The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth to return soon.

Steve Carell

I think Booth will start on the 4th line just to work his way in. He'll move up quickly. With Booth returning he gives us great forward depth and nearly endless top-nine options.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth

Weise/Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

This lineup is how I see it shaping up long term; 3 scoring lines and an energy/4th line. But we do have a ton of options

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Burrows

_______ - Lapierre - Hansen

If we want to use Kesler as a true shutdown center, put him with our other best defensive forwards.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Schroeder - ____

Use Higgins/Lapierre/Hansen as the shutdown line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

_______ - Lapierre - Kassian

Reunite the AMEX line, ice three scoring lines and a more traditional 4th line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - ______

Lines balanced with scoring, speed, grit and offense right through the lineup.

I honestly think he would be great playing with Raymond and Schroeder, no offence to Jannik but he would be just as effective on the fourth line.

Booth would bring some much needed size to that line, and as he showed in the playoffs some grit as well. He's a head down crash the net type player, and Kes couldn't find him in stride, something that Jordan Schroeder excells at.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

All this team needs is maybe another steady top 4 D man and we SHOULD be in the finals.

4th line...He's a big boy let's see what he can do down there...plus gives a little more scoring to our fourth line...look at it, it's a thing of beauty:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian

Volpatti - Lapierre - Booth

Why do people want to keep jostling Hansen and Higgins around? I like them more than Booth, and they have contributed more to the team.

I know people won't agree to my Kassian moved down to the 3rd but I'd like to see him on a line with Schroeder.

that's my two cents.

4th line...He's a big boy let's see what he can do down there...plus gives a little more scoring to our fourth line...look at it, it's a thing of beauty:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian

Volpatti - Lapierre - Booth

Why do people want to keep jostling Hansen and Higgins around? I like them more than Booth, and they have contributed more to the team.

I know people won't agree to my Kassian moved down to the 3rd but I'd like to see him on a line with Schroeder.

that's my two cents.

I'm concerned that he suggested playing against Chicago, depending on how his injury "feels".

This says to me that he isn't completely healed. IMO, feeling 100% for one day isn't enough to ensure a full recovery, and he's risking re-injuring it again. We've done fine without Booth so far, and I certainly don't want to see the guy go down again because he came back too soon.

I'm concerned that he suggested playing against Chicago, depending on how his injury "feels".

This says to me that he isn't completely healed. IMO, feeling 100% for one day isn't enough to ensure a full recovery, and he's risking re-injuring it again. We've done fine without Booth so far, and I certainly don't want to see the guy go down again because he came back too soon.

Jason Botchford and Dan Murphy report that Booth is on the fourth line in practice with Lapierre and Weise. He'll likely start the game today there and I don't mind that. Unless you're a core player like Kesler, you're going to get slowly worked into the lineup, starting with the 4th line. I have no doubt that if he looks good he'll get moved up by the 2nd period.

A lot of fans undervalue Booth. He is big, fast and hell bent to go to the net. That is a rarity on this team. He will also give the Nucks .5pts per game.

HIs down side is his hockey IQ and reckless play, which often leads to injury. His defensive play is lacking as well. He has shown that he doesn't swith to the right side very well.

Booth and Kes clealy need a rw playmaker to optimize their performance. Kass is still pretty green to take over this role, but I don't really see anyone else who can. This is why fans have been screaming for a player that can fit this gaping hole.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the lines look like after trade deadline.

• 1 month later...

Archived