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Bieksa shares that lose just as much as Cory. The score could have been even worse with all the stupid plays by Bieksa. Cory had a bad game but, Bieksa was the worst player on the ice. Bieksa scored the first goal on Cory and was the cause of three odd man rushes against Cory. Bieksa deserves to sit the next game.

Bieksa one night, Edler the other, and Garrison another. It's a common rotation. With one night off in the the last 7 by the goalies, what does the team expect?

Case in point within your posts is why I have a problem with the coaching staff. Why is Bieksa causing these odd man rushes? Well, it's because he's not staying at home, like he would have during the best season of his career, which was played by Hamhuis's side. Rather, the coach suggest that all of our D-men, even Hamhuis, should adopt a two-way role. That's all well and good when the goalies behind them are standing on their heads. They say the goalies are the last line of defense. Why isn't that role a team aspect of the game? Why do our goalies take the flack for being abandoned by their comrades who are supposed to stand before them?

This team is SO lucky to have the goaltending it has, even more so that it comes from two goaltenders, and thus in any given game.

One more of many fallacies with the system that AV employs, and yet another aspect that describes our play-off shortcomings. Any decent coach can see how our defense play, and capitalize with long passes and a strong forecheck. I've never seen another team get so severely dismantled by a single forechecker as I have seen with the Canucks in the past few years.

Edited by Joe_Shmo, 16 February 2013 - 02:33 PM.

Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#27 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Pk sucks
PP sucks
3rd period defending lead sucks

It's getting worse every year.
Canucks systems is overplayed! Same old same old. Every team outside their division has broken it down.Theirs no innovation nor coaching just the same tired system up to the players. The coaching staff has been here to long and there playbook is empty. ie. drop pass on PP, short shifts, dump and change defend a lead just does not work against quality teams

The only reason Av and his staff still have jobs are due to the eternal Luongo an Schneider goalie battle.Coaching staff has expired just like in the playoffs when their pp and offence
disappear when it counts cause their playbook and ability to adapt has expired.

Without their weak divisional games the Canucks record would be 2- 3- 1 with Av's tired system.

One loss and the bandwagoners are back out.

Where was this the last 6 games? Oh wait...we were winning.

It's one game. Calm the eff down. You lose some. It happens.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#28 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

POPULAR

One loss and the bandwagoners are back out.

Where was this the last 6 games? Oh wait...we were winning.

It's one game. Calm the eff down. You lose some. It happens.

You know, these sh*t posts really piss me off. If he, or anybody for that matter, had have started this thread during that winning streak, it would have been instantly gutted by a glut of "we're #winning, stfu" posts just like this.

Even after our first of said wins, which followed a series of rather dry hockey on the Canucks' behalf. Even at that point of time "we won one game! stfu!"

Even if we win one, lose one, win one, lose one, you see "we just won! stfu!" or "one loss, here come the bandwagoners!1eleven"

Why don't you stfu and watch some damned hockey, so maybe one day you can learn how the game works, and so that you can witness the shortcomings this team sees as a direct result of bad coaching.

Or, as the alternative you clearly seek to amuse yourself with, you can continue your e-peen attitude and watch our stats climb on your dinky little iPhone while we pillage the northwest division of what little it's worth, while you sit in starbucks with your pretentious friends, drinking your pretentious lattes.

My opinion has held true for years, even in spite of the hollow success this team has seen in the regular season. My opinion comes straight from where it matters: the play-offs. When I piss and moan after regular season losses, however isolated they may be, I piss and moan because I see continuous trends of behavior that holds directly accountable for our play-off shortcomings.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#29 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

POPULAR

Remember last year, how we were squeaking out wins and everyone just kept saying it was fine because we would find our legs in the playoffs?

That wasn't the players falling flat and barely scraping out wins, that was our ineffective coaching system sitting on leads and playing "dump and change" hockey, rather than keeping pressure on.

We have the roster to be dominant in this league in every game, and we very rarely are actually dominant. We used to be one of the best first and third period teams, we used to be one of the best on the PP. Where are all of those things now? We manage solid wins from time to time against the other top teams in the league, and we barely squeak out wins against bottom feeding teams from time to time, but we never, EVER seem to just dominate anymore.

It's down to the coaching, in my opinion. Defending leads for an entire period and a half is just not an effective strategy.

#30 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,028 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.