The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

auto racing/motorsport 2013

aeromotacanucks

lol and proves that I haven't really watched much F1 lately. Sounds like it was a good season though....Vettel the new Schumacher??

I thought it was good until the summer break. Vettel was undefeated after it, a time when teams are supposed to not be working on their cars. As impressive as the combo of Horner, Newey, Red Bull and Vettel was overall, every race came down to a fight for second.

Schumacher comparison is pretty spot on, its the mix of the best team (aka biggest budget) with the perfect driver for the car. Vettel is perfect for the modern F1 where he can multitask so much in the car. Look at a F1 steering wheel, and its as complicated as a jetliner cockpit, all in one place. Vettel controls all of that and still has mental computing power to be able to manage his tires in a year where they were always on the edge of failing, as well as keeping track of 2nd and 3rd's strategy.

I'd love to see him be genuinely challenged next year to see how he deals with a true battle, like the years of Senna v Prost and Hunt v Lauda. for now he has an asterisk because his car is so much better than any other

wierd race in São Paulo (means "Saint Paul" in portuguese)...

as always the weather is "unique" (confusing) this season (spring) in São Paulo, the "Fog land" as called by Brazilians but is becoming the "rain land" or the "Brazilian coruscant" since the city has 15 million of people living there in the middle of huge traffic jams and huge pollution, it rains a lot and the weather changes a lot...

Vettel won. woa! anything new? not. he´s the new Schumacher? who knows?

nice last race of Webber, said "goodbye" with dignity...

also Massa said "goodbye" to Ferrari on the right way (not crying). will race for Williams next year, 2014 season will be fun...

Interlagos is a really nice track, a track for real drivers...

Archived