The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]: We stink at Shootouts 3 - Blues 4

Ugli Fruit

I'd like to see Kassian with the Sedins again. He's kind of disappeared since he was taken off their line. And when Booth and Kesler get back into form, it would be nice to see the AM X line with Higgins reunited. Then the Raymond/ Shroeder/ Hansen is working well on the 3rd, so i wouldnt touch that, but then that leaves Burrows on the 4th, which would be weird. Maybe try it, or rotate Kassian & Burrows with the Sedins.

Good comeback and at least we got a point out of it! Nice to see Raymond and that third line still contributing. Even nicer to see our PP get back on point from both units. Lou really is not good at shootouts. Lou had the eye of the tiger in the shootout, unfortunately that was all he had, its like he had cement boots on and just watched the puck go five hole.

I'd like to see Kassian with the Sedins again. He's kind of disappeared since he was taken off their line. And when Booth and Kesler get back into form, it would be nice to see the AM X line with Higgins reunited. Then the Raymond/ Shroeder/ Hansen is working well on the 3rd, so i wouldnt touch that, but then that leaves Burrows on the 4th, which would be weird. Maybe try it, or rotate Kassian & Burrows with the Sedins.

You guys are a disgrace

I bet fans from other teams come in here and laugh thier faces off.

Luongo didn't have a good game along with Kassian and Edler, why is that so hard to admit and or forget about?

The rest of the team played awesome most of the game.

This is the St.Louis people, A wicked good team and we took it to them for 3/4 of the game. Killer instinct? What is this Super Nintendo? They where on their heals they are lucky to have a hot goalie.

Going threw the pages of nonsense actually made me sick, then the threads that pop up, wow!

This team Luongo vs Team Schneider is so pathetic on so many levels

Man are we ever a buncha losers.

You guys are a disgrace

I bet fans from other teams come in here and laugh thier faces off.

Luongo didn't have a good game along with Kassian and Edler, why is that so hard to admit and or forget about?

The rest of the team played awesome most of the game.

This is the St.Louis people, A wicked good team and we took it to them for 3/4 of the game. Killer instinct? What is this Super Nintendo? They where on their heals they are lucky to have a hot goalie.

Going threw the pages of nonsense actually made me sick, then the threads that pop up, wow!

This team Luongo vs Team Schneider is so pathetic on so many levels

Man are we ever a buncha losers.

If you begin to examine the shootout results for Luongo more closely his stats become far more telling than the overall 30-36 record suggest. I posted it once in the 'Luongo doesn't suck at shootouts' thread, but since it seems to be a common theme in this thread as well, I figure it deserves mentioning here again.

Vancouver's statistical breakdown in the shootouts where Luongo plays:

- 58 total shootout games

- 19 games where the Canucks scored 0 goals in the shootout.

- 21 games where the Canucks scored 1 goal in the shootout.

- 15 games where the Canucks scored 2 goals in the shootout.

- 2 games where the Canucks scored 3 goals in the shootout

- 1 game where the Canucks scored 4 goals in the shootout.

--------------------------------

Luongo's record when Vancouver doesn't score is obviously 0-19.

In the one goal games, he has a record of 11 - 10.

In the games where Vancouver scored 2 goals, he went 12-3.

He won every game where Vancouver scored 3 or 4 goals (record of 3-0). Removing the games where Vancouver fails to score, his record with the club in shootouts is actually 26-13. The shooters simply don't seem to be producing enough in front of him to win shootout games on a consistent basis.

If you begin to examine the shootout results for Luongo more closely his stats become far more telling than the overall 30-36 record suggest. I posted it once in the 'Luongo doesn't suck at shootouts' thread, but since it seems to be a common theme in this thread as well, I figure it deserves mentioning here again.

Vancouver's statistical breakdown in the shootouts where Luongo plays:

- 58 total shootout games

- 19 games where the Canucks scored 0 goals in the shootout.

- 21 games where the Canucks scored 1 goal in the shootout.

- 15 games where the Canucks scored 2 goals in the shootout.

- 2 games where the Canucks scored 3 goals in the shootout

- 1 game where the Canucks scored 4 goals in the shootout.

--------------------------------

Luongo's record when Vancouver doesn't score is obviously 0-19.

In the one goal games, he has a record of 11 - 10.

In the games where Vancouver scored 2 goals, he went 12-3.

He won every game where Vancouver scored 3 or 4 goals (record of 3-0). Removing the games where Vancouver fails to score, his record with the club in shootouts is actually 26-13. The shooters simply don't seem to be producing enough in front of him to win shootout games on a consistent basis.

Archived