9 replies to this topic

#1 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Was on twitter and people were retweeting this from him.

Feeling very blessed with all the love and support I've received. I am feeling a lot better. Thank you everyone!

Didn't know what it was about so I looked it up and here is what happened

There was a scary scene in Springfield, Mass. on Sunday as an AHL game was postponed after Springfield Falcons winger Wade McLeod suffered a seizure on the ice following a hit.
The bright side is that the team reports heís stable and alert at a nearby hospital.
The 26-year-old is in his third season with the Columbus Blue Jacketsí AHL affiliate. TSNís Bob McKenzie reports that his parents and girlfriend were at the game and traveled with him to the hospital.
Both teams agreed to move the game back. The incident happened during the second period of a contest between the Falcons and Adirondack Phantoms.

Scary incident and glad to see he will be ok. He is also a local boy from Coquitlam.
Posted Image

#2 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Whoaa
That's scary :wacko:
Posted Image

#3 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

Any disciplinary actions?

Posted Image

#4 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Any disciplinary actions?

I haven't seen a video yet but the description made it sound like an innocent hit. He kept skating for 30 seconds or so then headed to the bench, but went into the seizure before he got there.

#5 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

I noticed that game got suspended, so that's what happened.

#6 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

I haven't seen a video yet but the description made it sound like an innocent hit. He kept skating for 30 seconds or so then headed to the bench, but went into the seizure before he got there.

Well, i hope he recovers well and scores a hat trick!

Posted Image

#7 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

#8 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

yikes scary moment. i'm glad to hear he's ok. he is a fantastic young player, and i have been fortunate enough to see him play both for northeastern and springfield in person. you really notice it when he's on the ice. here's to a speedy recovery
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#9 MyNameIsTom

MyNameIsTom

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Wow. That just goes to show how hits that aren't even to the head can affect someone's brain. I hope he recovers fully and has a successful career.

#10 derr12

derr12

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Wow. That just goes to show how hits that aren't even to the head can affect someone's brain. I hope he recovers fully and has a successful career.

no it doesn't say anything like that. 5 bucks says he has Epilepsy and he was feeling odd hence the failed attempt to get to the bench. Epilepsy has some triggers, but doesnt need one to flare up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.