The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows - go to move

puckinaround

Was wondering what people think about Burrows shootout move. Its almost the same every time he tries and he has a great record in the shootout. Granted he tried that crazy move recently that everyone was scratching their heads at, but is he now too predictable? He is leaving a pattern for goalies to study and defend against. This also opens the door to the discussion of teams figuring out how to shut down the Sedins Burrows line in the playoffs. Thats my case for keeping Kassian with the Sedins. Its new and unexpected. Cody Hodgson ripping a slap shot over Tim Thomas's shoulder is a perfect example of how affective the unexpected can be. Will never forget the reaction Thomas had after that goal. It was a big WTF was that moment for him.

He went to his backhand move on that breakaway in OT, and even the rookie goalie read it like a book. He needs a new move goalies know all about his move now, just like Kesler's leg kick move a while back it worked well until goalies got used to it.

I don't think its predictable, he just fumbled it a little bit. He tried shooting before the goalie fully committed, usually he waits until they're snow angled then lets it rip. I give him credit for switching it up. When playing with the Sedins, the goals he scores are one timers or tip-ins. Burrows is a lot better at screening the goalie, while Kassian is better at clearing the way for the twins and standing his ground. Burrows gets like 10 cross checks while in front of the goalie and looks like one of those flailing car dealership things( which is good for distraction). Kassian absorbs them, but isn't as mobile. Long story short, burrows is proven in the playoffs while playing with the twins.

Ive been wanting him to chang it up for a long time now. His move worked very well at first but now they are either reading him like a book or hes fanning on his backhand and not getting it up shelf like it needs to be. Why he doesn't either shoot right away or forehand backhand forehand again is beyond me.

Every goalie and coach knows what move is coming. Every vancouver fan knows whats coming.

Archived