The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth to return soon.

Steve Carell

Elliott Pap@ElliottPap

Canuck LW David Booth (groin) says he is close and expects to play on upcoming road trip. #canucks

Elliott Pap@ElliottPap

Canuck David Booth (groin) on when he might play: "Chicago is a possibility in my mind. Two days is a lot. We'll see how it feels." #canucks

There are already a bunch of topics on the potential line-ups for when he comes back, but I'm kind of concerned. While depth is great, I honestly don't know where he'll go.

IMO, the first line is Sedins and Burrows, second line (I heard) played well against Dallas so not sure if we should mess with that, and the speedy third line has a lot of chemistry.

I honestly think he would be great playing with Raymond and Schroeder, no offence to Jannik but he would be just as effective on the fourth line.

Booth would bring some much needed size to that line, and as he showed in the playoffs some grit as well. He's a head down crash the net type player, and Kes couldn't find him in stride, something that Jordan Schroeder excells at.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth

Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

All this team needs is maybe another steady top 4 D man and we SHOULD be in the finals.

I honestly think he would be great playing with Raymond and Schroeder, no offence to Jannik but he would be just as effective on the fourth line.

Booth would bring some much needed size to that line, and as he showed in the playoffs some grit as well. He's a head down crash the net type player, and Kes couldn't find him in stride, something that Jordan Schroeder excells at.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

All this team needs is maybe another steady top 4 D man and we SHOULD be in the finals.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

No way does Hansen get bumped to the 4th. If AV keeps Schroeder the 3rd line will remain a speed line, they have been producing (and if Raymond's goal wasn't disallowed they would have again) and I would be surprised if JS was sent down, but crazier things have happened. Keep this team moving forward because IMO this team is better than the team that took us to game 7.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lappy-Volpatti

Not a fan of putting Booth with Kes. I think he is very redundant right now. How many fast fowards with a little grit and some scoring abilities do we have right now? Booth, Raymond, Higgins, Hansen, Lapierre. We need some more depth on D if anything.

Sedins, Burr

Kes, Kass, Ray

Schroeder, Higgins, Booth

Hansen, Lapierre, Volpatti

Archived