123 replies to this topic

#61 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Consecutive playoff losses of 7 GA in a game, combined with almost choking the entire 10-11 series against them says otherwise. But I suppose everyone here wants to cover their ears and stomp their feet when presented with actual fact.

almost choking the entire 10-11 series?! first of all if anything he played poorly in van against them after game 3. Just like people said last game Chi will light him up, he stoned them. And as far I remember he played well in Chi last year.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#62 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

No, not because he likes Luongo but because he never posts without drooling over Luongo and shooting down anyone who does not share his opinion. Check out his history. It is really tiring.

Heck, I like Lu too but I don't post as though I'd like to have his child.

are you jealous of him? sounds like your mad.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#63 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Wow you sure told me

I'm surprised you're still allowed to post, VERY!! rarely do you EVER!! contribute to a discussion.

Moving on.

Replying to many people asking why there's no hate for Ginger, I'm guessing it's because a majority of fans don't throw any one person under the bus, it's immature Luongo haters that do that and heaven forbid they throw their "Saviour" under the bus.
Although I'm sure it's just a matter of time before those same people make new accounts and start hating on Schneider.
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#64 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

almost choking the entire 10-11 series?! first of all if anything he played poorly in van against them after game 3. Just like people said last game Chi will light him up, he stoned them. And as far I remember he played well in Chi last year.

Back to my point:

2009 Playoffs, Conference Semi-finals vs. Chicago. Series Chicago 4-2. Luongo with 23 GA in 6 games. Chicago finished series at home winning 7-5.

2010 Playoffs. Conference Semi-finals vs. Chicago. Series 4-2 Chicago. Luongo with 23 GA in 6 games. Luongo loses games 4-2, 5-2, 7-4, 5-1.

2011 Playoffs. Conference quarter-finals vs. Chicago. Series 4-3 Vancouver. Luongo with 27 GA in 6 games. After a strong start going 3-0, Luongo loses games 7-2, 5-0, 4-3. 2 losses of which were in Chicago.

What does all this say? Luongo performs poorly against Chicago, and decidedly so in the playoffs.

I'm not saying anything controversial, just that Schneider should start in Chicago on Tuesday.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#65 2009cupchamps

2009cupchamps

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Back to my point:

2009 Playoffs, Conference Semi-finals vs. Chicago. Series Chicago 4-2. Luongo with 23 GA in 6 games. Chicago finished series at home winning 7-5.

2010 Playoffs. Conference Semi-finals vs. Chicago. Series 4-2 Chicago. Luongo with 23 GA in 6 games. Luongo loses games 4-2, 5-2, 7-4, 5-1.

2011 Playoffs. Conference quarter-finals vs. Chicago. Series 4-3 Vancouver. Luongo with 27 GA in 6 games. After a strong start going 3-0, Luongo loses games 7-2, 5-0, 4-3. 2 losses of which were in Chicago.

What does all this say? Luongo performs poorly against Chicago, and decidedly so in the playoffs.

I'm not saying anything controversial, just that Schneider should start in Chicago on Tuesday.

I hope Luu starts angainst Chicago and gets a shutout, just to watch you eat crow. Why can't people just support both of our goalies, one who obviously is playing better than the other right now.

#66 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Back to my point:

Neither am I, just stating facts. Since 2011 playoffs he has been solid against the Hawks. I am sure you said Schneider should have started last game vs the Hawks becuase he struggles against them and would get lit up. Not only did he only allow 1 goal, he stopped all shooters in the shootout, against an awsome shootout team and something he has not been good at but has been improving.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#67 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

I expected Luongo would get the start. I think Cory will certainly get the start in Chicago on Tuesday, as Luongo is notoriously bad in Chicago. It will also be a great comeback game for Schneider.

The Blues have found some offense this season with the emergence of Tarasenko. Their blueline is also offensively gifted with Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo putting up the points. I'm looking forward to this game.

I hate excuses like that, stats like that are coincidences. You think Lu says oh chicagos coming up, im bad in their building, or Minnesota for example.

Its stupid, if Lu deserves to play then play him, if Schneider deserves it then play him. None of this basing the decision on the opponent.

#68 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Well Schneider just single-handedly lost us that last game. 3 bad goals, we should of won 3-1. Lets hope Luongo can keep rolling. Don't care what anyone says, Luongo > Schneider and that stats don't lie.
Posted Image

#69 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

are you jealous of him? sounds like your mad.

Are you Trevor's dad?

#70 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Well Schneider just single-handedly lost us that last game. 3 bad goals, we should of won 3-1. Lets hope Luongo can keep rolling. Don't care what anyone says, Luongo > Schneider and that stats don't lie.

How can ANYONE take you seriously anymore? I bet you pop a hard one anytime you hear Luongo's name.

Im more interested in seeing how we do against more non-divisonal competition. 6-0-1 against the NW if im not mistaken, 2-3-1 against the rest..

#71 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm not a fan of this flip flopping back and forth. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. They should've kept Luongo playing which would mean he should have played last night.

I think it's a good way of utilizing your goalies. It keeps the goalie motivated to play well so that he will continue to get starts, some good ol' friendly competition never hurt no one.
Posted Image

#72 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Blues are a much better team than the Stars lol

last 5 games Stars >>>>> Blues.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#73 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Short sample:

Luo: .943 S% and 1.45 GAA with 0 losses.

Schneids: .912 and 2.62 with 3 losses.

For the $1.4M in difference I would not be trading Luo any time soon if I was genuinely concerned about the team and the mantra of: 'The best will be iced and play' schtick we are sold is in fact in play or just a catch phrase in the mgmt. sound bite box.

#74 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Not surprising at all...

We need to ride the hot hand right now, especially in the shortened season where Lu is #1 in GAA and #2 in SV%

#75 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

I hope Luu starts angainst Chicago and gets a shutout, just to watch you eat crow. Why can't people just support both of our goalies, one who obviously is playing better than the other right now.

Once again missing my point. I don't hold any resentment towards Luongo, nor will I eat crow if he does start. I was simply stating Schneider should get the start in the United Center as he plays better there. Nothing controversial, yet typical CDC, and posters like yourself run away with the idea that there is a dichotomy anytime someone says the other goalie might better be utilized in a certain situation.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#76 Teen Icarus

Teen Icarus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Is this a thread every game now?

Yes - I propose we have two GDT's - a Game Day* Thread and a Goalie Discussion Thread

*Yes, I know that it's actually Game Discussion Thread, but Game Day Thread sounds better - kind of like how Assistant Captain sounds better than Alternate Captain.
Spoiler

#77 United Canuck

United Canuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Now, now Canuck Nation...every goalie has their bad game and Cory admitted to his soft goals and would like to have them back. He'll bounce back on his next start. Meanwhile, Lu gets the start tomorrow as expexted and he'll play great.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#78 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Are you Trevor's dad?

no, you seem quite upset and angry that he likes Luongo, like a jealous girl. That is why I asked if you are jealous.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#79 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Once again missing my point. I don't hold any resentment towards Luongo, nor will I eat crow if he does start. I was simply stating Schneider should get the start in the United Center as he plays better there. Nothing controversial, yet typical CDC, and posters like yourself run away with the idea that there is a dichotomy anytime someone says the other goalie might better be utilized in a certain situation.

I couldnt find a full game that Cory played against chicago in the playoffs, he only played it seems when Lu was yanked and those game we lost anyway so cannot compare wins losses in the playoffs between the two. Since the next game against chicago isnt playoff its regular season lets take a look at Cory vs Roberto record in last two years vs Chicago

Last season stats vs Chicago

6-2 Win Canucks Luongo in net
5-1 Loss Schneider in Net
3-2 OT Win Schneider
2-1 OT Loss Luongo

I would say they played pretty even, schneider with the only blowout loss.

2010-11

Luong0 played all games and went 2-1-1 so no comparison achieved.

Edited by CrippledCanuck, 16 February 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#80 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Damn straight he is.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#81 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Kane came out after Game 5 during Round 1 in 2011 and said Luongo stood on his head and didn't deserve any blame for the loss. He also said our defenseman kept giving them odd man rush after odd man rush and Luongo was stopping as many as he could unitl they started going in.

Luongo also plays his best hockey in the United Center. If we're gonna talk about past stats, how about we look at when Schneider started in Game 6 and i've never seen a more shaky performance by a goaltender in the playoffs. Oh yeah, he also got deeked out of his jock strap and cramped himself. LOL

Posted Image

#82 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

I think its a mistake and a knee-jerk reaction by AV to play Lu against St. Louis. The best thing to do would be to play Schneider. Get him back on the horse. He'd come out on fire wanting to prove that that last game was an anomaly. It would be better for the whole team dynamic if Cory could play and play well tomorrow, get himself and the team off the Schneid and move forward. Now he has to stew about that performance on the bench until at least Tuesday maybe longer.

I'm confident with either goalie in, but I would have preferred letting Cory work through it now.

#83 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

No I never said that, but the fans have done it to Luongo enough.

Why?

Does it make them feel better?

That's my point. Some of those that were claiming to be taking the high road and supporting our team no matter what are now taking the low road and attacking Schneider the same way they were complaining people were attacking Lu.

Actually even worse, they want to run Cory out of town with just this small sample size. Lu was given years of adoration and chances while Cory is getting the shaft when they know he's a fine goalie. I find it ironic from those claiming we were being a "goalie graveyard" and terrible fans concering Lu are now utilizing the same lowbrow tactics just because their favourite player is being pushed by the developed kid.

It's quite an interesting flipflop.

I suppose I could use the old defenses for Lu on behalf of Schneids:

Typical vancouver fans, running our players out of town, no loyalty.
It takes a team to lose.
He's a slow starter, wait for him to hit his stride.

Sound familiar?

*note*:
Not attacking you in particular, just seeing this alot and using your post to vent.

Edited by TimberWolf, 16 February 2013 - 08:12 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#84 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I think its a mistake and a knee-jerk reaction by AV to play Lu against St. Louis. The best thing to do would be to play Schneider. Get him back on the horse. He'd come out on fire wanting to prove that that last game was an anomaly. It would be better for the whole team dynamic if Cory could play and play well tomorrow, get himself and the team off the Schneid and move forward. Now he has to stew about that performance on the bench until at least Tuesday maybe longer.

I'm confident with either goalie in, but I would have preferred letting Cory work through it now.

relax he lost to SJ and didn't play for a week and came back fine. And it is not knee jerk when the other goalie is Luongo. Clearly Schneid's aint the number 1 yet, if and when he is, then he will get his chances at bounce back games.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#85 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

no, you seem quite upset and angry that he likes Luongo, like a jealous girl. That is why I asked if you are jealous.

I guess it just confirms that you can't read emotion from texts. If you re-read my text, I acknowledge I like Lu as well. He is just really annoying with his childish adulation.

#86 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

I guess it just confirms that you can't read emotion from texts. If you re-read my text, I acknowledge I like Lu as well. He is just really annoying with his childish adulation.

lol I know you like Lu, that's why I said it seems like your jealous....
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#87 Justin6Schultz

Justin6Schultz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

It's the obvious choice since McShoftie didn't do so well last night.

My guess is within 24 hrs we see someone either change their name or create a dupe related to mcschoftie

#88 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Knowing Cory is a fine goalie and letting the best goalie play for wins is two different pails of pucks.

#89 TheNorwegianCanuck

TheNorwegianCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

The Vancouver Sun confirms that Luongo gets the start. AV sticks to the coin.. Hopefully we can stick to one goalie for some time now, in order for the goalie to get some consistency.

http://www.vancouver...6421/story.html

muv6ab.jpg                                                     

Thanks to - Vintage Canuck - for the nice sig!

In Desjardins we trust

#90 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

@ElliottPap
'Backup' Roberto Luongo to start vs Blues. #leadstheleagueingaa

Best backup all-time in the NHL.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.