The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]: We stink at Shootouts 3 - Blues 4

Ugli Fruit

Luongo was great in his last shootout, and he's looked decent in all of them this year up til that point. Schneider got eaten up in the last one. Our problem has never really been goalies in the shoot out. Our shooters are streaky as crap. We're usually lucky to get a goal. We usually don't score at all.

So were burrows and kesler's shootout attempts. we were lucky we were even in it after 2 they were all over us and we only had 12 shots through 2. I guess the positive from this game is Luongo had his first bad game of the year but we still got a point out of it

Also, does anyone else agree that was possibly Edler's worst game as a Canuck? at least in a while? Don't know what was up with him tonight

I'll just point out that 3 goals against isn't that bad and none of the goals allowed were particularly bad. Our goalies have won so many games almost single handedly this year, time for the players to win a game for our goalies when they're not at their very best?

Luongo wasn't great in this game at all.. but we got a point out of it, I was expecting a loss to be honest. This team is pathetic at shootouts, nothing new here. Most AHL teams can probably beat us as it anyways, we have almost no one that can score in SOs, or are too slow and predictable.

On to the next game.

Comes back to coaching for me, Lu wasn't great. The goals he let in weren't as bad as the 2 Cory let in. But Cory made more big saves too, so I call it a wash honestly.

The shootout was the shootout because AV chose the wrong guys, and of course because Luongo just wasn't great in it. (Not trying to add more salt to the wound with that comment btw)

I just think we need a coaching change. We haven't been able to put together a full 60 minutes of hockey, and it is our downfall.

This team has thus-far feasted off non-playoff teams and failed against stiff competition (Something like 2-2-3 or 2-3-2 against non NW teams)

The refs weren't the problem. If anything was good it was our PP, but we need to quit relying on the goaltenders to have an A+ game every night and start putting together full 60 minutes efforts.

Didn't Luongo single handedly cost us this game too?

Just like Cory did yesterday? Or is there a double standard?

Archived