The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

auto racing/motorsport 2013

aeromotacanucks

3154345.jpg

Denny Hamlin and the Joe Gibbs Racing team paid tribute to LEFturn by using the scheme that Jason Leffler himself used when he drove the 11 car in 2005.

As for the race at Michigan, Greg Biffle got the win after Jimmie Johnson brushed the wall while running 2nd (and was running down Biffle) with three laps left.

3154345.jpg

Denny Hamlin and the Joe Gibbs Racing team paid tribute to LEFturn by using the scheme that Jason Leffler himself used when he drove the 11 car in 2005.

As for the race at Michigan, Greg Biffle got the win after Jimmie Johnson brushed the wall while running 2nd (and was running down Biffle) with three laps left.

nice scheme. simple and clean. Jeff Gordon should change his car scheme, I don´t like the number 24 :)

Tragic to hear of Simonson's fatal crash at Le Mans, just got back home to hear of the news. Apparently his family requested that the rest of the team continue racing

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/le-mans-simonsen-killed-in-early-race-accident/

A GTE-Am car(same class as Simonson) caused a huge crash last year that left one of the Audi R18 e-tron's in a million pieces at 180mph

IMO, the class can't continue to run in Le Mans, the speed is too high with steel barriers too close to the track, for inexperienced drivers to be running in the most demanding race in motorsport

there should be some special requirements for drivers run on some races like Le Mans...

like, you should have some experience on some sort of cars or types of championships before.

Le Mans Series (including the AMLS) are tought. long races with fast cars, not good for rookies...

there should be some special requirements for drivers run on some races like Le Mans...

like, you should have some experience on some sort of cars or types of championships before.

Le Mans Series (including the AMLS) are tought. long races with fast cars, not good for rookies...

The drivers aren't completely unproven, but its nowhere near the level they need to be.

England GP:

Rosberg:

Only won because Hamilton had a tire problem (like the 6 other cars on the race) and Vettel didn´t drink enought Red Bull...

Webber:

started 15th, finished at 2nd. not bad for a guy that will race on WEC next year...

Alonso:

he got a good result while Spain in soccer lost. wierd hein?

Hamilton:

was nice and shinny untill the tire desintegration, after that did a reasonable race...

McLaren Team:

time to focus on 2014 championship. this one is lost...

Felipe Maffa (Felipe Massa):

terrible race, time to do something. he crashs on friday, got an "outstanding" 14th at starting and after everybody in front of him had problems with tires of pit-stop he can´t overtake a Force India...

Next race: Germany!

The racing weekend in a nutshell:

Jimmie Johnson gets the season sweep at Daytona (first time since Bobby Allison in 1982), and Scott Dixon leads a 1-2-3 sweep of the podium at IndyCar race at Pocono (first IndyCar race a Pocono since 1989).

Re Johnson: a lot of Kasey Kahne fans I know weren't happy about JJ pinballing Marcos Ambrose into Kahne's car, and sending Kahne hard into the inside wall.

I've been a NASCAR fan for almost 20 years, and there is no driver I resent more than Jimmie Johnson.

Jimmie Johnson gets the season sweep at Daytona (first time since Bobby Allison in 1982), and Scott Dixon leads a 1-2-3 sweep of the podium at IndyCar race at Pocono (first IndyCar race a Pocono since 1989).

Re Johnson: a lot of Kasey Kahne fans I know weren't happy about JJ pinballing Marcos Ambrose into Kahne's car, and sending Kahne hard into the inside wall.

I've been a NASCAR fan for almost 20 years, and there is no driver I resent more than Jimmie Johnson.

When I first saw that, I thought "what a jerk move by Ambrose" but then they showed the front replay and you could definitely tell Jimmie forced Ambrose into Kahne. Should have been a black flag, IMO. Lucky no one got hurt on that.

On a side note, I sure do love the Saturday night races! I wish there were more of them in all the circuits.

you know what I have a bone to pick with nascar. why is it just Okay for them to make up rules on a weekly basis? im a Newman fan so this does not benefit me at all. but why the hell was the caution not thrown on the g.w.c.? it could have been thrown 2 times! I understand that the leaders were safe. the wreck was in turn 2 but who are they to play god here? this is one of the most dangerous major sports of all time. drivers risk their lives every day and nascar forced these drivers to COMPETE through a wreck at 200 mph. its completely absurd to not throw the yellow there. what is the point on not racing back to the yellow anymore? it was deemed too dangerous correct? so now they waive the yellow and the field os frozen. except if its a close race. then we need to fill the stands so have at er boys... kill yourselves.

im a racing fan... its in my blood.

NASCAR in a league view is incredibly corrupt biased and unorganized.

and on a final note restrictor plate racing is retarded and should be removed.

I think NASCAR have too many rules about yellow flags. they should create a simple rule for this, sometimes just because a car blew the engine outside the tarmac (grass, pitstop) there´s a yellow flag, but on the last lap if somebody crash nothing happens, and sometimes there´s a yellow flag...

in Formula-1 the rule is simple...

about Formula-1. Vettel won again, Kimi is getting close, Alonso sucks, McLaren forget this year and focus on the 2014 season, Button is good and Perez is surprising with his agressive style...

and Felipe Maffa (Felipe Massa) is becoming that "crash test dolls" because he´s finding new ways to destroy a Ferrari every race, sometimes he flats the tire, sometimes he brakes the suspension, sometimes he brakes the engine and gearbox and sometimes he does everything at once...

Indycar in Toronto starting now (in UK don't know if it's recorded though)

2 Canadian drivers and a Scot............Go Dario Franchitti! He has not been at his best recently, but like the Canucks he is often a slow starter.

Sauber F1 Team was sold to Russians companies and to a Russian Aviation Institute...

so for the 1st time in F1 a government research institute will support a F1 team to develop and sell Russian made tecnology to the western countries.

but maybe Hukenberg will leave in order to some Russian driver...

in 2014 there will be a race in Sochi, now Russians buy a F1 team, mr Putin is more popular than Barack Obama...

the world is becoming Russian?

Hinch didn't do so hot in Toronto, especially during the second race on Sunday.

And how about Brian Vickers, in a part-time role for Michael Waltrip Racing, getting his first Sprint Cup win in nearly four years at New Hampshire? I've always though of Vickers as a very underrated driver that just needs a full-time ride, even after overcoming blood clots that caused him to sit out most of the 2010 season.

Just finished watchting the documentary Senna....very well done. It was hard not to get emotional. He was so freaking talented. And by all accounts such a great guy as well. Wish we could have seen him finish his career and retire but dying while doing something you love certainly wouldn't be the worst way to go.

Just finished watchting the documentary Senna....very well done. It was hard not to get emotional. He was so freaking talented. And by all accounts such a great guy as well. Wish we could have seen him finish his career and retire but dying while doing something you love certainly wouldn't be the worst way to go.

Its my favorite movie, wish I could've seen him race but I was too young. He raced the right way: hard, wheel to wheel but will still care about you after the race, and despised the politics that unfortunately rule the sport

Archived