The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edler

L'Orange

Cheers.

Not sure why he is being so picked on right now (usually the weak minded point towards a new contract), he actually has flirted with inconsistency thruout his whole time here. But so does every single good d-man in their first handful of years in the NHL.

I reckon he will hit a good balance much sooner than later with his new back, and essentially playing out his training camp in games.

The well-respected Scott Cullen, in his early season awards, cited Eddy, as a "close/other consideration" for the Norris.

So far not impressed, LA last year was a nightmare for Edler , doesn't look like much has changed accept a new contract, 5 million a year for half ass effort, total defensive liability and a body check once every 5-7 games.

If he doesn't come strong this year you might as well package with him a goalie and get a worthy piece back.

Bieksa needs to start playing with some edge too.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Zdeno Chara

Duncan Keith

Drew Doughty

Ryan Suter

Shea Weber

Erik Karlsson

Kris Letang

Alex Pietrangelo

Mike Green

Those are basically the only 9 defensemen I would take over Alex Edler at the moment. Green is debatable, but I think he, like Edler, gets criminally underrated as a solid defensive defenseman. Victor Hedman is also fast entering this discussion. He's actually a lot like Edler but bigger and much better skater.

I knew a couple Edler loving clowns would be all over that statement lol.

The fact is dmen in this league are a dime a dozen who would put up huge points with the Sedins so that doesn't wash with me.

There should be a lot more to a top 4 minutes 5 million dman then Sedin aided point totals and Edler has been severely lacking in all the other departments.

With Edlers complete useless play all over the ice and as wimpy that he is he sure wouldn't be in my top 4 making 5 million on a cup contending team because he is a complete liability.

You guys are blind.

I didn't even see tonight's game but I can envision Edler's mistakes.

1. Fails to cover his man

2. Plays tag with him from behind the net to a perfect angle 10 feet from the goal

3. Let's him take his time to shoot

4. Looks shocked at the goal and ignores the "I want to tear your face off" look from Luongo

5. Waits until the next faceoff to unleash his awesomely momentum killing drop pass to a suprised fellow d-man

6. Plays a consistently predictable and inconsistent game

So glad to know that no NTC or NMC was signed. We are free to trade him at any time. That is a good thing.

Its like he's skating in concrete mix. He comes out from behind the net, seemingly towing an anchor, and either he just refuses to react, or doesn't even notice that he's being checked. Even his head moves around slow when he's looking for the puck, which ofcourse is between his skates.

I didn't even see tonight's game but I can envision Edler's mistakes.

1. Fails to cover his man

2. Plays tag with him from behind the net to a perfect angle 10 feet from the goal

3. Let's him take his time to shoot

4. Looks shocked at the goal and ignores the "I want to tear your face off" look from Luongo

5. Waits until the next faceoff to unleash his awesomely momentum killing drop pass to a suprised fellow d-man

6. Plays a consistently predictable and inconsistent game

So glad to know that no NTC or NMC was signed. We are free to trade him at any time. That is a good thing.

Archived