The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth to return soon.

Steve Carell

I like this lineup when all are healthy and up-to-speed:

Sedins + Burr

Booth Kes Kass

Gone Zaa Laas line (Raymond - Shredder - Hansen)

Higgy Lappy Weesy

Press box/rotation: Ebbet, Volpatti

Waived: Barker (don't know anything new about him; saw the Skills Competition clips.)

But what is going to happen first IMO is that Booth will come to practise and AV will juggle the lines and the power play units.

The results of these tests will determine where Booth fits in his first game back.

I think Booth will start on the 4th line just to work his way in. He'll move up quickly. With Booth returning he gives us great forward depth and nearly endless top-nine options.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth

Weise/Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

This lineup is how I see it shaping up long term; 3 scoring lines and an energy/4th line. But we do have a ton of options

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Burrows

_______ - Lapierre - Hansen

If we want to use Kesler as a true shutdown center, put him with our other best defensive forwards.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Schroeder - ____

Use Higgins/Lapierre/Hansen as the shutdown line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

_______ - Lapierre - Kassian

Reunite the AMEX line, ice three scoring lines and a more traditional 4th line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - ______

Lines balanced with scoring, speed, grit and offense right through the lineup.

Booth should be on the fourth. The other lines just have too much going for them right now to risk their chemistry to try to fit Booth in. If he starts showing something special on the fourth or if someone else starts slipping we can rethink later.

But, I will say what I've said again. I don't think Booth is worth his cap hit and would like to see him traded before next season. We have other players who contribute as much for less.

i could see Booth bringing something to the 4th line, unorthodox though that may be. with his style of play it could really work, and might be a good way to get him up to game speed, maybe motivate him to shine and move up in the ranks. i could imagine various other options too of course, i just hope the speed line will stay intact and Kassian will continue to have the chance to develop and produce on a scoring line.

I think Booth will start on the 4th line just to work his way in. He'll move up quickly. With Booth returning he gives us great forward depth and nearly endless top-nine options.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Weise/Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

This lineup is how I see it shaping up long term; 3 scoring lines and an energy/4th line. But we do have a ton of options

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Burrows

_______ - Lapierre - Hansen

If we want to use Kesler as a true shutdown center, put him with our other best defensive forwards.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Schroeder - ____

Use Higgins/Lapierre/Hansen as the shutdown line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

_______ - Lapierre - Kassian

Reunite the AMEX line, ice three scoring lines and a more traditional 4th line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - ______

Lines balanced with scoring, speed, grit and offense right through the lineup.

I think we should give Booth another chance to prove us wrong, after all I was Raymond's biggest critic and not it seems he's back to his old self.

The Booth situation does make for an interesting conversation in terms of how we're going to fit under the cap next year. For the sake of argument, let's say he does perform this year, forcing our hand to keep him next year. With the way Ballard has also stepped up his game, it looks like we could keep both going forward. Then it becomes a matter of keeping Higgins and Raymond, who are both approaching UFA. At this point that's 55mil tied up in 13 players (64.3m cap next season), with Raymond, Higgins and Lapierre all unsigned FA's. In this scenario we have to either deal Luongo for no real cap coming back, or look at buying out one of Ballard/Booth. However, if both are performing, then do we buyout either?

So I guess what I'm saying is, do we keep Booth if he does perform, and risk losing Raymond/Higgins or do we buyout Booth and bring back Higgins and Raymond? The latter option is my preference. So Booth has to out perform the combination of Raymond and Higgins in order to justify his contract next season, a tough hill to climb.

I honestly think he would be great playing with Raymond and Schroeder, no offence to Jannik but he would be just as effective on the fourth line.

Booth would bring some much needed size to that line, and as he showed in the playoffs some grit as well. He's a head down crash the net type player, and Kes couldn't find him in stride, something that Jordan Schroeder excells at.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

All this team needs is maybe another steady top 4 D man and we SHOULD be in the finals.

There was a period last season when Booth was on fire. That came after an 'injury.'

If that Booth returns, and stays a bit more consistent, then i'm pretty sure the haters (y'know, those who thought Raymond was done but now think his game is fine?) will once again be converted.

How can Booth be 'overrated' here anyway? He hasn't been here long enough.

I think we should give Booth another chance to prove us wrong, after all I was Raymond's biggest critic and not it seems he's back to his old self.

The Booth situation does make for an interesting conversation in terms of how we're going to fit under the cap next year. For the sake of argument, let's say he does perform this year, forcing our hand to keep him next year. With the way Ballard has also stepped up his game, it looks like we could keep both going forward. Then it becomes a matter of keeping Higgins and Raymond, who are both approaching UFA. At this point that's 55mil tied up in 13 players (64.3m cap next season), with Raymond, Higgins and Lapierre all unsigned FA's. In this scenario we have to either deal Luongo for no real cap coming back, or look at buying out one of Ballard/Booth. However, if both are performing, then do we buyout either?

So I guess what I'm saying is, do we keep Booth if he does perform, and risk losing Raymond/Higgins or do we buyout Booth and bring back Higgins and Raymond? The latter option is my preference. So Booth has to out perform the combination of Raymond and Higgins in order to justify his contract next season, a tough hill to climb.

These are questions thatll be figured out after the season. We should all have a good idea of who should be kept around by then. Id bet that Luongo or Schneider will be gone by the draft, and there could always be a package there. Also consider Jensen pushing to make the club, which'll need another winger spot to open up. I think at this point that Raymond is the odd man out, as he''l be UFA and wanting a raise after the pay cut. Higgins could be perhaps had for around what he's currently making, same as Lappy. Time will tell with Booth, but the Canucks wont be making any buyouts. Ballard and Booth are tradable assets, no sense in losing them for nothing.

Booth and Kesler have zero chemistry.

They are both the prototypical (American) gung-ho, north-south type players.

Having one dominant player like that (Kesler) on a line can make it elite. Having two though, can just turn the whole line to poop.

Part of the reason they brought in Booth was because he played with Kesler in college... well.. it's safe to say that bromance is long over.

It's too bad because at his salary you can't justify moving him out of your top 6.

Trade.

Archived