The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Confused about Religion and what this means?

yawn.3x

Ok so i didn't read the entire thing but let me point something out. It says in the bible that you should deal with paranormal and the dead. Leave the dead dead as they are separated from the living for a reason. Now of course this isn't exactly what it says and i can't remember what verse it was but that could be part of his reaction.

Edit:

I found some verses such as

Leviticus 19:31 Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord you God.

Leviticus 20:27 Men and women among you who act as mediums or psychics must be put to death by stoning. They are guilty of a capital offense.

1 Chronicles 10:13-14 Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance, and did not inquire of the LORD. So the LORD put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.

Not sure if this answers what you are asking but it should help

Ok so i didn't read the entire thing but let me point something out. It says in the bible that you should deal with paranormal and the dead. Leave the dead dead as they are separated from the living for a reason. Now of course this isn't exactly what it says and i can't remember what verse it was but that could be part of his reaction.

Edit:

I found some verses such as

Leviticus 19:31 Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord you God.

Leviticus 20:27 Men and women among you who act as mediums or psychics must be put to death by stoning. They are guilty of a capital offense.

1 Chronicles 10:13-14 Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance, and did not inquire of the LORD. So the LORD put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.

Not sure if this answers what you are asking but it should help

Even if they strangely believe the bible isn't fiction, they should at least understand that horror film is, and not take it so seriously. Their inability to do so seems like it will become an imposition upon future discussions/endeavors, which is why I don't befriend the type of religious nuts that act like this.

i don't know man, to me it sounded like you and the guy are pretty tight friends despite differences of opinion. or if not tight friends, at least authentic friends.

and that's the problem with Christians generally, they come off as completely inauthentic (ie: hypocritical) and then try to make you feel crappy that you don't hold to the same standard that they do.

Sounds to me like your buddy is struggling to align his life with a standard that he believes is correct (albeit imperfectly, and perhaps baby-stepping towards "un-hypocritical-ness"?) but ISN'T turning into a total douchebag as it relates to you and your friendship.

At the same time, it seems like you're a good enough friend to cut him slack while he's trying to figure out what's right and wrong for himself (even if it doesn't make sense to you).

Sounds to me like your buddy is a better "Christian" than the Christians most people have experienced, and you're a better "heathen" than simply dismissing him outright because he's setting his life up a certain way.

Archived