Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

"Impatient Fans"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#31 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Most of the impatient fans are the ones that started cheering for the Canucks during the SCF run because anyone that has followed this team for a decade or 2 or 4 has to be patient, or they would have died a long time ago.

I just want to be entertained

give me an effort so I can happily watch with beer and Doritos.

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#32 NuckleheadFan

NuckleheadFan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

OP, I would agree with you the losing 1 or few games and then jumping on the players or management calling out for changes, player moves, etc is being impatient. There's a reason the game is played on the ice, and not on some stat sheet or highest payroll (remember when NY continuously tried to buy a cup and didnt acheive the expectation) or roster on paper. It's the human performance factor that provides the competition and that for me, is what makes the team fun and exciting to watch, and to continue to support. Sometimes it seems there is an entitlement belief from some of the fan base...but that's just my 2 cents only and could be off base.

#33 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

I don't know, I used to dream of a Canucks' Stanley Cup and how awesome that would be, but after 2011, I just felt dejected and bitter.

Everything seemed to come together until the Finals. Then things started to go south. After Game 5, I thought "Only have to win 1 of the next 2 games and the Canucks will have a Stanley Cup!!"

Then came 2 of the most disappointing playoff games I have ever seen.

I could stomach 1994. It was close. The Canucks were in it, right to the end. Sure they weren't favourites, but Linden left it all on the ice, despite being really banged up.

But this last one hit me hard. The Canucks wilted like dead flowers, Lou couldn't make the big save, and the Twins were being beat up like schoolyard geeks. I know they had injuries. I know they were tired. It was still disappointing to see them bow out like that.

I am no longer impatient. I continue to watch the Canucks each game and I will always be a supportive fan. As long as they play hard and try to win each game, I will be happy. However, I am not holding my breath on a championship anytime soon. If they couldn't win with the lineup they had two years ago being the odds on favourite, the chance of them getting it done this year or anytime in the near future seems doubtful at best. My advice: Enjoy the games, enjoy the action, but don't take it too seriously. After all, it's just a game.

Home run
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#34 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Been a fan for 40+ years,not much to cheer about for this franchise but I,m still here and will remain here cheering for our team.Hopefully I,ll get to see our boys hoist the cup before I die.As far as patience I think I have been pretty patient stopped being impatient long time ago.

GO CANUCKS!!!
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#35 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

The impatience come from the same old mistakes and the lack inept of coaching abilities . No innovation and lack of direction on the ice ect. ect. ect. When the team with the right coaching could be dominating, explosive and an exciting third period team to watch. Instead their left frustrated playing an exposed system.

Edited by cc_devil, 17 February 2013 - 01:23 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.