The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo to start vs. Blues

-Vintage Canuck-

Kane came out after Game 5 during Round 1 in 2011 and said Luongo stood on his head and didn't deserve any blame for the loss. He also said our defenseman kept giving them odd man rush after odd man rush and Luongo was stopping as many as he could unitl they started going in.

Luongo also plays his best hockey in the United Center. If we're gonna talk about past stats, how about we look at when Schneider started in Game 6 and i've never seen a more shaky performance by a goaltender in the playoffs. Oh yeah, he also got deeked out of his jock strap and cramped himself. LOL

I think its a mistake and a knee-jerk reaction by AV to play Lu against St. Louis. The best thing to do would be to play Schneider. Get him back on the horse. He'd come out on fire wanting to prove that that last game was an anomaly. It would be better for the whole team dynamic if Cory could play and play well tomorrow, get himself and the team off the Schneid and move forward. Now he has to stew about that performance on the bench until at least Tuesday maybe longer.

I'm confident with either goalie in, but I would have preferred letting Cory work through it now.

I think its a mistake and a knee-jerk reaction by AV to play Lu against St. Louis. The best thing to do would be to play Schneider. Get him back on the horse. He'd come out on fire wanting to prove that that last game was an anomaly. It would be better for the whole team dynamic if Cory could play and play well tomorrow, get himself and the team off the Schneid and move forward. Now he has to stew about that performance on the bench until at least Tuesday maybe longer.

I'm confident with either goalie in, but I would have preferred letting Cory work through it now.

By that logic Lu single-handedly cost us the cup.

I agree, I am confident in either, and it will be nice to see Lu play, but putting the obvious Lu bias in this thread aside.

the best thing would have been to come back with Cory, let him play through, and continue to have faith in him, then play Lu against Chicago and roll with Cory afterwards.

Archived