Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

sj-van...and does ballard have trade value now?

Proposal

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

to sj: raymond

to van: demers

note: i have no idea where the value is for both of these guys at this time because an arguement could be had for either one of them to have more trade value then the other right now

demers is one of those guys where i could just see him just explode on to the scene with a new home because he isnt going anywhere in sj with boyle, burns, vlasic and stuart in the top 4 and with braun breathing down his neck for that 3rd pairing spot, he is no mans land. raymond gives them some much needed scoring depth on the wing. we get a young, puck moving right handed defenceman who can finally be paired with edler and relieve him of his duties on the right side

this deal pushes a much improved ballard out of the line up and with all these teams with need of a nhl blueliner, does ballard have trade value?

lets send him home....i know its a long shot to trade with in your own division but this isnt a possible controversial deal so i think it may be possible, its just two scrap pieces being swapped.

to min: ballard

to van: cullen

min gets an nhl blueliner to come in and add some veteran depth on their d-core...something they dont have a whole lot of

note: (age)

suter-brodin(19)
ballard-gilbert
falk(24)-spurgeon(23)
stoner(27)-prosser(26)
scandella(22)-kampfer(24)

they are stock full of young blueliners (dont forget about cuma and dumba) but the team and fans want playoff games now because all that money they spent on parise and suter. all those young players have 0 playoff games combined under their belt and the wild want playoff games ummm ya good luck with that...not even gilbert has played a playoff game and suter has chalked up 39 then you throw in ballards measly 14 games but he was backseat in a scf playoff run so his experience is a little different but still this team needs veteran blueliners and ballard gives them that

min ships out one hometown boy for another and we get a veteran 3rd line center to temporarily fill in the 3rd line center role until we can find a more permanent player to fill that spot. cullen is a UFA a the end of the year, he is 36 and has 1 goal, 6 points thus far in 14 games....he is operating at %50.5 on the dot this year and was %53.2 last season.

sedin-sedin-burrows
booth-kesler-kassian
higgins-cullen-hansen
volpatti-lapierre-weise
schroeder***

hamhuis-bieksa
edler-demers
garrison-tanev
alberts-barker

constructive criticism is welcome, fire away!!!
Posted Image

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

We have no use for Cullen, I'd much rather keep Schroeder as the 3C. And right now Ballard isn't going anywhere unless its an overpayment. And why trade Raymond when he's playing so well?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm thrilled with how Ballard is playing. The Ballard-Tanev pairing has been our best and most consistent pairing. I don't think we'll move him, or even consider buying him out.

Since it seems you have done your research on this one, I'm curious to know what you think of a Booth trade/buyout - what kind of return are we looking at?

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'm thrilled with how Ballard is playing. The Ballard-Tanev pairing has been our best and most consistent pairing. I don't think we'll move him, or even consider buying him out.

Since it seems you have done your research on this one, I'm curious to know what you think of a Booth trade/buyout - what kind of return are we looking at?

it really depends what your looking for because dont forget we gave up scraps to get him
Posted Image

#5 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Cullen's 36, so trading Ballard for him would not be accepted by our current GM.

Raymond for Demers is a win for us; however, who takes over MayRay's position?
Posted Image

#6 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

to sj: raymond

to van: demers

note: i have no idea where the value is for both of these guys at this time because an arguement could be had for either one of them to have more trade value then the other right now

demers is one of those guys where i could just see him just explode on to the scene with a new home because he isnt going anywhere in sj with boyle, burns, vlasic and stuart in the top 4 and with braun breathing down his neck for that 3rd pairing spot, he is no mans land. raymond gives them some much needed scoring depth on the wing. we get a young, puck moving right handed defenceman who can finally be paired with edler and relieve him of his duties on the right side

this deal pushes a much improved ballard out of the line up and with all these teams with need of a nhl blueliner, does ballard have trade value?

lets send him home....i know its a long shot to trade with in your own division but this isnt a possible controversial deal so i think it may be possible, its just two scrap pieces being swapped.

to min: ballard

to van: cullen

min gets an nhl blueliner to come in and add some veteran depth on their d-core...something they dont have a whole lot of

I've talked about acquiring Demers for a right-hand option. He's been a healthy scratch for SJ though, so I think Raymond might be an overpayment given the way he is playing. Honestly I'd offer Weise + Andrew Gordon or a late round pick. SJ has a glut of depth defenseman and might give one away for better forward depth. And their forward depth is atrocious. Weise would be a better 3rd line option for them.

I wouldn't do Ballard for Cullen. Cullen is old, almost a UFA and wouldn't be that much better than Schroeder. Ballard's been a very good player this season and I don't think we can deal him before the playoffs unless we get a better defenseman from somewhere else.

With Demers though, I like our depth:

Hamhuis - Edler
Garrison - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts - Demers
Vandermeer/Barker
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#7 Pavel Burrows

Pavel Burrows

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

terrible for us.
Posted Image

Credit to VC!

#8 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Cullen's 36, so trading Ballard for him would not be accepted by our current GM.

I too would be ok with MayRay for Demers.

Ballard for Cullen would be about as good as Ron Burgundy choosing milk to hydrate.

#9 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Booth
Posted Image

#10 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Let me start by saying interesting suggestions. I like Demers' potential (can skate, can hit, can shoot and plays on the right) but at this point Raymond's not leaving (as mentioned; he's tied for the team lead in goals if I'm not mistaken?); the forward and defensive groups should be given time to gel to judge who's in and who's out (with Booth coming back) before making any moves IMO.

I personally wouldn't mind Cullen, but then again Ballard's been safe with Tanev and the forward groups are full as they are. Cullen's speedy, can hit and can score (he's done well in the post-season with the Sens and Canes, where he won the Cup) but if the playoffs become war of attrition again I'd like someone bigger who's also got skill from a non-playoff team.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.