The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]: We stink at Shootouts 3 - Blues 4

Ugli Fruit

As a mathematichian and taking myself away from the game for one second or two the point is still crucial and it doesn't matter that we lost. However, we could win if Newell Brown was not the PP coach. We have great players that sometimes need to be told what to do or sat on the bench. Sedins mainly here and the defence. We should taylor make a PP that everyone gets.

The Power play is more about using the advantage then it is about displaying you're talent. Brown is an idiot. Getzlaf, Perry, and Kunitz, with Beuch, and Nieds is not that hard to coach now is it?

Shootouts past 3 years, we win if the goalie is perfect because our fowards suck at them, same story its all good. Sucked at shootouts last 2 years, won presidents trophy, so clearly they don't mean sh!t and they are not in the playoffs. Relax people about the shootouts.

pce

Just like Schneider last game.

I guess your the only one who doesn't find it alarming that blowing leads have become a re-occurring theme. And that we can't string together a complete 60 to save our lives.

Blowing leads and showing up flat as been an AV trademark.

Bingo, We have a winner.

Read my reply to Vintage, Bieksa pushed him. No excuses for playing 35-40 minutes of hockey when the game is a complete 60.

I'm not saying we need a 4th liner to go out and punch ppl in the head. I'm saying we need more size on out top 6. Sedins and Burr are all soft. There is no toughness on out 1st line. We've tried this recipe before and failed. We need a power forward for the Sedins to play with, Kassian is not ready yet except the odd shift. Kassian should be on 3rd or 4th line, Booth Kesler and a play maker on the 2nd would be good.

That and a Right shooting, big body, crease clearing Dman. Not a super star cause everyone wants one of those and it's highly unlikely we get one. I'm thinking someone like Grossman, Philly paid a 2nd rounder for him if I recall correctly.

Yes but we have seen Lu control them much better in the past.

We agree there would be a rebound, Luongo just wasn't sharp controlling that one, that's all.

Exactly.

These half efforts we continue to see all comes back to coaching. Unless our goaltenders are spectacular, we lose.

I am happy about the Sedins' level of play in this game. They were buzzing all game and getting chances on seemingly every shift against a very stingy Blues team. Marks for that. Also glad Hank got the monkey off his back and scored his 1st, even if it was just a pass into the net. :P

We've seen both goalies look ordinary the last two games. No reason to panic, but it sucks when you realize that elite goaltending from both Luongo and Schneider is potentially masking some serious team issues. Luongo in this one was exactly like Schneider in the last game; he made some good saves, but we've seen much better from him. His shootout performance tonight reminded all of us of the Luongo of old in the shootouts, unfortunately.

I'm one of the bigger fans of this team's defense core but I have to admit they struggled tonight against the Blues' relentless physicality and forecheck. The biggest issue I see with them, if tonight's game is any real indication, is that they lack poise when pressured by a quick, big team like the Blues. They start to get a bit jumpy and make bad decisions. This is where you can really see the value in big franchise defensemen like Chara and Weber, extremely smart defensemen like Lidstrom, or elite skating defensemen like Keith, Karlsson or Doughty. I'm still on the "Edler is a legitimate #1 defenseman" train, but I will acknowledge the gap between the tier that guys like Chara, Weber, Keith and Karlsson fall in and the secondary tier that Edler falls in.

Archived