The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

auto racing/motorsport 2013

aeromotacanucks

why this always happen on Nationwide series? like, a huge crash with somebody injured?

The big one routinely happens in Sprint Cup as well, Daytona & Taladega they have the restrictor plate to slow the cars, the result is the cars can't get away from each other, you have 30 cars packs inches away from each other, one slip from anyone and you have a 20+ car pileup at 200 MPH

• 2 weeks later...

Ferrari has had the clear 1 - 2 positions for their drivers since Michael Schumacher came in and was teamed up with a good #2 driver in Eddie Irvine. The tradition was continued with Rubens Barrichello. I don't know why he signed with them in the first place, as it was obvious he would never get a chance.

Felipe was brought in to be mentored a bit by Shumi and take over as the champ was winding down. When Kimi Räikkönen and Felipe Massa were there, they pretty much had an open shot at being #1, but Kimi obviously took Felipe to the cleaners back then. As soon as Fernando 'Santander' Alonso came in, the old strategy was put into practice again. And Felipe can't even argue about it as his driving has been very poor for years now. Surprising they haven't sacked him yet.

No-one mentioned Kimi yet, so I will. If his car is half as good as it was last year, he'll be in on the championship contending list.

Vettel has been superb for years now, but a big thanks goes out to his car. I know Webber had the same car to use, but he fits the mold of Irvine/Barrichello to a tee. And he's a bit prone to overdriving as the pressure mounts...

To get you all acquainted with the Spoosh a bit, I'll tell you a little secret. I was a huge Damon Hill fan back in the day. Anyone know/remember him from the glory days of F1? Ok, this was a bit of useless info, but I had to get it out of my system.

Start your engines! Go Kimi Go!

Ferrari has had the clear 1 - 2 positions for their drivers since Michael Schumacher came in and was teamed up with a good #2 driver in Eddie Irvine. The tradition was continued with Rubens Barrichello. I don't know why he signed with them in the first place, as it was obvious he would never get a chance.

Felipe was brought in to be mentored a bit by Shumi and take over as the champ was winding down. When Kimi Räikkönen and Felipe Massa were there, they pretty much had an open shot at being #1, but Kimi obviously took Felipe to the cleaners back then. As soon as Fernando 'Santander' Alonso came in, the old strategy was put into practice again. And Felipe can't even argue about it  as his driving has been very poor for years now. Surprising they haven't sacked him yet.

No-one mentioned Kimi yet, so I will. If his car is half as good as it was last year, he'll be in on the championship contending list.

Vettel has been superb for years now, but a big thanks goes out to his car. I know Webber had the same car to use, but he fits the mold of Irvine/Barrichello to a tee. And he's a bit prone to overdriving as the pressure mounts...

To get you all acquainted with the Spoosh a bit, I'll tell you a little secret. I was a huge Damon Hill fan back in the day. Anyone know/remember him from the glory days of F1? Ok, this was a bit of useless info, but I had to get it out of my system.

Start your engines! Go Kimi Go!

Kimi is always a guy to beat. he and his style "I don´t care about anything" is amazing. and if Lotus has a good car this year I´m sure the "Ice man" will win more races..."yeah yeah yeah I´m doing this all the time you don´t have to remind me every second..." LOL!

Kimi is always a guy to beat. he and his style "I don´t care about anything" is amazing. and if Lotus has a good car this year I´m sure the "Ice man" will win more races..."yeah yeah yeah I´m doing this all the time you don´t have to remind me every second..." LOL!

I think he's got the best personality in F1 because of how relaxed, honest and well "Finnish" about it. A lot like Hakkinen how he answers every question as simply as possible. I think he's a top 3 driver in F1 with Alonso and Vettel, but his car will be the factor holding him back.

I´m asking myself how it would be if Kimi Räikkönen was the coach of the Canucks...

since Kimi doesn´t talk to much and doesn´t care about anybody would be pretty easy for him.

basic instructions made by Kimi:

-You know where is the goal and I´m supposing what you have to do to make me happy...

-if you guys score a lot I will drink more vodka, so what you are waiting?

-Luongo knows what he has to do. nuff said...

-I hate talk with the press, they ask too much about things they know the answers...

-I´m angry when people ask me too much. I like 3 things, hot girls, vodka and ignore everybody...

I was just thinking about last year in the NASCAR nationwide series, the race in Montreal. Jacques Villenvue beats, bangs, and wrecks his way to the lead. Then some one nudges him out of the way for the win and ole Jacques cries and whines like a little girl. Haha too bad they removed Montreal from the schedule this year. That is a fun road course.

I was just thinking about last year in the NASCAR nationwide series, the race in Montreal. Jacques Villenvue beats, bangs, and wrecks his way to the lead. Then some one nudges him out of the way for the win and ole Jacques cries and whines like a little girl. Haha too bad they removed Montreal from the schedule this year. That is a fun road course.

NASCAR will not race in Montreal this year? man. that´s sad :(

I am for all intensive purposes a SPEED FREAK. I have been watching F1 and FIA Rally since I could drool and I get drunk of engine revs and tires screaming for mercy. Moto GP and the AMA Superbike Series are like crack to me as well lol. I literally watch all forms of racing except for Nascar.....but i have found a new love over the past few years and it is this ...

http://www.youtube.com/user/lucasoiloffroad

Kimi won the 1st race in Australia. he´s a good driver. but things will be diferent on the next GP...

He's a great driver, won an F1 championship and was a perennial contender otherwise. I have him in the top 3 with Vettel and Alonso, Hamilton 4th.

If his car can stay competitive race to race, his consistency (12 straight races scoring a point I believe) could be deadly this year.

Vettel won in Malaysia but Webber is pissed off...

Hamilton was the 3rd but Rosbert is also pissed off...

Alonso did a stupid thing again...

Bianchi is doing a nice job in Marussia...

Hinchcliffe won in INDY series in St Petersburg, Simona Silvestro lost 3 places on the last lap...

That was a dick move by vettel, mercedes was in the same position but didn't fight between teammates because of the regulations on the limited number of gearboxes and engines you can use in a season, Webber has the right to be pissed

• 3 weeks later...

Alonso won in China. it´s amazing, he can start 10 positions behind Massa and still finish ahead of him...

Raikkonen 2nd and Championship leader. the "ICE" is coming!

Hamilton 3rd. terrible start but did some decent race...

Vettel didn´t race in China until the last pit-stop. then he raced for 6 laps...

nice strategy of Button

Hulkenberg. doing a great job with Sauber, this guy deserve more....

Perez. Maybe Mclaren did a wrong choice...

Massa. no comments...

Alonso won in China. it´s amazing, he can start 10 positions behind Massa and still finish ahead of him...

Raikkonen 2nd and Championship leader. the "ICE" is coming!

Hamilton 3rd. terrible start but did some decent race...

Vettel didn´t race in China until the last pit-stop. then he raced for 6 laps...

nice strategy of Button

Hulkenberg. doing a great job with Sauber, this guy deserve more....

Perez. Maybe Mclaren did a wrong choice...

Massa. no comments...

Alonso started 3nd and took the lead quickly from Hamilton after Kimi had a terrible start, but yeah he was way faster than Massa during the race. Kimi is 2nd in the championship, 3 points behind Vettel

Ricardo and Hulkenberg had impressive races with the cars they have.

Webber had terrible luck all weekend, and even worse timing given everything that happened last round

Barhein Grand Prix...

VETTEL:

it´s a good driver but only when he has no challenge...

RAIKKONEN:

quietly the "ice man" is on 2nd place on this championship. I will not be surprised if Kimi win this thing...

GROSJEAN:

amazing how he didn´t destroy/crash everybody on the 1st lap and more amazing is that he finished 3rd...

FORCE INDIA TEAM:

a nice surprise, it´s a team that it´s improving race after race...

MCLAREN TEAM:

that´s how team mates should be, fight for your own race without interference. as soon as they improve this car the team will do a great season...

PEREZ:

FINALLY! the Mexican did a good race fighting for real. LOVED when he passed Alonso...

BUTON:

nice fight against Perez, for the 1st time I saw Button angry. well, happens...

ROSBERG:

sorry princess, the car may be good on qualify but it´s terrible on race conditions, and you can´t deal with pressure...

HAMILTON:

was he racing today?

ALONSO:

fought for something at the begining then he had a wierd problem on this car (DRS?) and his race was over...

FELIPE MASSA:

WTF IS GOING ON WITH YOU DUDE!? how can you blown the same tire TWICE on a single race? 4 stops, wing damage, being overtaken by Maldonado? finished in 14th? really?

Archived