The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth to return soon.

Steve Carell

I think tonight's game will define wether Kassian will remain on the 2nd line, he didn't look good on Dallas' 4th goal. I would keep Kassian there, but we all know how AV deals with young guys.

Higgins just started picking up points, Hansen is doing great with Schroeder and Raymond, I wouldn't mind seeing Booth on the 4th for a while. Make him earn a spot in the top 6, create a little competition between the players.

Damn that depth! Seriously, we have 10 top 9 forwards.... reminds me of PHI last year. I'm not worried about role players either, when our entire 4th line can fight, Kassian can bang, and Booth/Kesler have a physical edge.

My lineup prediction:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian (stop throwing Booth on the RW people! He was horrible there last year)

Raymond - Schredder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Weise/Volpatti

Ebbett gets waived.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth

Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

Yeah, I guess this would be the most likely scenario. IMO, you can't return Kassian to the fourth line, and Higgins is definitely not suited for that either. Hansen can play a checking/energy role so I think he would be the best fit to move when Booth comes back.

Damn that depth! Seriously, we have 10 top 9 forwards.... reminds me of PHI last year. I'm not worried about role players either, when our entire 4th line can fight, Kassian can bang, and Booth/Kesler have a physical edge.

My lineup prediction:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian (stop throwing Booth on the RW people! He was horrible there last year)

Raymond - Schredder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Weise/Volpatti

Ebbett gets waived.

I believe that Kassian, with his passing skills and ability to retrieve and control the puck, will make a huge difference with Kes and Booth .. plus, all three of them are capable of creating space on the ice by drawing the double team .. if they gel together, and our "Speedy Gonzalez" line continues to skate, we should have an abundance of riches ..

I know I will be in the minority here but, when he gets a few games under his belt, I'd like to see Booth tried with the Sedins again. I liked his game the few times he played with them last season, as they made him more inclined to pass, and he is both physically strong on the forecheck and is a shooter. This allows Burrows to go back along side Kes creating, hopefully, more line chemistry.

Sedin-Sedin-Booth

Burrows-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lappy-Weise

I think this would be a very interesting experiment to see over a few games.

I believe that Kassian, with his passing skills and ability to retrieve and control the puck, will make a huge difference with Kes and Booth .. plus, all three of them are capable of creating space on the ice by drawing the double team .. if they gel together, and our "Speedy Gonzalez" line continues to skate, we should have an abundance of riches ..

The thing is, Hansen provides a lot of the work that the speedy line sees. On Booth's first day, I think he'd be hard-pressed to find a way to keep up with Ray and Schroeder.

I think Booth and Kesler should be playing together, because supposedly they did all that practice together in the off-season. The third member of that line is up in the air, but it will probably be Kassian as a passer. Problem with that is that Kassian is a good shooter. I really wish Kesler would pass the puck. Hopefully he worked on that during the off-season.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Booth - Kesler - Kassian (thrid line while recovering. More like a 2b. This will continue to be the case if that speedy line continues)

Higgins - Lapierre - Volpatti/Wiese (since Higgins and Lapierre already play pretty good together).

It would suck to push higgins to the 4th line after his recent success, though... but honestly, the team's scoring is very spread out. The entire speed line is putting up points, Sedins go with Burrows... Having Higgins and Lapierre on the 4th line is a sign of a VERY deep team. That line could be the 3rd line on a play-off bound team. They are our 4th. That is VERY impressive.

Of course, Kassian and Burrows can swap from time to time, depending on the situation. If Kassian is a bit too slow for Booth and Kes in a specific situation, or if Kassian needs to protect the Sedins in a game that gets out of hand...

OPTIONZZ WEEE!!! :frantic:

i could see Booth bringing something to the 4th line, unorthodox though that may be. with his style of play it could really work, and might be a good way to get him up to game speed, maybe motivate him to shine and move up in the ranks. i could imagine various other options too of course, i just hope the speed line will stay intact and Kassian will continue to have the chance to develop and produce on a scoring line.

Booth should be on the fourth. The other lines just have too much going for them right now to risk their chemistry to try to fit Booth in. If he starts showing something special on the fourth or if someone else starts slipping we can rethink later.

But, I will say what I've said again. I don't think Booth is worth his cap hit and would like to see him traded before next season. We have other players who contribute as much for less.

Archived