The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UK makes personal finance classes mandatory for kids

allkill326

This can only be a good thing.

I'm nearly half way through tenth grade and not once have we learned anything to do with finances.

I hold a part time job like most kids my age, yet I had to take my own initiative to learn what to do with my money.

Should be mandatory in middle/high school here as well. So many idiots out there that don't know how to manage their finances. I spent a few years working for a bank and so many people didn't understand how their credit card worked. And so many that were just clueless about their accounts.

Should be mandatory in middle/high school here as well. So many idiots out there that don't know how to manage their finances. I spent a few years working for a bank and so many people didn't understand how their credit card worked. And so many that were just clueless about their accounts.

Japan has been doing it for a while now. I'm investing in Gold and Silver for the long haul now wish i had started sooner in that but I follwed the invest every month rrsp. it's done ok but not as good if I had gold and silver....that's gone up 600% since the 90's China,Russia are hoarding Gold, Germany and many other countries want their gold back from Manhatten we might see China and Russia Iran back their currency with Gold or as some think there might be a huge collapse or reset and go back to the gold standard.

It should be taught in North America as well. Many Canadians and Americans could take away something from this. Based on the large number of people that are having debt and personal finance problems, it sometimes astounds me that many can be completely clueless or have little to no knowledge of personal finances and investments. This is far more useful than a lot of the crap that is taught in high school.

On the surface, the basic principle is not difficult to understand: Have less expenses than the revenue (i.e. - employment and/or other income coming in), and do not borrow or take on loans that you cannot afford. In reality, some people face more underlying issues when it comes to this.

On the surface, the basic principle is not difficult to understand: Have less expenses than the revenue (i.e. - employment and/or other income coming in), and do not borrow or take on loans that you cannot afford. In reality, some people face more underlying issues when it comes to this.

Archived