The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who gets demoted?

Edler's Mind Tricks

Decision time  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People keep forgetting that, although I don't want this to happen, the chances of a forward getting injured is always there. This seems to happen more times than not to AV in the last few years to make these decision easier. Let's just hope it's not any of our core forwards that go down. Otherwise, S.S. Mullet has it right. Volpatti and Weise will battle it out to see who will stick in the line-up if there are no further injuries.

It would be a mistake to put Kassian on the 4th line. One of his great virtues is that he is a big, strong, tough physical player with enough skill to play top 6 -- keeping the other teams honest.

Of course he could play on the 4th and do spot duty on the other lines when toughness is needed, but it is hard to get in a rhythm that way.

Right now it is far from obvious that Booth is more valuable than Higgins, Kassian, or Hansen. (And he cannot play centre, so he is not going to replace Schroeder, as others have pointed out.)

I say Booth starts on the 4th line with some spot shifts further up in the order until he shows he belongs to go back the second line with Kesler. At that time, it is just a matter of who is hot (or cold) among Higgins, Hanson, Raymond, and Kassian. I am guessing that Booth will eventually move to the second line and Higgins will move to the 4th in place of Volpatti.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Hansen

Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Weise

This is my line up for the Hawks game if Booth comes back. If not then:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Volpatti - Lapierre - Weise

I think you'll see something along the lines of:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - A. Burrows

C. Higgins - R. Kesler - J. Hansen

D. Booth - J. Schroeder - M. Raymond

A. Volpatti - M. Lapierre - Z. Kassian/D. Weise

I don't think you can use Schroeder in a checking role, so I think Kesler's line is going to be out against the top line of the opposing team and Schroeder's line will be our secondary scoring line.

I think Kassian may get bumped down to Chicago and called up in case of injury. Don't really see much point keeping him up for 4th line duty, especially since PP time is going to be difficult to give him.

Another option would be putting Kassian back w/ the Twins and Burrows w/ Kesler, but then that leaves Hansen/MayRay/Higgins/Booth on the 4th line.

Our forward group is too damned deep w/ Kesler and Booth back :lol:

i wouldn't think of it in terms of demotion, but more so about chemistry, so I would put Higgins to the 4th line to play with Lapierre. Both of them play well with each other, are tenacious forecheckers, have good speed, and played well in the 2011 playoffs. Here are my lines when Booth returns:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows*

Booth - Kesler - Kassian*

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Volpatti/Weise**

* Burrows and Kassian are interchangeable depending on needs

** depending on if we need more toughness or speed

Archived