Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Team holes to fill at deadline...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#91 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Only Mike Babcock has won more playoff series as a coach since AV joined the Canucks prior to the 2006-07 season. I find that surprising, given that it takes only a simple adjustment in game style to beat his teams. And it also happens to be the case that of the four teams who have beat AV's Canucks in the playoffs, three of them were the eventual Stanley Cup champions, with Chicago in 2009 being the exception. That is to say, only elite teams have managed to beat AV.

I wouldn't disagree that Luongo contributed to AV's Jack Adams award in 2007. But if you want to also credit Lu for all the playoff victories, I wouldn't be the only person on the other side of this debate.

To repeat, I'll take objective data over subjective opinion. AV is a tremendously successful coach. If he was let go by the Canucks, I'm sure he'd find another NHL head coaching job very soon.

I agree. The thing is that Vancouver fans are negative nancies, so anything less than a dominating cup win is regarded as a major issue present in the team. They never give any credit to the quality of the opposition. Part of it is ignorance of the realities of world-class level competition.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.