Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[GDT] St.Louis Blues @ Vancouver Canucks - 6:00 PM PST - SNET-P

• Please log in to reply
945 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (141 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win the game?(no bias)

1. Voted Vancouver Canucks (90 votes [63.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.83%

2. St.Louis Blues (20 votes [14.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.18%

3. No one (7 votes [4.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.96%

4. Me (24 votes [17.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#931 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,915 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

2 bad games in a row for our goalies. Lets hope they show up for next game

was hoping this team can win with a mediocre goaltending for a change.
Posted Image

#932 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

3 stars

1 the refs
2 that trainers i-pad
3 the nachos and popcorn john garret had at the movies

epic game management

#933 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,365 posts

And AV's inability to find consistent shooters continues to lose us the extra two points.

Burrows and Raymond are horrible in the shootout. Why would he keep going with them?

Meanwhile two of our most skilled stick handlers (Schroeder and Kassian) sit on the bench....

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#934 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

to me that is a typical STL game
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#935 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

IS there a reason why they are shooting it right at the goalie as opposed to the nongoalie covered parts?

#936 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Is this team THAT good? Obviously we need to see more but the record outside of the NW is abysmal...that is what worries me most.

#937 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

This Blues team would be so sick if they spent the 20 million they have in cap space.

#938 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,487 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

I guess we know who is starting next game.

On the plus side, I thought Raymond looked good yet again. As did Garrison. And people always hate on those 2. :sadno:

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 17 February 2013 - 10:03 PM.

zackass.png

#939 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,487 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

And AV's inability to find consistent shooters continues to lose us the extra two points.

Burrows and Raymond are horrible in the shootout. Why would he keep going with them?

Meanwhile two of our most skilled stick handlers (Schroeder and Kassian) sit on the bench....

No surprise.

AV cost us again, we sat back and blew 2 leads.

It's embarrassing that this team, with all the depth it has, can't win unless the goaltenders have a great game.

He just needs to go.

zackass.png

#940 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Edited by WHL rocks, 17 February 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#941 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,487 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

I didn't all of a sudden say we need to get bigger because of 1 period. This has been a problem for years, 1 period , 1 game etc...

MG got a 21 year old Kassian last year and he could barely stick on the team. Sat for deciding game in playoffs. He is not the answer just yet. Kassian is best suited for 3rd or 4th line, I've been saying this since before the season started and its even more clear now.

Clearly he has been struggling on the 2nd line. Last game he was responsible for the Dallas game winner, (lost his check and gave up on the play for Dillon's game winner). Today he cost the team with a terrible pass/turn over which cost a goal.

Booth has done nothing to impress me. He failed miserably in the playoffs last year.

This team needs a legit top 6 winger with size and toughness for the Sedins or the 2nd line. Kassian needs to go one the 3rd line at best.

Higgins, Burrows, Raymond are not the answer to another playoff run.

Really cause those 3 looked like our best wingers tonight. We were all over them in the third. And Raymond has been having a great season.

Booth will really help especially in games like this, his speed and power will be a huge asset. We don't need 250 pound guys who can barely skate to win a cup. That's not the key to playoffs success.

zackass.png

#942 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

No surprise.

AV cost us again, we sat back and blew 2 leads.

It's embarrassing that this team, with all the depth it has, can't win unless the goaltenders have a great game.

He just needs to go.

Agreed, he's already set about regressing Kassian in the tried and true Keith Ballard method.

Fire that Vig!!!

#943 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

2 bad games in a row for our goalies. Lets hope they show up for next game

Lets just trade both of them right? :picard:

The defense is this team's problem not the damn goalie. Without them playing great, it seems we lose 10 times out of 10. The defense need to wake the frack up already. We have only looked good because our goalies have played great most times than not. The only people who keep blaming goalies for our losses are the ones who don't know hockey.

Posted Image

#944 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

The defense is this team's problem not the damn goalie. Without them playing great, it seems we lose 10 times out of 10. The defense need to wake the frack up already. We have only looked good because our goalies have played great most times than not. The only people who keep blaming goalies for our losses are the ones who don't know hockey.

Team is spoiled by having two great goalies. They won 6 games in a row in which their netminders only gave up 1 goal per game!!! AS soon as the goalies don't play lights-out, this team is in trouble. Can't hold a lead and only play 40 minutes a night.

Work ethic/mental attitude is still lacking. LA showed that effort and teamwork can overcome talent. THis team still seems to think they can do it on finnesse and talent.

Kesler is back and playing better than should have been expected but the team is still palying weak. Will Booth be the magic pill? I doubt it.

#945 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,738 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Schneider admitted it was his fault on 2 of the goals. If he saved those we would have won. And I don't disagree about the defense. Ballard, Tanev and Hamhuis have been consistent. Bieksa has been on and off, and Edler and Garrisson have been garbage to put it nicely.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#946 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Two words...exciting game! I never yelled at the tv so much. Looks like the crowd was pretty spirited too and you had them on their feet a few times. Good game! PP is frustrating to watch. Looks like we're missing Cody's 2ndary PP goals. That trade is never going to go away. As I saw it, it appeared that Cody was the only one that had life in that team in the last quarter of the regular season and consequently the only one consistently putting up points and evidently getting us the wins, and so to make that trade just before the playoffs...mind boggling. End result...first round exit.

I didn't post in the PGT thread because i'm boycotting any idiotic titled threads. The "official" threads should be monitored. Let's have some standards/class. These critical titled threads are getting out of control. Highly questionable if they have the Canucks best interest. Who goes into a fan site and criticize the heck out of the players/team consistently, non-fans/trolls? They're taking up space instead of providing anything truly constructive.

Question, why did Burrows "continue" to try to jam the puck in down low up close when it started to become apparent the tender seemed very good at covering that and it was never going to get by him, hence Burrows 0 and anyone else that roofed the puck 1.

Edited by Mauii, 21 February 2013 - 12:44 AM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.