The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

auto racing/motorsport 2013

aeromotacanucks

I didn´t see any thing about motorsport here. but I believe some of us like the sound of a cool engine and cool races...

the Formula-1 season will start next month, NASCAR also will start soon and INDY Car Series is coming on. What we should hope this year?

in Formula-1:

Vettel is the guy or just a normal driver inside a good car?

Alonso will cry again because people don´t let him pass?

Ferrari will suck again? (YES!)

Mclaren and Perez. good choice or waste of time?

Hamilton on Mercedes. too good driver or terrible car?

more competitive races than last year?

the changes in 2014 rules. a new era is coming?

NASCAR:

more races? more "big ones"? Jeff Gordon will do something relevant?

INDY Car:

Helio Castroneves will win another INDY 500?

the race in São Paulo/Brazil (street course) will be with rain or with a lot of rain? and who´s gonna win? Will Power again?

Tony Kananaam and his team. they will improve or what?

The race in China will happen or not?

start your engines!

Great thread idea unfortunately this is not an auto racing market. Most people will come in here just to say how boring racing is and how it's not a real sport. :rolleyes:

Hoping Hamilton can win the F1 championship this year. Loved it when he won at Montreal last year!

Can't wait for Daytona 500! One of my fav races of the year. Hoping Junior can do some damage this season(in the standings, not on his car lol).

Curious to see if Frachitti will be racing in IRL this year. I know he just broke up with his wife so he might be on hiatus.

Great thread idea unfortunately this is not an auto racing market. Most people will come in here just to say how boring racing is and how it's not a real sport. :rolleyes:

Hoping Hamilton can win the F1 championship this year. Loved it when he won at Montreal last year!

Can't wait for Daytona 500! One of my fav races of the year. Hoping Junior can do some damage this season(in the standings, not on his car lol).

Curious to see if Frachitti will be racing in IRL this year. I know he just broke up with his wife so he might be on hiatus.

Hamilton did a bad choice on my opinion. Mercedes didn´t developed a fantastic car last year and will not make miracles in 2013. maybe in 2014 with the new V6 Turbo engines and a strong well made Germany engine they will do something but Red Bull is always strong, McLaren also good with Button driving very well, Ferrari sucks all the time :)

Vettel is a great driver on the best team, its his title to lose once again. Alonso I feel is a better driver, but Ferrari hasn't been able to put out a car to match, though early reports are that they have been impressive in testing, would love to see a big duel between the 2 all year.

I'm also hoping that the upcoming merger for ALMS and Grand am can hopefully help grow endurance racing in north america, I remember going to Portland international raceway when I was in about grade 7 or 8 and immediately falling in love with the power of the cars, especially the Aston's

Vettel is a great driver on the best team, its his title to lose once again. Alonso I feel is a better driver, but Ferrari hasn't been able to put out a car to match, though early reports are that they have been impressive in testing, would love to see a big duel between the 2 all year.

I'm also hoping that the upcoming merger for ALMS and Grand am can hopefully help grow endurance racing in north america, I remember going to Portland international raceway when I was in about grade 7 or 8 and immediately falling in love with the power of the cars, especially the Aston's

Ferrari is by far my favourite F1 team, but by God, their drivers... Alonso is the only one capable of winning as Massa just keeps getting smoked.

Massa hasn't been the same since his injury

Ferrari has always the 1st and the 2dn driver. the 1st driver do what he wants and Ferrari will obey, the 2nd will always serve the 1st driver. this is why Ferrari is always losing races because their drivers can´t have an equal chance to win. Red Bull and McLaren do this and both drivers are good and fighting for wins...

Ferrari has always the 1st and the 2dn driver. the 1st driver do what he wants and Ferrari will obey, the 2nd will always serve the 1st driver. this is why Ferrari is always losing races because their drivers can´t have an equal chance to win. Red Bull and McLaren do this and both drivers are good and fighting for wins...

I know that but Massa still has not had the same speed as before. However I have to disagree that Red bull gives both drivers the same car, they put a lot more work and the new tech in Vettel's car before they would for Webber. Its just that their cars have been so good these past few years that its hard to tell. Mclaren is the only team(in motorsport) I know of that keeps to the even car mentality and not having a number 1 driver

I know that but Massa still has not had the same speed as before. However I have to disagree that Red bull gives both drivers the same car, they put a lot more work and the new tech in Vettel's car before they would for Webber. Its just that their cars have been so good these past few years that its hard to tell. Mclaren is the only team(in motorsport) I know of that keeps to the even car mentality and not having a number 1 driver

yeah. but the big question in McLaren will be if Perez is really good with presure and with Button on the team. Because McLaren´s pressure is intense. Ron Dennis is like an angry boss. you have your chance to fight with the other driver. but if you don´t get good results bye bye!

yeah. but the big question in McLaren will be if Perez is really good with presure and with Button on the team. Because McLaren´s pressure is intense. Ron Dennis is like an angry boss. you have your chance to fight with the other driver. but if you don´t get good results bye bye!

I agree, a lot of pressure on Perez to prove he can bring it every race

dirt race is awesome :)

I know NASCAR will race on a dirt oval this year right? TRUCK SERIES If I´m not wrong...

Danica Patrick will start in 1st in DAYTONA 500. but it doesn´t mean anything. it just mean that woman can´t drive between the other cars without crash them all. I still think Keselowski will win Dantona 500...

in Formula-1 pre-season tests (in Spain) the obvious is happening:

Maclaren and Red Bull doing something good...

Ferrari sucking as always...

I'd hardly say 3rd is sucking, what did the prancing horse do to piss you off so much?

historic reason. how many Brazilians won F1 championships on:McLaren: 2 (Ayrton Senna and Emerson Fittipaldi)Brabham: 1 (Nelson Piquet)and how many second places Brazilian have in F1?McLaren: 0Ferrari: 2 (Barrichelo and Massa, many and many times...)so. if a Brazilian want to be a champion he must race for McLaren :)and also because I have to be against one on this thing (Formula-1) :)

historic reason. how many Brazilians won F1 championships on:McLaren: 2 (Ayrton Senna and Emerson Fittipaldi)Brabham: 1 (Nelson Piquet)and how many second places Brazilian have in F1?McLaren: 0Ferrari: 2 (Barrichelo and Massa, many and many times...)so. if a Brazilian want to be a champion he must race for McLaren :)and also because I have to be against one on this thing (Formula-1) :)

Schumacher is one of the greatest drivers of all time, you can't blame them for supporting him more than Barrichelo during his time. Also, its not like they were forced to drive for Ferrari, they chose them even while they knew it may lead to them being the second driver on the team. 08 was the only year Massa finished 2nd anyway.

That all being said I understand supporting drivers from your own country

Schumacher is one of the greatest drivers of all time, you can't blame them for supporting him more than Barrichelo during his time. Also, its not like they were forced to drive for Ferrari, they chose them even while they knew it may lead to them being the second driver on the team. 08 was the only year Massa finished 2nd anyway.

That all being said I understand supporting drivers from your own country

I didn´t say Schumacher sucks. But Barrichelo and Massa are wussies who can´t fight the "1st driver" in Ferrari or go to another team. for them it´s better be a "2nd driver" earning millions than fight for your own place on a team like McLaren and deal with pressure. Barrichelo received an invitation from McLaren but he refused. maybe if he had balls to say "screw you Ferrari" and tried fight equaly with Hamilton in McLaren he would be a champion...Senna and Fittipaldi did it in McLaren...

I didn´t say Schumacher sucks. But Barrichelo and Massa are wussies who can´t fight the "1st driver" in Ferrari or go to another team. for them it´s better be a "2nd driver" earning millions than fight for your own place on a team like McLaren and deal with pressure. Barrichelo received an invitation from McLaren but he refused. maybe if he had balls to say "screw you Ferrari" and tried fight equaly with Hamilton in McLaren he would be a champion...Senna and Fittipaldi did it in McLaren...

Senna and Fitipaldi are legends in racing though, Massa is great but I can't say he would've won with Mclaren with only 1 real title challenge to his name

Pretty awful crash on the final lap on the Nationwide race at Daytona. A bunch of debris went into the grandstand, including tire and suspension assembly. At last report, 2 of the 14 fans taken to hospital are in critical condition...1 of them is a minor. All the drivers are ok.

Thoughts are with the injured and their families.

Not sure how long this vid will stay up but oh my god....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mDiKZi3j-K8

Pretty awful crash on the final lap on the Nationwide race at Daytona. A bunch of debris went into the grandstand, including tire and suspension assembly. At last report, 2 of the 14 fans taken to hospital are in critical condition...1 of them is a minor. All the drivers are ok.

Thoughts are with the injured and their families.

Not sure how long this vid will stay up but oh my god....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mDiKZi3j-K8

why this always happen on Nationwide series? like, a huge crash with somebody injured?

Archived