The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lets talk about Dan Hamhuis

Bertuzzipunch

This is not correct. Somebody did a big thing up last year showing how many points division leaders had gotten from their division. Percentage wise it was pretty close throughout the 6 divisions.

The idea that Vancouver is only good because of a weak division is a weak argument. Certainly they get points out of the NW but it's not as if they wouldn't make the playoffs because of it.Bottom line is they pulled points out of every other division as well.

Wouldn't this also mean the other pairings would look better against this supposed lesser competition too then? How do we know that Ballard and Tanev would look worse with more minutes against better competition? Have the coaches actually tried that to find out? No.

This type of elitist sense of entitlement for Bieksa, hamhuis, and Edler even when they play like crap is why this team will win nothing in the playoffs.........sometimes you have to trust that guys have earned a bigger chance like Ballard and Tanev had rather than somehow suggest they are ONLy taking advantage of weak competition.

I like that he was the only one with the balls to run over that a-hole (whos name evades me atm) who was ???? with may-ray last night at the faceoff. Hansen shoulda gone to the other side and had a little conversation. Thought they probably should have turned the other cheek on the penalty tho. Hey if you cant even manage the game in the faceoff dot, don't bother when its only barely interferance.

anywho, right, hammer... He hasnt been spectaular, but his image of perfection has been tarnished since he lost us the LA series last year with a zone clear fumble. All in all I like his play.

He has not played well at all this season but he hasn't been our worst D-man either. On the powerplay I'll take him over Edler any day of the week and twice on Sunday. At least he actually shoots and tries to get the goalie to make a save. Edler tries to QB the pp thinking he's the next Bobby Orr. He has one of the hardest shots on the team yet he still goes for the Sedin-like passes. The dude's playing on the 1st unit with the Sedins he needs to leave the setting to them and take a damn shot every once in a while for pete's sake. And that drop pass continues to drive me insane. I just wanna get at him and jump him whenever I see it on my TV. I don't know if it's him or Newell Brown who never learns but either way somebody should get a talking to. Anyways, that's me airing out my anger towards Edler.

EDIT: In hindsight, this probably should've went in the Edler thread lol

I have been hating on "The Hammer" for a while now. I don't like the fact he avoids taking hits even if it means giving the puck away on some lame azz chip ahead {Erhoff}... He just wont take a hit. He is not very big..and is easily pushed around. He is usually on the ice when scored against. Not always but most of the time.

I have been on this guy since he gave up the puck in the POs last year because he failed at our blue line..he is just not worth the money he gets...

This is not correct. Somebody did a big thing up last year showing how many points division leaders had gotten from their division. Percentage wise it was pretty close throughout the 6 divisions.

The idea that Vancouver is only good because of a weak division is a weak argument. Certainly they get points out of the NW but it's not as if they wouldn't make the playoffs because of it.Bottom line is they pulled points out of every other division as well.

That might have been me.

It's a totally ridiculous, knee-jerk argument about being in a weaker division. Point improvement over an 82 game season would equal about 6 or 8. Factor in Vancouver's league-leading travel miles (this year) and I'd say that the point differential evens out, at best.

As to Hamhuis, he's been been steadily getting better every game. Some players need more time than others after a 9 month break. No big deal. I'm not worried about him at all, never have been.

Guest Gumballthechewy

He's been bad but he's far from the worst, his game will improve as the season goes on.

I say put him back with Bieksa where he belongs.

Anyone else up for these lines?

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Ballard

Hmph.

He has been playing well. The first few games werent that good by any means.

But when i see him constantly breaking up plays and making a good first pass, it makes me wonder what people see on the ice.

Its like Canuck fans just focus on bad plays, and never speak of the good things someone like Hammer brings on a nightly basis.

Hmph.

He has been playing well. The first few games werent that good by any means.

But when i see him constantly breaking up plays and making a good first pass, it makes me wonder what people see on the ice.

Its like Canuck fans just focus on bad plays, and never speak of the good things someone like Hammer brings on a nightly basis.

Archived