The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who gets demoted?

Edler's Mind Tricks

Decision time  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Higgins, Hansen or Schroeder?

If it is one of the first two, they will be placed on the fourth line. If it is Schroeder, off to the wolves for him!

Who deserves to be demoted? Realistically none of them but maybe some less than others.

Higgins has 6 points (3,3), and is +1 with 26 hits and 23 shots in 13 games.

Hansen has 7 (3,4), is +5, 13 hits and 33 shots in 13 games.

Schroeder has 4 (2,2), is +3, 5 hits 15 shots in 11 games.

What would be best for the Canucks?

Higgins and Hansen both play a good two way game. They are fast and can hit and both have a bit of offensive talent. Scroeder is more of a speedy playmaker with a pretty good shot. He is by no means a liability in his own end but doesn't dominate by any means.

I think it's going to be Jannik Hansen since he's played with Maxim Lapierre quite a bit in the last 2.5 seasons. Alain Vigneault likes his pairs..

Sedin - Sedin - ???

Higgins - Kesler - ???

Raymond - Schroeder - ???

??? - Lapierre - Hansen

Insert as you wish.

I don't think anyone right now. I see Booth starting on the 4th line to work himself in.

If anything, I see Kassian getting demoted. He made some bad defensive plays against Dallas, and AV won't tolerate that for too long.

Hansen and Higgins have played their roles effectively: Physical, energy players who chip in with offense. Schroeder has fit in very well also.

I wouldn't put JS as an option just because I don't want Ebbett anywhere near the ice. JS has pretty much locked himself on our 3C spot, unless we get a center via trade.

My lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Hansen

Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian

Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti/Weise

I've always though Kesler and Hansen work very well together.. both hard workers who have great speed and a great shot. Kassian adds some much needed size and grit to that 3rd line. Higgs and Lapps have been great together, we have the luxury to balance and roll all four lines.

Archived