Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Roberto Luongo to start vs. Blues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
123 replies to this topic

#31 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

I expected Luongo would get the start. I think Cory will certainly get the start in Chicago on Tuesday, as Luongo is notoriously bad in Chicago. It will also be a great comeback game for Schneider.

The Blues have found some offense this season with the emergence of Tarasenko. Their blueline is also offensively gifted with Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo putting up the points. I'm looking forward to this game.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#32 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

I expected Luongo would get the start. I think Cory will certainly get the start in Chicago on Tuesday, as Luongo is notoriously bad in Chicago. It will also be a great comeback game for Schneider.

The Blues have found some offense this season with the emergence of Tarasenko. Their blueline is also offensively gifted with Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo putting up the points. I'm looking forward to this game.

He actually did great in Chicago last year, if he gets the win tomorrow not going to be surprised at all if he starts in Chicago

#33 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

What happened to all the Cory sucks topics yesterday? Or the Cory let's in weak goals topics? Or Cory needs to be traded topics? Whenever Luongo has a game like this the boards are loaded with these types of topics, but Cory does yet it's ok? CDC F'd UP.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

#34 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Luongo already played great this season against Chicago why would they put Schneider in for that game

Play Luongo until he looses or plays a sh***y game then play Schneider, simple as that

2gw59ue.jpg

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

#35 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

What happened to all the Cory sucks topics yesterday? Or the Cory let's in weak goals topics? Or Cory needs to be traded topics? Whenever Luongo has a game like this the boards are loaded with these types of topics, but Cory does yet it's ok? CDC F'd UP.

They delete them right away

Posted Image

#36 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

They delete them right away

Yes they delete them but they take a a day to actually leave the boards and to why you can always go to page 2 or 3 and see them all locked waiting to be deleted from the board, didn't see any of them yesterday or today!

Eh8NO.jpg

"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

#37 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Luongo already played great this season against Chicago why would they put Schneider in for that game

Play Luongo until he looses or plays a sh***y game then play Schneider, simple as that

I said he plays bad IN Chicago, where they chant his name in mockery all game. He's also said in post game interviews, that Chelsea Dagger (the arena goal song) bothers him. Add to this, the 7uongo signs, and I'd say he's pretty distracted in this particular arena. I think it would be a good start to use Schneider in, on top of giving him a bounceback game against one of the league's hottest teams.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#38 Mayhem30

Mayhem30

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I hope Schneider plays in Chicago

Posted Image

#39 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I said he plays bad IN Chicago, where they chant his name in mockery all game. He's also said in post game interviews, that Chelsea Dagger (the arena goal song) bothers him. Add to this, the 7uongo signs, and I'd say he's pretty distracted in this particular arena. I think it would be a good start to use Schneider in, on top of giving him a bounceback game against one of the league's hottest teams.

Luongo does not play bad in Chicago.

Edited by Federer, 16 February 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#40 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

obviously.......number 1 and always number 1 forever

Says he who wears Luongo pajamas to bed while his mom tucks him in.

Pathetic!

#41 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Says he who wears Luongo pajamas to bed while his mom tucks him in.

Pathetic!

pathetic cause he likes Luongo? lol people like you are the only reason i want to see Schneider traded, just so we can see your reaction

#42 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Lol where'd you get that sig from? I want to see the whole vid :P

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#43 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Consecutive playoff losses of 7 GA in a game, combined with almost choking the entire 10-11 series against them says otherwise. But I suppose everyone here wants to cover their ears and stomp their feet when presented with actual fact.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#44 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

wow as much as I am a Luongo supporter, I can't believe you just said that...

Eh8NO.jpg

#45 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

Eh8NO.jpg

#46 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

wow as much as I am a Luongo supporter, I can't believe you just said that...

well both games in Chicago last year Luongo went 1-0-1 with a .948 save% and a 1.95GAA

maybe "slaying the dragon" solved the issues in Chicago

#47 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Corey had a tough night, but he wont let it get to his head. Luongo has a good record against the blues.

Posted Image

#48 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

No surprise here. Cory didn't have the best outing last night, so I fully expected it to be Luongo starting against the Blues.

RIP LB RR PD

#49 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

your sig is golden

Posted Image

#50 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

pathetic cause he likes Luongo? lol people like you are the only reason i want to see Schneider traded, just so we can see your reaction

No, not because he likes Luongo but because he never posts without drooling over Luongo and shooting down anyone who does not share his opinion. Check out his history. It is really tiring.

Heck, I like Lu too but I don't post as though I'd like to have his child.

#51 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I hope Lu does and LOL at your sig whats the backstory to that?

#52 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I think Schnieds should start vs Chicago. Both goalies splitting games vs potential playoff matchups, seems best as we're not sure who will be playing in the tourny.

#53 CptCanuck16

CptCanuck16

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

No surprise here. It was expected that Lu would get the start after Schnied's less then stellar play last night.

What I am surprised about is the people saying that if Lu played last night we would have won. With all things being equal, sure, but they're people not robots. It would have been an entirely different game with Lu in there. We could have went down 3 nothing in the first period or won 5-0, who's to say? Obviously the game dynamic is different with a different goalie. Lu and Corey have different styles and make different decisions on the same play thus influencing the outcome of a game. Lu may have played a puck that Corey decided to freeze negating a defensive zone face off and Lu may have played a puck to the right corner that Corey played to the left corner, thus changing the entire outcome of the game. The bottom line is that Dallas may not have scored as many goals as they did if Lu was in net instead of Corey but we may not have scored as many goals either because it would have been a completely different game with the different keeper in net.

#54 SheIsTheOne

SheIsTheOne

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

In Luuuu we believe.

#55 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

So true... or last year the responses to a bad Luongo game were, The team plays more relaxed in front of Cory because they know he will stop the shot if they screw up...They play better defensively when Cory is in net...(Stanley Cup thoughts..) Luongo played great but they needed to score more goals...The defense played terrible

How come when Cory lets in a couple stinkers no one is saying we just needed to score more goals? Or play better defense? Or the team plays better and more relaxed with Luongo in net?

#56 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

You really want the fans to hang Corey out to dry?

Why?

Would it make you feel better?

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#57 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Back up Bob gettin the nod!
I'm sure Cory will have a bounce back game when he plays next, but Luongo has been playing lights out and right now gives the team the best chance to win!

You forgot to add "against weaker teams using AHL goalies".

#58 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

why not?
some people like to discuss who is starting in net....if you dont like to discuss it move along then.

Wow you sure told me
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#59 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

You really want the fans to hang Corey out to dry?

Why?

Would it make you feel better?

No I never said that, but the fans have done it to Luongo enough.

Why?

Does it make them feel better?

Eh8NO.jpg

#60 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

You forgot to add "against weaker teams using AHL goalies".

And Canucks scoring a lot.... Wait a minute

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.