The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should The NHL Increase The Length Of Intermissions?

theminister

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a simple poll to gauge the opinions of CDC users regarding the length of NHL intermissions.

Currently, the standard NHL intermission is 17 minutes in length as outlined in the Official Rules.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26322

34.2 Intermissions - For the purpose of keeping the spectators informed as to the time remaining during intermissions, the Game Timekeeper will use the electronic clock to record the length of intermissions. The clock will start for the intermission immediately at the conclusion of the period.

Intermissions are seventeen minutes (17:00) in length, unless otherwise notified. If there are unusual delays for any reason, (e.g. altercation, building, ice, or ice resurfacing problems) it is important to use discretion in starting the clock.

I didn't realize it was only one more minute.

I am fine with it - as I usually PVR games, and then fast forward... and when I am at the game, I am in no rush to get home... so an extra 9 minutes isn't really something to worry about.

As you said, it would allow more revenue generation through concessions sales, and commercials.

Make it shorter, and cut out the break between 3rd period and OT. No break at all. Just keep playing until the next whistle and then make it 4 on 4. I think the breaks are too long to begin with. 15 min should be maximum. 10 minutes would be ideal.

Archived