The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - Tor

There is a lot of talk of how the Canucks have a weak right side defence. Toronto has a supply of right siders. Komisarek, Phaneuf, Kostka, Holzer and Franson are all right side players.

Straight up, Edler for Franson.

Franson would be good for canucks as he played for Nashville and has learned to play in a very defensive system. His success with the leafs also show that he is able to play a solid game with hardly a defensive system in place. He plays a physical game and is used on the third pairing but is quarter backing the first power play unit.

He's also a BC boy

With the emergence of the Ballard Tanev line taking a risk on a player like this is feasible.

Lines

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Franson

Ballard - Tanev

There is a lot of talk of how the Canucks have a weak right side defence. Toronto has a supply of right siders. Komisarek, Phaneuf, Kostka, Holzer and Franson are all right side players.

Straight up, Edler for Franson.

Franson would be good for canucks as he played for Nashville and has learned to play in a very defensive system. His success with the leafs also show that he is able to play a solid game with hardly a defensive system in place. He plays a physical game and is used on the third pairing but is quarter backing the first power play unit.

He's also a BC boy

With the emergence of the Ballard Tanev line taking a risk on a player like this is feasible.

Lines

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Franson

Ballard - Tanev

He actually has more hits than Edler, has a plus 8 while his partner has a plus 11, is having his TOI increased slowly game by game. He is a player that is on the rise and in my opinion being under utilized. Also with the cap coming down next year this allows more funds to be spent as the cap hit would go from Edlers 5 mil to whatever Franson signs for, he will be an RFA but i could see it being in the 3 mil range.

There is also the fact that Edler is a likely candidate to be traded because his value is high and the doesn't have a NTC. This could then make room for that elusive #1 dman coming our way in a trade involving one of the goalies and possibly ballard

Franson would be a nice addition to next year's team assuming Ballard becomes a cap casualty. But Edler will not be traded unless it's part of a package for a better player, such as Weber. And I don't see why Toronto would want to trade Franson anyhow. I understand he's fit in well this year (12 GP, 8 points, + 8).

It is very interesting that in most threads discussing what is wrong with the Canucks Edler's name is now one of the most common for someone who is messing up, yet a trade proposal with his name and people say he is our #1 defencemen. The reality is this though, Edler has back problems, but he puts up points, he also hits but is caught out of position quite often, he has bad aim and is predictable on the PP. He isn't our Noris trophy candidate, I would give that credit to Hamhuis as better defensively and is putting up more and more points each year.

I get the point though, Edler is an over payment for Franson when Straight up so why not get a pick or prospect out of it as well, a second rounder could be an option

He actually has more hits than Edler, has a plus 8 while his partner has a plus 11, is having his TOI increased slowly game by game. He is a player that is on the rise and in my opinion being under utilized. Also with the cap coming down next year this allows more funds to be spent as the cap hit would go from Edlers 5 mil to whatever Franson signs for, he will be an RFA but i could see it being in the 3 mil range.

There is also the fact that Edler is a likely candidate to be traded because his value is high and the doesn't have a NTC. This could then make room for that elusive #1 dman coming our way in a trade involving one of the goalies and possibly ballard

Archived