The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching staff needs a shake up!

cc_devil

Pk sucks

PP sucks

3rd period defending lead sucks

It's getting worse every year.

Canucks systems is overplayed! Same old same old. Every team outside their division has broken it down.Theirs no innovation nor coaching just the same tired system up to the players. The coaching staff has been here to long and there playbook is empty. ie. drop pass on PP, short shifts, dump and change defend a lead just does not work against quality teams

The only reason Av and his staff still have jobs are due to the eternal Luongo an Schneider goalie battle.Coaching staff has expired just like in the playoffs when their pp and offence

disappear when it counts cause their playbook and ability to adapt has expired.

Without their weak divisional games the Canucks record would be 2- 3- 1 with Av's tired system.

we need the refs in our pocket just like some of the nhl favorites.

i have seen some one sided reffing but last night during the high stick the camera caught the ref activly looking away hoping not to see blood and turning a minor into a double minor.raymond hauled down in the offencive zone as he was going to be the first to the puck.raymonds goal disallowed????the nhl talks about game management, not fair competition.

I've felt the same way in the past..however, what is the alternative? I was watching Winnipeg's bench and noticing a guy like Noel....I'm so thankful for the kind of coach we have.

These types of posts are personal opinion and carry very little weight when a team is in the top of the league. If we miss the playoffs a couple years in a row then maybe some speculation is in order.

I charge you to wait until the end of the season...post our teams stats and percentages...then make a valid argument on a new course of action...names of coaches...systems and such....Just saying "we need a shake up" is a knee jerk reaction that, if followed through, could completely collapse an amazing team.

I don't understand why we always dump and chase when we have the lead.

Clearly it's a coaching strategy because they've blown 4 2 goal leads and do it every time they have a lead.

Hopefully AV keeps using this tactic in the playoffs and we get destroyed, then we can finally get a new coach/strategy.

Yah because that makes alot of sense and I guess you missed the last 7 wins in a row

Everyone knows you can't win every game but you can't grasp that fact

You think the teams in the Northwest would have already adapted cause they play the Canucks more than any other team in the league

A system is one thing but unless it executes properly it's quite another, in other words it could be the best system in the world but if the players don't do it properly or the correct players are there then it fails.. I.E. Dump n chase at the right time is great IF in fact if the dump is timed perfectly and the chase is done with fast forecheckers in position for a pressured turnover. Poorly excecuted the forechecker/s are left in the zone by a quick pass leaving the the dump and chase team in poor defence of it's own net. can it be more simple than that?

Does it mean it's a bad system? Obviously not! That's just one system.. you can't blame the coach if the system isn't done properly all the time, players are human and make mistakes. Nothing can be done perfectly all the time, that's why there's a things called practice. We're not even into a dozen times into the season, if close to season's end and it's still not working then try different players if that keeps failing after player changes THEN look at the coach... NOT until... anyway seems to me MG has been trying to address the player problem for awhile now and trying to get the right mix which is far from easy.

Archived