The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"Impatient Fans"

tibowtime

Let me start off by saying the passion of this fan-base is amazing.

We all know that this team is destined for great things, yet we don't have the patience for ANY type of a mistake.

Enjoy the games and the season. Without a doubt, there is going to be ups and downs. As there has been every season in the past. We've already had a few instances this season. The ups: Henrik becoming the all time scoring leader for the Canucks!! Congrats btw :towel: And the downs: Manny being shut down for the season.

Yet we easily forget how much we love and how great this team is based on a bad game here and there.

Give them a break. I really don't think that the title of "worst fans" is the right way to describe this fan-base; it should rather be "impatient fans".

Just let them play, you just watch and cheer them on, and even when there's things that you just want to shake your head at and scream your face off do it silently.

Keep this in mind, a loss here and there is great for the team (regardless of how they lose). It keeps them humble. It helps them face adversity and battle their way through it.

Most of the impatient fans are the ones that started cheering for the Canucks during the SCF run because anyone that has followed this team for a decade or 2 or 4 has to be patient, or they would have died a long time ago.

I just want to be entertained

give me an effort so I can happily watch with beer and Doritos.

I have been getting slammed by friends and family for almost thirty years of being a canucks fan. First it was cause how bad the team was, but once they started improving, people just look for a differant reasone to slam them. I dont think this will ever change, so in closing i think i am a fairly patient canucks fan. GO NUCKS GO !!

first of all no we don't have patience because they where suppose to have a cup already.... the kinda money that gillis is allowed to spend on players should of allowed him to get a stanley cup sooner rather than later... la kings of all teams beat us to the punch....remember that an 8th place team took us out because we where down a top player.... we had our chance against boston and came out flat just flat in game 7 of the finals.....i will tell you what i see in this team compared to the one in 94 ... we are much more talented but have no drive whats so ever..... no drive... no lindens heart in our team.... in 94 they weren't talented just hardworking players that got together and decided to play and drive..... this team has talent just no drive rather you agree with me or not don't matter..... no cup and thats the ultimate goal.....

I've been a fan since early 80's and watched the Canucks when they were consistently bottom dwellers but had a lot of character players like Snepts, Williams, etc who gave effort each night. Then they started to improve with some skilled players and entertaining hockey to get to the SCF when they weren't expected to, and now, they win more consistently and have world class players. I also remember when the City could've lost the team a couple of times when the Griffiths family after 2 generations of ownership, could no longer maintain the team and sustain the type of financial losses they went through. Through all this, there was always something about the Canucks that many people hated. Looking back at what the team went through helps me to be patient and enjoy the entertainment.

I love this topic, great work OP you are stating my feelings this entire day. I have been on the forums and just seeing some of these topics and posts. They are all so negative and depressing. Go outside, ride a bike, take a walk, find a girl, please stop fixating on all the things wrong with the Canucks and focus on the things right for a change. If you cannot do that... you have mental issues more pressing that you should be working on.

I can say with all honesty, my passion for this team to win is extremely high. Not because I want to say we have a stanley cup win after 40+ years but because this organization puts up with soooo much on behalf of the fanbase. These guys deserve more than anyone to get one due to the extra curricular stuff these guys do for the city and its people alone! Everyone of our players are selfless and true class acts (with the exception of some of them on the ice at times). WHEN we get one it will be a glorious day for BC and we can finally move past the BS.

OP has a point. Part of the hate directed toward Vancouver is undeniably because of a minority of fickle fans that change with the wind and vocalize too much. They are annoying and usually ignorant, but they stick out because they're loud. It's always the few that give a bad name to the many.

Some food for thought:

Fools vent their anger, but the wise quietly hold it back.

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.

He who belittles another lacks good sense, whereas a person of discernment stays silent.

A little less foolishness and a little more class can go a long way, CDCers.

NHL Hockey is ,to me, about those with exceptional skill displaying it for all to see and appreciate.

It is a show and it does not matter which team they play for or what age they are or where they come from.

Enjoy the entire talent base and forget the money,politics and us vs. them.

We all end up in the same spot in the end so enjoy the entertainment.

I don't know, I used to dream of a Canucks' Stanley Cup and how awesome that would be, but after 2011, I just felt dejected and bitter.

Everything seemed to come together until the Finals. Then things started to go south. After Game 5, I thought "Only have to win 1 of the next 2 games and the Canucks will have a Stanley Cup!!"

Then came 2 of the most disappointing playoff games I have ever seen.

I could stomach 1994. It was close. The Canucks were in it, right to the end. Sure they weren't favourites, but Linden left it all on the ice, despite being really banged up.

But this last one hit me hard. The Canucks wilted like dead flowers, Lou couldn't make the big save, and the Twins were being beat up like schoolyard geeks. I know they had injuries. I know they were tired. It was still disappointing to see them bow out like that.

I am no longer impatient. I continue to watch the Canucks each game and I will always be a supportive fan. As long as they play hard and try to win each game, I will be happy. However, I am not holding my breath on a championship anytime soon. If they couldn't win with the lineup they had two years ago being the odds on favourite, the chance of them getting it done this year or anytime in the near future seems doubtful at best. My advice: Enjoy the games, enjoy the action, but don't take it too seriously. After all, it's just a game.

Most of the impatient fans are the ones that started cheering for the Canucks during the SCF run because anyone that has followed this team for a decade or 2 or 4 has to be patient, or they would have died a long time ago.

I just want to be entertained

give me an effort so I can happily watch with beer and Doritos.

I have been getting slammed by friends and family for almost thirty years of being a canucks fan. First it was cause how bad the team was, but once they started improving, people just look for a differant reasone to slam them. I dont think this will ever change, so in closing i think i am a fairly patient canucks fan. GO NUCKS GO !!

Archived