#1 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Elliott Pap@ElliottPap
Canuck LW David Booth (groin) says he is close and expects to play on upcoming road trip. #canucks

Elliott Pap@ElliottPap
Canuck David Booth (groin) on when he might play: "Chicago is a possibility in my mind. Two days is a lot. We'll see how it feels." #canucks

There are already a bunch of topics on the potential line-ups for when he comes back, but I'm kind of concerned. While depth is great, I honestly don't know where he'll go.

IMO, the first line is Sedins and Burrows, second line (I heard) played well against Dallas so not sure if we should mess with that, and the speedy third line has a lot of chemistry.

Edited by LuongoCFan, 17 February 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#2 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

POPULAR

I honestly hope they don't send Schroeder down to the Wolves. He's been playing great so far

Edited by canucktican, 17 February 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#3 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

POPULAR

I honestly think he would be great playing with Raymond and Schroeder, no offence to Jannik but he would be just as effective on the fourth line.

Booth would bring some much needed size to that line, and as he showed in the playoffs some grit as well. He's a head down crash the net type player, and Kes couldn't find him in stride, something that Jordan Schroeder excells at.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth
Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

All this team needs is maybe another steady top 4 D man and we SHOULD be in the finals.
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#4 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Booth and Raymond for Vanek.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#5 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

whoops nvm

Edited by Spotted Zebra, 17 February 2013 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#6 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

POPULAR

I honestly think he would be great playing with Raymond and Schroeder, no offence to Jannik but he would be just as effective on the fourth line.

Booth would bring some much needed size to that line, and as he showed in the playoffs some grit as well. He's a head down crash the net type player, and Kes couldn't find him in stride, something that Jordan Schroeder excells at.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

All this team needs is maybe another steady top 4 D man and we SHOULD be in the finals.

Garrison for Salo?
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#7 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Booth is overrated... Deal him in a package

#8 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

The thing is, Hansen provides a lot of the work that the speedy line sees. On Booth's first day, I think he'd be hard-pressed to find a way to keep up with Ray and Schroeder.

I think Booth and Kesler should be playing together, because supposedly they did all that practice together in the off-season. The third member of that line is up in the air, but it will probably be Kassian as a passer. Problem with that is that Kassian is a good shooter. I really wish Kesler would pass the puck. Hopefully he worked on that during the off-season.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Booth - Kesler - Kassian (thrid line while recovering. More like a 2b. This will continue to be the case if that speedy line continues)
Higgins - Lapierre - Volpatti/Wiese (since Higgins and Lapierre already play pretty good together).

It would suck to push higgins to the 4th line after his recent success, though... but honestly, the team's scoring is very spread out. The entire speed line is putting up points, Sedins go with Burrows... Having Higgins and Lapierre on the 4th line is a sign of a VERY deep team. That line could be the 3rd line on a play-off bound team. They are our 4th. That is VERY impressive.

Of course, Kassian and Burrows can swap from time to time, depending on the situation. If Kassian is a bit too slow for Booth and Kes in a specific situation, or if Kassian needs to protect the Sedins in a game that gets out of hand...

OPTIONZZ WEEE!!! :frantic:
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#9 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

and the game animals in the mountains breath a sigh of relief.....for now

#10 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian
Weise

We have a pretty deep team!

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#11 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Booth-Kes-Kassian, That's a mean line.

#12 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

I honestly hope they don't send Schroeder down to the Wolves. He's been playing great so far

I don't think they really can anymore with Malholtra out, Ebbett is not good enough to be our 3rd line center.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#13 Watermelon

Watermelon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

This is actually a good line-up, Kassian and Burrows should be able to switch back and forth while Booth has a play maker on the line for him. This line-up looks like 1,2,2b,3

Edited by ZackKassian9, 17 February 2013 - 12:20 PM.

Posted Image

#14 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,983 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Two top-6 forwards back in less than a week. Both players can score and hit like trains.

I think Weise is going to sit.

#15 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian
Weise

We have a pretty deep team!

I think they will start with that lineup. Booth shouldn't be on the 3rd line; he's just not defensively responsible. I think Kassian and Higgins might change up. Booth Kes Kass looks like a tough line if they can get some chemistry. Don't like to see Hansen down on the 4th but he will make that line much better.

#16 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Agree with this. Also, with Booth playing the 3rd line, he can slowly step in to a top-6 role. Having 2 players in the top-6 who have played a combined 3-4 games by the time Booth suits up might be a bit foolish.

Play Hansen on the 4th, but play the heck out of him on the PK. With Manny gone, Hansen is the primary PKer - in regards to SH TOI/G. Last year too.

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 17 February 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#17 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

Re-Unite the Booth-Kesler-Kassian!
Posted Image

#18 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,296 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

POPULAR

Booth scores in his first game back. OMG Booth is awesome don't trade him!

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#19 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

No way does Hansen get bumped to the 4th. If AV keeps Schroeder the 3rd line will remain a speed line, they have been producing (and if Raymond's goal wasn't disallowed they would have again) and I would be surprised if JS was sent down, but crazier things have happened. Keep this team moving forward because IMO this team is better than the team that took us to game 7.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Lappy-Volpatti

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#20 puckinaround

puckinaround

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Not a fan of putting Booth with Kes. I think he is very redundant right now. How many fast fowards with a little grit and some scoring abilities do we have right now? Booth, Raymond, Higgins, Hansen, Lapierre. We need some more depth on D if anything.

Sedins, Burr
Kes, Kass, Ray
Schroeder, Higgins, Booth
Hansen, Lapierre, Volpatti

#21 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Sounds about right. When the injury originally happened he was slated to miss 18 games max unless something disastrous happened in his recovery. Tonight is game 14 so it should be pretty close.

aXmDa9t.gif

#22 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Not a fan of putting Booth with Kes. I think he is very redundant right now. How many fast fowards with a little grit and some scoring abilities do we have right now? Booth, Raymond, Higgins, Hansen, Lapierre. We need some more depth on D if anything.

Sedins, Burr
Kes, Kass, Ray
Schroeder, Higgins, Booth
Hansen, Lapierre, Volpatti

Well, Booth and Kesler supposedly practiced this offseason to generate some chemistry. Lets see if that pans out, because it would be ideal.

I think the shortcomings of the second line last year were accentuated by Raymond being on that line, not passing, and not holding possession. Raymond found his niche, finally, with Schroeder. Let's leave it that way.

I think Kassian has plenty of vision to set up Booth and Kes. Kesler is also a VERY gifted passer. He just... doesn't, really. His first game back was a good indication of improvement, though! He made some sick passes for a guy's first game back after shoulder surgery.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#23 erkayloomeh

erkayloomeh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian.

I agree we have a deep team. I also don't think we need help on d. Makes you wonder what giLlis is refering to when he says he wants a return for lluongo that wwill help us now. Would have to include at least two of our top 9 in exchange for an upgrade at top 6. Then we lose a little depth no?

Edited by erkayloomeh, 17 February 2013 - 12:47 PM.

GOD BE PRAISED

#24 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

I will put David Booth in the Ballard category.

Snake bitten & not quite in-sync with team because of it.

If Ballard can find his way than so can Booth.

Like Ballard, he came on pretty hard near the end and in our short playoff series.

he just needs to play, find some chemistry, and not get hurt.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#25 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

I will put David Booth in the Ballard category.

Snake bitten & not quite in-sync with team because of it.

If Ballard can find his way than so can Booth.

Like Ballard, he came on pretty hard near the end and in our short playoff series.

he just needs to play, find some chemistry, and not get hurt.

This is very true. Both of these players have faced some untimely and problematic injury problems here.

There's a reason MG traded for these players.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#26 Tyler83

Tyler83

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

So some one will have to get sent down because we are already at the player limit. Im guessing either Ebbet or Volpatti.

#27 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

They aren't going to send Schroeder down.

I expect Booth to start on 3rd line if Kassian can hold his own on the 2nd line between now and Booth's return.

Right now Kassian is being given a chance on the 2nd line. Last game Kassian gave up on the play and lost Dillon on the back check resulting in the game winner for Dallas. Even after this Kassian is slotted on the 2nd line vs St. Louis. Finally AV has come around and let a young player learn from his mistake rather than dropping him to the 4th line or pasting him to the bench ie Hodgson.

Booth will take a few games to get up to game speed.

#28 Tyler83

Tyler83

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Elliott Pap@ElliottPap
Canuck David Booth (groin) on when he might play: "Chicago is a possibility in my mind. Two days is a lot. We'll see how it feels." #canucks

#29 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Yess!

Posted Image

#30 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Oooh, as early as Tuesday? Good stuff
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.