The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Blair Jones

bossram

Could be a decent ww pickup with losing Malhotra, but he's a right handed center. I think GIllis would definatley like to eventually add a center, but a left handed one whos good on draws.

I dont think therll be a goalie trade this season, but I do see some tinkering done in the top 9. With Booth coming back, and the un-expected showings from Raymond and Schroeder, I could see a package deal for the 3rd line C that Gillis is still looking for. THough theyve played well, I still think theres intangables lacking in their games that the Canucks really need to push this team over the top.

I believe Gillis will push for O'Reilly. Im sure Col would like a return similar to that of Booth + Jensen + possibly more, which Id be hesitant to do, but a deal like that would definatley improve our chances of winning this season imo. I'd offer up Booth + Gaunce, but im sure therell be better offers out there.

Sorry to de-rail... but Id pass on Jones

He's gone. Perfect 4th liner. Great size, surprisingly good defensively (+2 last season with the Flames, -2 this season which is amazing considering he's on one of the worst teams in the NHL playing a 4th line role - even our 4th liners last year had worse stats than that), he's a pretty good faceoff man and can score around 6-9 goals in a full season which is standard 4th line production.

The Canucks would be lucky to claim him. We need big centers desperately, losing Malhotra we just lost our biggest guy down the middle and essentially replaced him with the smallest center in the NHL in Schroeder.

Archived