#1 DhillonCanuck

DhillonCanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

POPULAR

Man how has this guy been playing great. It's amazing how great he's been for us. Can't wait to see him continue his great season.

Edited by DhillonCanuck, 17 February 2013 - 11:32 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Roflcawptur

Roflcawptur

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

I agree! Sadly I think we'll see him traded before the seasons out, along with Ballard :s

:canucks: Proud Canuck from Kansas City :canucks:

Bieksa.png

#3 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Would lead the Canucks in goals if it wasn't for the screwing he received vs the Stars.

#4 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Trade Booth if he doesn't perform and make Raymond a lock on that second line! He deserves it :)
Posted Image

#5 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Would lead the Canucks in goals if it wasn't for the screwing he received vs the Stars.

As much as I hate the rule, it was the right call.

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If a goalkeeper, in the act of establishing his position within his goal crease, initiates contact with an attacking player who is in the goal crease, and this results in an impairment of the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If, after any contact by a goalkeeper who is attempting to establish position in his goal crease, the attacking player does not immediately vacate his current position in the goal crease (i.e. give ground to the goalkeeper), and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed. In all such cases, whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a minor penalty for goalkeeper interference.

If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

For this purpose, a player “establishes a significant position within the crease” when, in the Referee’s judgment, his body, or a substantial portion thereof, is within the goal crease for more than an instantaneous period of time.

Just my opinion, if the contact isn't severe enough to warrant a penalty and doesn't impede the goaltender's ability to make a save (as was the case with Raymond's waved-off goal), it should be a good goal. Unfortunately, the NHL doesn't agree.

Meanwhile, we've seen Luongo get bowled over at least once every game without the player getting penalized (Backes, Toews, etc.). It's complete garbage ...

#6 IMyMeMine

IMyMeMine

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

It feels soooo goood that he's doing so well after all the hate he's gotten. I hope he continues playing this well.

#7 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

umm, no hes not. I was at that game, he looks lost out there. Yeah he scored. But hes not "back". I hope we dont sign him again next year really. He fell so many times. And why does he have to skate really fast, slam on the brakes and then pass?? Can he not skate and pass at the same time?? Hes the only one on the team that does it too! Then he falls! He works hard to get the puck only to lose it again.
Life is short, LIVE IT

#8 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

Trade Booth if he doesn't perform and make Raymond a lock on that second line! He deserves it :)

I'm not sure about that. I like Raymond and Schroeder playing together because Schroeder has great vision and playmaking. Kesler is not a good passer.

#9 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

And why does he have to skate really fast, slam on the brakes and then pass?? Can he not skate and pass at the same time?? the only one on the team that does it too!

I suppose he could pass it to the other teams defenseman.. but that just seems silly.

#10 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Highest scoring Canuck not including the 3 Swedes is pretty impressive. Also our most consistent scorer by a long shot - he's been scoring and producing all season long whereas Kassian and even the Sedins haven't been playing amazingly since game 1.

Right now he's on pace for a shade under 30 goals which is where everyone expected this kid to be. He deserves 2nd line minutes with Kesler and Booth without a doubt.

The Sedins and Kesler are obviously our best forwards but I would put Raymond as our best secondary scorer, if not part of our core now. He's even outscoring Burrows who has the luxury of the twins setting him up. We're lucky to have 3 great primary scorers, 3 fantastic secondary scorers (Burrows, Raymond and Booth) and now 3 great tertiary scorers (Hansen, Higgins, Schroeder).
Posted Image

#11 10Bure14Burrows

10Bure14Burrows

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Yes i agree , Raymond played along with kesler 2 season ago .
Forever Canuck !

#12 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

umm, no hes not. I was at that game, he looks lost out there. Yeah he scored. But hes not "back". I hope we dont sign him again next year really. He fell so many times. And why does he have to skate really fast, slam on the brakes and then pass?? Can he not skate and pass at the same time?? Hes the only one on the team that does it too! Then he falls! He works hard to get the puck only to lose it again.

Do you just focus on him when he is falling? If he is looking lost out there being our 2nd leading goal scorers, then what does that mean for the rest of our team?

Posted Image

#13 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Raymond has been earning his keep as of late, hopefully he keeps up the good work. Booth hasn't thus far, the injury was really a set back. If I see absolutely no chemistry this season between him and Kes, I'm all for keeping Raymond and trading Booth.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#14 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

POPULAR

The point of stopping then passing is to catch the defence backing up too quick. That will open up passing lanes that don't exist when the defender is staying on Raymond. When he stops, the defender continues to skate backward for a split second and loses position. This buys Raymond an extra second to make a pass.

The key is the element of surprise. It will stop being effective if he does it all the time.

Edited by Brad Marchand, 17 February 2013 - 11:57 PM.

Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#15 Youth_Movement

Youth_Movement

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

I agree! Sadly I think we'll see him traded before the seasons out, along with Ballard :s

your a moron. he is on a 1 year contract..... we arent trading him
CUP OR BUST!!!!!!

#16 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Highest scoring Canuck not including the 3 Swedes is pretty impressive. Also our most consistent scorer by a long shot - he's been scoring and producing all season long whereas Kassian and even the Sedins haven't been playing amazingly since game 1.

Right now he's on pace for a shade under 30 goals which is where everyone expected this kid to be. He deserves 2nd line minutes with Kesler and Booth without a doubt.

The Sedins and Kesler are obviously our best forwards but I would put Raymond as our best secondary scorer, if not part of our core now. He's even outscoring Burrows who has the luxury of the twins setting him up. We're lucky to have 3 great primary scorers, 3 fantastic secondary scorers (Burrows, Raymond and Booth) and now 3 great tertiary scorers (Hansen, Higgins, Schroeder).

I'd rather have Raymond on a separate line. I doubt he will be effective with two shooters on his line.

Posted Image

#17 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Raymond, Schroeder, and Hansen is an amazing third line in my opinion. The speed that line possesses, provides momentum and power plays. I'd like to keep it going, I think Raymond needs to play on a line were he's the main shooter.
Posted Image

#18 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,366 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Wondered why all of those Raymond and Ballard for a bag of pucks trade proposals stopped all of a sudden.

Subbancopy.jpg

#19 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Wondered why all of those Raymond and Ballard for a bag of pucks trade proposals stopped all of a sudden.

because raymond is outplaying alot of our fowards and ballard is outplaying most the D

the ballard hate has been unnecessary for a while now

Edited by cIutch, 18 February 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

I'm not sure about that. I like Raymond and Schroeder playing together because Schroeder has great vision and playmaking. Kesler is not a good passer.

Kesler is an amazing passer!

He just doesn't do it very often ...
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#21 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

You are seeing the game with somebody else's opinion - you are utterly and entirely blind to the play on the ice. Right now, he is our single most dominant player on the ice - the Sedins are a dual, so they don't count. In addition, he leads our team in PP goals (4), having twice as many as the next highest player - in a fraction of the time that the Sedins get. And that's with having two legit goals dis-allowed - or at least legit if the same standard was applied to the opposition that is applied to the Canucks.

#22 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

because raymond is outplaying alot of our fowards and ballard is outplaying most the D

the ballard hate has been unnecessary for a while now

Agreed, Ballard is one of our steadiest defencemen right now.

#23 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Single most dominate player on the ice? Really? I barely noticed him out there. Kesler is my least fav Canuck and I noticed him out there way more than Raymond. I dont know what games you guys are watching, but even people around me were commenting about how he works so hard to get the puck only to lose it. Its so frustrating. Yes he looks lost out there. He just circles around (and people watching the game on TV wouldnt notice it but when your 18 rows up centre ice, you tend to see the whole picture). Like I called the "back door goal" that Kesler scored on the PP about 3 seconds before the goal was scored, but he probably wasnt on the tv screen because he skated from the top of the circle. But back to Raymond, sure hes got 5 goals, so does Kassian. LOL. Hes not our best player. He still needs to work on his core strength. I still t hink its retarded how he skates , and stops to pass...and when he does it, he loses the puck....Raymond probably loses the puck more than anyone on the team. am sorry, I used to love Raymond.. when he had his ONE good year.
Life is short, LIVE IT

#24 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

Single most dominate player on the ice? Really? I barely noticed him out there. Kesler is my least fav Canuck and I noticed him out there way more than Raymond. I dont know what games you guys are watching, but even people around me were commenting about how he works so hard to get the puck only to lose it. Its so frustrating. Yes he looks lost out there. He just circles around (and people watching the game on TV wouldnt notice it but when your 18 rows up centre ice, you tend to see the whole picture). Like I called the "back door goal" that Kesler scored on the PP about 3 seconds before the goal was scored, but he probably wasnt on the tv screen because he skated from the top of the circle. But back to Raymond, sure hes got 5 goals, so does Kassian. LOL. Hes not our best player. He still needs to work on his core strength. I still t hink its retarded how he skates , and stops to pass...and when he does it, he loses the puck....Raymond probably loses the puck more than anyone on the team. am sorry, I used to love Raymond.. when he had his ONE good year.

who in the freaking hell said he was our best player

just giving props where props are due

and oh i remember my first beer
Posted Image

#25 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,008 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Do you just focus on him when he is falling? If he is looking lost out there being our 2nd leading goal scorers, then what does that mean for the rest of our team?

People here talk about AV and his doghouse. It's far tougher for a player to get out of the fans doghouse. Once in, no matter how well they play, all they'll see are the players mistakes, and exaggerate bad play.
Posted Image

#26 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

It feels so good to see him comeback from such a horrible low place, and to soar so high. Let this be the year of the MayRay! :towel:
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#27 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Now, EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND.
Posted Image

#28 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

Are u the same Dhillon who plays for Dallas? :frantic:

Man how has this guy been playing great. It's amazing how great he's been for us. Can't wait to see him continue his great season.

#29 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Raymond is a hockey NINJA!
Kevin.jpg

#30 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

Its MayRays time to be in the love in spotlight!!! Last week it was Luongo!! I wonder who is under the bus from CDC fans now? Kassian? Schneider? Edler?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.