Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Roberto Luongo to start vs. Blues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
123 replies to this topic

#121 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Well, I don't believe CS's confidence is shattered yet, but there are still plenty of games left in the season.
The upshot is, if CS's confidence does go down the crapper, we can look forward to it returning to the mean for 2014/15, if Keith Ballard's improved play is any bellwether . . .

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#122 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

The coin or AV is made the wrong decision.
CS should start becuase he will come up with his best performance after what happened last game, so the chances are we will win the game. If CS starts and loses tmr, then sure, the net belongs to Luongo until Luo has a bad game.

Till he has a "bad" game? Are you kidding?

If Schneider started today and played another crappy game he would be benched until like April.

Posted Image

#123 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Back to my point:

2009 Playoffs, Conference Semi-finals vs. Chicago. Series Chicago 4-2. Luongo with 23 GA in 6 games. Chicago finished series at home winning 7-5.

2010 Playoffs. Conference Semi-finals vs. Chicago. Series 4-2 Chicago. Luongo with 23 GA in 6 games. Luongo loses games 4-2, 5-2, 7-4, 5-1.

2011 Playoffs. Conference quarter-finals vs. Chicago. Series 4-3 Vancouver. Luongo with 27 GA in 6 games. After a strong start going 3-0, Luongo loses games 7-2, 5-0, 4-3. 2 losses of which were in Chicago.

What does all this say? Luongo performs poorly against Chicago, and decidedly so in the playoffs.

I'm not saying anything controversial, just that Schneider should start in Chicago on Tuesday.

....... pretty sure Schnieder played game 6 gift wrapping 2 goals and then cramped up on the penalty shot with luongo coming in late in the 3rd and gave up the OT goal while playing great coming in cold....

#124 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

The coin or AV is made the wrong decision.
CS should start becuase he will come up with his best performance after what happened last game, so the chances are we will win the game. If CS starts and loses tmr, then sure, the net belongs to Luongo until Luo has a bad game.

Yeah so let me get this straight. In order to be fair, the Canucks have to give Schneider a chance to bounce back after he has a bad game because goalies play well after a bad game. BUT, if it is Luongo who has the bad game, we don't have to give him another chance after a bad game...

Let's be honest here, in this season Luongo has outplayed Schneider. I don't remember seeing a bad game from Luongo yet I can already think of 2 games where Schneider should have played better. (I don't know what will happen in the future, but at the moment Luongo is the better goalie).

It looks to me like Schneider gets more goal support when he is playing. I don't know the exact numbers but from the games that I can think of, the team scores 3, 4, 5 goals for Schneider but only 2 or 3 for Luongo...Why does Schneider have more losses? Is the defence to blame? Or does Schneider need to sharpen his game?

Finally, I'd like to add that I am amused by how no one brings up goalie stats anymore. Last year everyone was talking about how Schneider is ahead of Luongo in every goalie statistic (other than wins) and now not many people are mentioning the stats anymore. What happened to the Schneider fan-boys who proclaimed that "Stats never lie"?

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif

CDC Puck - Pittsburgh Penguins

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.