The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

sj-van...and does ballard have trade value now?

billabong

to sj: raymond

to van: demers

note: i have no idea where the value is for both of these guys at this time because an arguement could be had for either one of them to have more trade value then the other right now

demers is one of those guys where i could just see him just explode on to the scene with a new home because he isnt going anywhere in sj with boyle, burns, vlasic and stuart in the top 4 and with braun breathing down his neck for that 3rd pairing spot, he is no mans land. raymond gives them some much needed scoring depth on the wing. we get a young, puck moving right handed defenceman who can finally be paired with edler and relieve him of his duties on the right side

this deal pushes a much improved ballard out of the line up and with all these teams with need of a nhl blueliner, does ballard have trade value?

lets send him home....i know its a long shot to trade with in your own division but this isnt a possible controversial deal so i think it may be possible, its just two scrap pieces being swapped.

to min: ballard

to van: cullen

min gets an nhl blueliner to come in and add some veteran depth on their d-core...something they dont have a whole lot of

note: (age)

suter-brodin(19)

ballard-gilbert

falk(24)-spurgeon(23)

stoner(27)-prosser(26)

scandella(22)-kampfer(24)

they are stock full of young blueliners (dont forget about cuma and dumba) but the team and fans want playoff games now because all that money they spent on parise and suter. all those young players have 0 playoff games combined under their belt and the wild want playoff games ummm ya good luck with that...not even gilbert has played a playoff game and suter has chalked up 39 then you throw in ballards measly 14 games but he was backseat in a scf playoff run so his experience is a little different but still this team needs veteran blueliners and ballard gives them that

min ships out one hometown boy for another and we get a veteran 3rd line center to temporarily fill in the 3rd line center role until we can find a more permanent player to fill that spot. cullen is a UFA a the end of the year, he is 36 and has 1 goal, 6 points thus far in 14 games....he is operating at %50.5 on the dot this year and was %53.2 last season.

sedin-sedin-burrows

booth-kesler-kassian

higgins-cullen-hansen

volpatti-lapierre-weise

schroeder***

hamhuis-bieksa

edler-demers

garrison-tanev

alberts-barker

constructive criticism is welcome, fire away!!!

I'm thrilled with how Ballard is playing. The Ballard-Tanev pairing has been our best and most consistent pairing. I don't think we'll move him, or even consider buying him out.

Since it seems you have done your research on this one, I'm curious to know what you think of a Booth trade/buyout - what kind of return are we looking at?

I'm thrilled with how Ballard is playing. The Ballard-Tanev pairing has been our best and most consistent pairing. I don't think we'll move him, or even consider buying him out.

Since it seems you have done your research on this one, I'm curious to know what you think of a Booth trade/buyout - what kind of return are we looking at?

to sj: raymond

to van: demers

note: i have no idea where the value is for both of these guys at this time because an arguement could be had for either one of them to have more trade value then the other right now

demers is one of those guys where i could just see him just explode on to the scene with a new home because he isnt going anywhere in sj with boyle, burns, vlasic and stuart in the top 4 and with braun breathing down his neck for that 3rd pairing spot, he is no mans land. raymond gives them some much needed scoring depth on the wing. we get a young, puck moving right handed defenceman who can finally be paired with edler and relieve him of his duties on the right side

this deal pushes a much improved ballard out of the line up and with all these teams with need of a nhl blueliner, does ballard have trade value?

lets send him home....i know its a long shot to trade with in your own division but this isnt a possible controversial deal so i think it may be possible, its just two scrap pieces being swapped.

to min: ballard

to van: cullen

min gets an nhl blueliner to come in and add some veteran depth on their d-core...something they dont have a whole lot of

Let me start by saying interesting suggestions. I like Demers' potential (can skate, can hit, can shoot and plays on the right) but at this point Raymond's not leaving (as mentioned; he's tied for the team lead in goals if I'm not mistaken?); the forward and defensive groups should be given time to gel to judge who's in and who's out (with Booth coming back) before making any moves IMO.

I personally wouldn't mind Cullen, but then again Ballard's been safe with Tanev and the forward groups are full as they are. Cullen's speedy, can hit and can score (he's done well in the post-season with the Sens and Canes, where he won the Cup) but if the playoffs become war of attrition again I'd like someone bigger who's also got skill from a non-playoff team.

Archived