105 replies to this topic

#1 Felix Potvin

Felix Potvin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Don't really want to knock the guy cause he was impressing the hell out of me but where has this tank gone the last few games. Don't even notice him on the ice most of the time. We need him to bring it every night even if he is not producing he brings so much more.

#2 Mr. Ramsay

Mr. Ramsay

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

Consistency is probably the biggest issue for most young skaters.. If you were expecting him to continue with his hot offensive pace, you thought wrong. Besides, now that Kesler and Booth are back, I doubt Kassian will be getting much more ice time.

Posted Image

#3 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

playing with the twins they made the puck find him, hell I believe I could score if I played with the twins. He has to have a full and complete game. Starting with back checking. You don't stop skating at the red line and hold your stick out with one hand a glide into your zone and call the back checking. Move your feet and work. Once you do make it back into your zone pick up a man, don't just stand on the half boards and hope the puck comes to you, go out and work.

When I watch the difference between Burrows game and Kass game it's night and day and that is why Burrows belongs to stay on the first line no more experiments. Burrows grinds, digs and takes a beating in front of the net, can't say the same for Kass. Maybe he should be the one to go back to Chicago to work on his game when Booth comes back. Simply for the purpose of more minutes and understanding of what we are trying to do . A player like Kass is entitled to nothing except to earn your ice time by working hard. Besides the fourth line I believe he was the only forward not to see ice time in OT.

Edited by canuckelhead70, 18 February 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#4 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Consistency was the knock on him but he will learn or he will adjust to third or fourth line minutes.
My guess is he will learn as no pro wants a life of third and fourth line minutes,if it can be avoided.

#5 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

POPULAR

He's been involved in three line combos this season.

Sedin line: go to the front of the net and score

Third line: grind it out two way style:

Kesler line: adjust to a player who hasn't played any games in front of you yet (kes) and adjust to watching the predictable and totally unsubtle see it coming from last week slapper from the high slot.

Kass is 22.

Should be a third line guy right now playing two way so he learns defense and how to be physical consistently.

Anyone expecting more at this stage doesn't know player development.

Edited by riffraff, 18 February 2013 - 07:42 AM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#6 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

coasting and wasn't moving his feet at all plus 5 giveaways last night.
night and day to the Kassian that started the season.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#7 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

There are other players that need to be critisized today besides Kass. Please use the search function and if the player you want to piss and moan about doesn't come up, please make a new thread.
Posted Image

#8 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

He's young and will continue to improve. IMO he just needs to work on his conditioning. It's not like he doesn't mentally have the work ethic in him, it's just that he's a big kid and can't keep up to the level of guys like Hansen and Burrows. If it isn't a matter of conditioning then I will begin to be a little worried, as work ethic and heart is a little harder to teach than cardio.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#9 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Chris Neil. 3rd line player is what I've all ways said Kassian would develop into. That's a compliment because I think Neil is great for his role.

Right now he's not there. It will take him a couple of years to develop into a Chris Neil.

CDC is too quick to anoint ppl as the next coming of ..... Just a couple of days ago I asked who would pass the puck on the 2nd line and someone called Kassian an incredible play maker, several ppl backed this poster up.

Fan boys get too excited with one pass or one goal. Kassian is not a top 6 player, he should be on the 3rd or 4th line.

#10 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

I hope Kass will end up being OK and that these are just the growing pains given his age.

If there's a need to worry and complain about someone's game, let's talk about a guy like Edler. I don't know what's happened to his game or whether he is hurt but he was God awful again last night.

Between his lazy giveaways, his inability to keep pucks in a the point, inability to get shots through to the net, and those freaking drop passes inside his own blueline, I was literally screaming at the tv every time he was on the ice.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#11 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,792 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Although I never expected Kassian to continue his red hot start, I hoped he wouldn't be completely ineffective out there.

St. Louis was taking liberties with our guys big time - where was Kass? Backes took a full on run at Luongo - where was Kass? I mean, next shift you have to at least send a message.
Posted Image

#12 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

The difference is he's not playing with the Sedin's anymore. I'm pretty sure that if I played with the Sedin's I could score some goals too :lol:
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#13 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Although I never expected Kassian to continue his red hot start, I hoped he wouldn't be completely ineffective out there.

St. Louis was taking liberties with our guys big time - where was Kass? Backes took a full on run at Luongo - where was Kass? I mean, next shift you have to at least send a message.

Don't want to turn this into a "we need more toughness" thread...but this is why we need more toughness. We can't expect a 22 year old to be our policeman for a variety of reasons. Guys like Brouwer, Neil...etc who can actually play in the top 9 would have skated over and had a discussion with the Blues players last night. This has been an issue with this team for 5 years now.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#14 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Our whole team has sucked the last two games. Kassian is a kid and can't be expected to carry the load. Oh , wait he has!! Leading goal scorer! He probably stopped playing so sell because his minutes on ice has dropped dramatically! This kid is a beast
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#15 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Don't want to turn this into a "we need more toughness" thread...but this is why we need more toughness. We can't expect a 22 year old to be our policeman for a variety of reasons. Guys like Brouwer, Neil...etc who can actually play in the top 9 would have skated over and had a discussion with the Blues players last night. This has been an issue with this team for 5 years now.

YES!! I am not alone.

#16 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

I thought that was one of theism reasons we picked up zack, for team toughness? We all knew that zacks a lazy player it makes you sick thinking about how good he could be if he worked as hard as Schroeder. When your a rookie getting out worked you have problems it's nothing to do with growing pains or the fact that's he's young, he's just flat out lazy. I hope he can learn that because he could be good.

#17 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

I thought that was one of theism reasons we picked up zack, for team toughness? We all knew that zacks a lazy player it makes you sick thinking about how good he could be if he worked as hard as Schroeder. When your a rookie getting out worked you have problems it's nothing to do with growing pains or the fact that's he's young, he's just flat out lazy. I hope he can learn that because he could be good.

Yup, that's certainly my big fear as well. I'm counting on the "players mature at different times" thing happening here.

1zchaix.jpg

#18 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,569 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

The two threads last night weren't enough on this?

Kassian doesn't add any value to the team if he doesn't score
Zach kassian needs to wake up!

Granted, they're both locked now (one for trolling but the first one was considered redundant). That's still a sign you probably didn't need to create a 3rd thread in two days about him.

I'm sure you could comment in the PGT thread from last night ([PGT]: We stink at Shootouts 3 - Blues 4) about him not playing well in since he's still played well in others recently and this is surely based of off that game alone.

Edited by elvis15, 18 February 2013 - 09:36 AM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#19 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Granted, they're both locked now (one for trolling but the first one was considered redundant). That's still a sign you probably didn't need to create a 3rd thread in two days about him.

I'm sure you could comment in the PGT thread from last night ([PGT]: We stink at Shootouts 3 - Blues 4) about him not playing well in since he's still played well in others recently and this is surely based of off that game alone.

I disagree. I want a Kassian thread to talk about his play. Both other threads were locked for good reason but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't talk about Kassian's play.

There is a lot riding on Kassian's play this year, his play affects a potential Luogo trade as far as what MG would ask for if Kassian is a top 6 player vs him being a 4th liner. Canucks Cup hopes also depend on Kassian's play. This team traded for Kassian because they are soft and need toughness, does Kassian provide that size and toughness or do we need to trade for a veteran power forward who can help now.

If anyone does not want to discuss Kassian they have the free will to stay away from this thread. The fact so many members are posting on the subject means this is a topic that ppl want to discuss.

#20 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Trade kassian for a bag of pucks because he's lazy, immature, no skill, lack of vision on ice, stole my cat, hacked my team fortress 2 account and sold it for 500 bucks, refuse to fix his teeth, and doesn't brush his hair every night before he sleeps.

The trolls on CDC do this on EVERY SINGLE prospects on our team since Internet becomes popular. It's the very same people who screamed about tradin the Sedins in their first season, or how Kesler is a career thirdliner.

The funny thing is the opinions from the troll will create a bunch of chain reaction and attract a bunch of Sherpa to agree with them.

#21 curtman81

curtman81

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

This is stupid....Every time a player gets a few bad games under his belt,fans throw him under the bus..

You have any idea why we are one of the most hated fan bases in the NHL? Because our own fans rag on our team more than any one else..

The Leaf's fans cheer and cheer for thier team,even when they lose. Why can't we just support our team,instead of critisizing every move they make.

I expect a Louongo sucks thread to pop up today after last night's loss...He played good,not his fault the players in front of him didn't at times...

#22 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

You can't expect him to spend the entire season getting layups from the twins. He has to learn to play in all areas of the ice so he can be more effective. He may be invisible for a while but it's for the better. As long as he keeps getting 10 to 15 mins a game I'm happy he will be just that much better in the playoffs and next season.

Take Burr for example he's our best pk guy and according to Gillis most versatile player on the team. That is how you get to play on the top line and stay there when you play for AV and so it should be.

#23 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

I disagree. I want a Kassian thread to talk about his play. Both other threads were locked for good reason but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't talk about Kassian's play.

There is a lot riding on Kassian's play this year, his play affects a potential Luogo trade as far as what MG would ask for if Kassian is a top 6 player vs him being a 4th liner. Canucks Cup hopes also depend on Kassian's play. This team traded for Kassian because they are soft and need toughness, does Kassian provide that size and toughness or do we need to trade for a veteran power forward who can help now.

If anyone does not want to discuss Kassian they have the free will to stay away from this thread. The fact so many members are posting on the subject means this is a topic that ppl want to discuss.

Well put. elvis15's wannabe mod mantra is getting real old.

I'm not going to totally rag on Kassian. Of all the players on this team, his role has been thrown through the most loops. From third Sedin, to policeman, to 3rd line grinder, to second line... something (before Kesler's return). Now, he's playing with Kesler, who's a very difficult player to read in the first place.

The rest of the players have found their niche. Even Raymond. Even Schroeder is fitting in. Kassian's line has seen the most chaos ever since he was off the twins' line.

I'm under the impression AV wants to see a Booth-Kesler-Kassian line. If that's the case, Kassian has to go from standing in the crease, to being the playmaker of the line, cuz the other two wont be doing that. I'm not sure that Kassian is fast enough, though. But we'll see, I guess.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#24 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Honestly, we have just four forwards, tops, that we can count on for game-to-game consistency.

Everyone else goes on hot and cold streaks.

Raymond might be hot now and Kassian might be cold, but that can change in a week.

But let's keep our fingers crossed on Booth coming back with a purpose and becoming another consistent forward. That would be sweet. I have my doubts though.
Posted Image

#25 nuck7635

nuck7635

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Would be great if he showed some more emotion.

#26 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,334 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

He's showed what he can do. He'll bring it every game when the playoffs roll around.

Subbancopy.jpg

#27 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

He's showed what he can do. He'll bring it every game when the playoffs roll around.

Like last year? There is no reason to not work hard he needs to wake up.

#28 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Posted Image[/URL] GIFSoup
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#29 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

As I said in the Hamhuis thread

I miss the days when we just supported our players through there ups and there downs, since about 85% of the league has downs. Instead of ripping on them.

Oh yeah Vancouver has never done that...

#30 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

As I said in the Hamhuis thread

I miss the days when we just supported our players through there ups and there downs, since about 85% of the league has downs. Instead of ripping on them.

Oh yeah Vancouver has never done that...

WHL Rocks put it best. We have every reason to discuss Kassian's play because it's a very important, and currently undetermined factor when considering deadline deals and what we need for a cup run; and our needs concerning a Luongo (or Schneider?) trade and what we need moving forwards.

Like I said earlier, I'm not going to rip on the guy because he conveniently played bad on two losses, and good the rest of the season. His role has undergone chaos this year, and he just needs to point himself in a direction and run.

Sadly, Kassian's role is given to him by the coaching staff, so instead of developing the way Kassian needs to develop, he's going to in the way that AV wants him to instead. THIS is why AV ruins prospects. Not because of ice time.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.