The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where oh where is Kassian gone

Felix  Potvin

playing with the twins they made the puck find him, hell I believe I could score if I played with the twins. He has to have a full and complete game. Starting with back checking. You don't stop skating at the red line and hold your stick out with one hand a glide into your zone and call the back checking. Move your feet and work. Once you do make it back into your zone pick up a man, don't just stand on the half boards and hope the puck comes to you, go out and work.

When I watch the difference between Burrows game and Kass game it's night and day and that is why Burrows belongs to stay on the first line no more experiments. Burrows grinds, digs and takes a beating in front of the net, can't say the same for Kass. Maybe he should be the one to go back to Chicago to work on his game when Booth comes back. Simply for the purpose of more minutes and understanding of what we are trying to do . A player like Kass is entitled to nothing except to earn your ice time by working hard. Besides the fourth line I believe he was the only forward not to see ice time in OT.

He's been involved in three line combos this season.

Sedin line: go to the front of the net and score

Third line: grind it out two way style:

Kesler line: adjust to a player who hasn't played any games in front of you yet (kes) and adjust to watching the predictable and totally unsubtle see it coming from last week slapper from the high slot.

Kass is 22.

Should be a third line guy right now playing two way so he learns defense and how to be physical consistently.

Anyone expecting more at this stage doesn't know player development.

He's young and will continue to improve. IMO he just needs to work on his conditioning. It's not like he doesn't mentally have the work ethic in him, it's just that he's a big kid and can't keep up to the level of guys like Hansen and Burrows. If it isn't a matter of conditioning then I will begin to be a little worried, as work ethic and heart is a little harder to teach than cardio.

Chris Neil. 3rd line player is what I've all ways said Kassian would develop into. That's a compliment because I think Neil is great for his role.

Right now he's not there. It will take him a couple of years to develop into a Chris Neil.

CDC is too quick to anoint ppl as the next coming of ..... Just a couple of days ago I asked who would pass the puck on the 2nd line and someone called Kassian an incredible play maker, several ppl backed this poster up.

Fan boys get too excited with one pass or one goal. Kassian is not a top 6 player, he should be on the 3rd or 4th line.

I hope Kass will end up being OK and that these are just the growing pains given his age.

If there's a need to worry and complain about someone's game, let's talk about a guy like Edler. I don't know what's happened to his game or whether he is hurt but he was God awful again last night.

Between his lazy giveaways, his inability to keep pucks in a the point, inability to get shots through to the net, and those freaking drop passes inside his own blueline, I was literally screaming at the tv every time he was on the ice.

Although I never expected Kassian to continue his red hot start, I hoped he wouldn't be completely ineffective out there.

St. Louis was taking liberties with our guys big time - where was Kass? Backes took a full on run at Luongo - where was Kass? I mean, next shift you have to at least send a message.

Although I never expected Kassian to continue his red hot start, I hoped he wouldn't be completely ineffective out there.

St. Louis was taking liberties with our guys big time - where was Kass? Backes took a full on run at Luongo - where was Kass? I mean, next shift you have to at least send a message.

Don't want to turn this into a "we need more toughness" thread...but this is why we need more toughness. We can't expect a 22 year old to be our policeman for a variety of reasons. Guys like Brouwer, Neil...etc who can actually play in the top 9 would have skated over and had a discussion with the Blues players last night. This has been an issue with this team for 5 years now.

Don't want to turn this into a "we need more toughness" thread...but this is why we need more toughness. We can't expect a 22 year old to be our policeman for a variety of reasons. Guys like Brouwer, Neil...etc who can actually play in the top 9 would have skated over and had a discussion with the Blues players last night. This has been an issue with this team for 5 years now.

I thought that was one of theism reasons we picked up zack, for team toughness? We all knew that zacks a lazy player it makes you sick thinking about how good he could be if he worked as hard as Schroeder. When your a rookie getting out worked you have problems it's nothing to do with growing pains or the fact that's he's young, he's just flat out lazy. I hope he can learn that because he could be good.

The two threads last night weren't enough on this?

/topic/340157-kassian-doesnt-add-any-value-to-the-team-if-he-doesnt-score/">Kassian doesn't add any value to the team if he doesn't score

/topic/340156-zach-kassian-needs-to-wake-up/">Zach kassian needs to wake up!

Granted, they're both locked now (one for trolling but the first one was considered redundant). That's still a sign you probably didn't need to create a 3rd thread in two days about him.

I'm sure you could comment in the PGT thread from last night (/topic/340155-pgt-we-stink-at-shootouts-3-blues-4/">[PGT]: We stink at Shootouts 3 - Blues 4) about him not playing well in since he's still played well in others recently and this is surely based of off that game alone.

The two threads last night weren't enough on this?

/topic/340157-kassian-doesnt-add-any-value-to-the-team-if-he-doesnt-score/">Kassian doesn't add any value to the team if he doesn't score

/topic/340156-zach-kassian-needs-to-wake-up/">Zach kassian needs to wake up!

Granted, they're both locked now (one for trolling but the first one was considered redundant). That's still a sign you probably didn't need to create a 3rd thread in two days about him.

I'm sure you could comment in the PGT thread from last night (/topic/340155-pgt-we-stink-at-shootouts-3-blues-4/">[PGT]: We stink at Shootouts 3 - Blues 4) about him not playing well in since he's still played well in others recently and this is surely based of off that game alone.

Trade kassian for a bag of pucks because he's lazy, immature, no skill, lack of vision on ice, stole my cat, hacked my team fortress 2 account and sold it for 500 bucks, refuse to fix his teeth, and doesn't brush his hair every night before he sleeps.

The trolls on CDC do this on EVERY SINGLE prospects on our team since Internet becomes popular. It's the very same people who screamed about tradin the Sedins in their first season, or how Kesler is a career thirdliner.

The funny thing is the opinions from the troll will create a bunch of chain reaction and attract a bunch of Sherpa to agree with them.

Archived