Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Who gets demoted?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Decision time (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should be demoted?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Who will be demoted?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Hansen
Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian
Higgins - Lapierre - Weise

This is my line up for the Hawks game if Booth comes back. If not then:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen
Volpatti - Lapierre - Weise

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#32 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

I think you'll see something along the lines of:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - A. Burrows
C. Higgins - R. Kesler - J. Hansen
D. Booth - J. Schroeder - M. Raymond
A. Volpatti - M. Lapierre - Z. Kassian/D. Weise

I don't think you can use Schroeder in a checking role, so I think Kesler's line is going to be out against the top line of the opposing team and Schroeder's line will be our secondary scoring line.

I think Kassian may get bumped down to Chicago and called up in case of injury. Don't really see much point keeping him up for 4th line duty, especially since PP time is going to be difficult to give him.

Another option would be putting Kassian back w/ the Twins and Burrows w/ Kesler, but then that leaves Hansen/MayRay/Higgins/Booth on the 4th line.

Our forward group is too damned deep w/ Kesler and Booth back :lol:

Edited by n00bxQb, 17 February 2013 - 11:33 PM.

#33 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

I see Patty and Weise sharing the remainder of the season, with Weise likely getting the nod in the playoffs.

#34 IMyMeMine

IMyMeMine

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

i wouldn't think of it in terms of demotion, but more so about chemistry, so I would put Higgins to the 4th line to play with Lapierre. Both of them play well with each other, are tenacious forecheckers, have good speed, and played well in the 2011 playoffs. Here are my lines when Booth returns:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows*
Booth - Kesler - Kassian*
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Volpatti/Weise**

* Burrows and Kassian are interchangeable depending on needs
** depending on if we need more toughness or speed

Edited by IMyMeMine, 17 February 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.