The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where oh where is Kassian gone

Felix  Potvin

Would you rather people necro old thread, with a bunch of outdated information and opinions, that people will skip to the last page and not bother to read any of the actual content? Because if that's the case, then maybe all these threads (one for each player) you speak of should be stickied, and nobody but mods and mod wannabes like you are allowed to start threads.

Is this what you are implying? Because if this is the case, then it completely defeats the purpose of having a forum.

Seriously, just stop. You're not going to change the world. Stop trying.

yes that's basically what he's saying, because that's how it should be done, so all the info stays in one place. and the info wouldn't be outdated if everyone just posted in the one thread. it would just stay up to date. especially with all the fair weather fans in vancouver and on this forum (not saying you're one but you can't deny a large chunk of this forum is).

honestly with how this forum goes the thought of having a stickied thread to cry about each player after having a couple bad games, or saying they know how to coach better then the coach, or know better then GMMG is probably a pretty good idea.

and to say seriously just stop you're not going to change anything

seriously just stop whining about the team, you're not gunna change anything...

He's been involved in three line combos this season.

Sedin line: go to the front of the net and score

Third line: grind it out two way style:

Kesler line: adjust to a player who hasn't played any games in front of you yet (kes) and adjust to watching the predictable and totally unsubtle see it coming from last week slapper from the high slot.

Kass is 22.

Should be a third line guy right now playing two way so he learns defense and how to be physical consistently.

Anyone expecting more at this stage doesn't know player development.

Would you rather people necro old thread, with a bunch of outdated information and opinions, that people will skip to the last page and not bother to read any of the actual content? Because if that's the case, then maybe all these threads (one for each player) you speak of should be stickied, and nobody but mods and mod wannabes like you are allowed to start threads.

Is this what you are implying? Because if this is the case, then it completely defeats the purpose of having a forum.

Valid point. I never open the 'Burrows - Do We Really Need Him?' thread because i don't feel like LPing or sifting through thousands of posts saying pretty much the same thing.

If every player needs his own discussion thread, such as it is in prospects, then what we'll have is a cleaner-looking board, but massive threads that are made massive just for the post-count giggles that some people get on cdc.

I think we can work with some middle ground. The Burrows - Do We Really Need Him? thread is a 'yay' thread because of his success story here. Perhaps the Kassian 'Issues' thread will become that as well. Certainly there are those who will pump those threads with posts. But should all other threads be immediately locked? I think yes, but only if they are immediately redundant. And this one may be.

Note to the OP: Yup, in this case you should've searched for another recent Kassian thread to post your thoughts in. Next time if you want to start a new thread, have some new information at hand. But be aware that cdc often thinks/posts about it well before you do.

How did this slip through? If you see that 2 Kassian threads before yours have been closed, chances are you should take notice. However, as there is a good discussion being generated and we're a few pages in, we'll let it stand.

Honestly, what is this evaluating players every 1-2 games? You do know that players will have ups/downs and he is a work in progress. His minutes were limited and I'm sure the coaches are on it. Doesn't mean he's a bust, just means he needs some tweaking.

Sigh....might as well copy and paste my post from the last Kassian thread.

I'm guessing the OP never watched much of Zack on the Wolves. If you did you wouldn't be surprised by this. He'd have a string of great games much like you saw to begin this season and then he'd be invisible or not good for a number of games in a row.

He struggles with inconsistency like its almost as if he's 22 years old....oh wait, he is.

This may be hard for some Canuck fans to handle but you're going to actually have to have some patience with this prospect for a change.

How did this slip through? If you see that 2 Kassian threads before yours have been closed, chances are you should take notice. However, as there is a good discussion being generated and we're a few pages in, we'll let it stand.

Honestly, what is this evaluating players every 1-2 games? You do know that players will have ups/downs and he is a work in progress. His minutes were limited and I'm sure the coaches are on it. Doesn't mean he's a bust, just means he needs some tweaking.

Kassian had a good start but he still needs to grow his skill-set.

It should come, as he showed at the start of the season he has all of the tools it's getting stronger on fundamentals like board work and that is part of developing prospects.

Seriously, just stop. You're not going to change the world. Stop trying.

what i love the best is all this " we need to give him time to develope" bs .. our genious GM last year loked straight into the camera right after the trade and said " this is the guy we need in our roster right now and i believe gives us a better look going into the playoffs" well he did nothing for us then and is aparently finidng his way down the roster now.... anyone can get goals with the sedins .. but can you help make the sedins better? answer for kassian is no, the line is better with burrows on it. can he keep up on the second line with higgins and kes doesnt look like it ... if he cant kept up on the second line he has no chance on our 3rd seeing is how it might be the fastest line in the league... so down to the 4th line he goes? everyone said he could be the next lucic well when lucic didnt score in his first years he wasnt invisable he was still a huge part of bostons team if kassian isnt knocking in empty net goals set up from the sedins he apears to do nothing but turn the puck over.

Don't want to turn this into a "we need more toughness" thread...but this is why we need more toughness. We can't expect a 22 year old to be our policeman for a variety of reasons. Guys like Brouwer, Neil...etc who can actually play in the top 9 would have skated over and had a discussion with the Blues players last night. This has been an issue with this team for 5 years now.

Archived