Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Should The NHL Increase The Length Of Intermissions?

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Should The NHL Increase The Length Of Intermissions? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the NHL increase the length of period intermissions?

1. Yes. (2 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

2. No. (45 votes [90.00%])

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

3. Don't care. (3 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Honestly, I go to the game to watch the game and by the 3rd period. the staggering drunks get to be a little annoying (last game there was a woman who was trying to push through the line up back to our seats, not understanding that you had to wait for a whistle...she had two glasses of wine and, clearly, they were #19 & #20. Major spillage and she was tuned out). Giving the drunks more time to refuel doesn't really appeal to me. And if security is worried about trouble makers, giving them more line up/beer buying time doesn't support that.

I love fun and do enjoy a beer or two, but I feel that giving more time for line ups is catering to those who don't come prepared to watch the game or that isn't their first priority. I'm in my seats, waiting, so the extra time is just longer for me to have to do so.

Not meaning to sound like a snob but I'd rather have the game the focus, not the concession stands.

Posted Image

#32 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,714 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, because during intermissions, I find myself asking why we can't see more Tim Hortons commercials.

#33 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Holy crap, lol, I thought the only time a few minutes mattered was during sex. :o :o :o

RIP LB RR PD

#34 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Why would I want more not-hockey time in between my hockey?

dontforgettolentil.png

#35 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Three minutes is a lifetime when you have the channel on Sportsnet. I don't want Doug MacLean yelling through my TV set one second longer.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#36 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,920 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Honestly, I go to the game to watch the game and by the 3rd period. the staggering drunks get to be a little annoying (last game there was a woman who was trying to push through the line up back to our seats, not understanding that you had to wait for a whistle...she had two glasses of wine and, clearly, they were #19 & #20. Major spillage and she was tuned out). Giving the drunks more time to refuel doesn't really appeal to me. And if security is worried about trouble makers, giving them more line up/beer buying time doesn't support that.

I love fun and do enjoy a beer or two, but I feel that giving more time for line ups is catering to those who don't come prepared to watch the game or that isn't their first priority. I'm in my seats, waiting, so the extra time is just longer for me to have to do so.

Not meaning to sound like a snob but I'd rather have the game the focus, not the concession stands.

A bit off the thread topic here, but this reminded me of a great story told to me by a friend.

Several years ago, he attended a Canucks game and after enduring a longer than usual lineup for between period beers, he was hurrying back to his seat. (The game had already started and he didn't want to miss too much)

Unfortunately for him, he was following an elderly gentleman who had obviously had one (or six) too many. Every time he tried to sneak past, the old guy would lurch to the other side of the passage, spilling copious amounts of beer in the process. After a few minutes of trailing the overly inebriated fellow, (who apparently was practicing the Dressage) Dan saw his chance and squeezed past....

...as he reached the seating area, he turned for one last look at the man he had been following and immediately recognized...

...Howie Meeker...

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 17 February 2013 - 12:22 PM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#37 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Please don't give Ian Macintyre, any more camera time!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.