The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where oh where is Kassian gone

Felix  Potvin

This is stupid....Every time a player gets a few bad games under his belt,fans throw him under the bus..

You have any idea why we are one of the most hated fan bases in the NHL? Because our own fans rag on our team more than any one else..

The Leaf's fans cheer and cheer for thier team,even when they lose. Why can't we just support our team,instead of critisizing every move they make.

I expect a Louongo sucks thread to pop up today after last night's loss...He played good,not his fault the players in front of him didn't at times...

You can't expect him to spend the entire season getting layups from the twins. He has to learn to play in all areas of the ice so he can be more effective. He may be invisible for a while but it's for the better. As long as he keeps getting 10 to 15 mins a game I'm happy he will be just that much better in the playoffs and next season.

Take Burr for example he's our best pk guy and according to Gillis most versatile player on the team. That is how you get to play on the top line and stay there when you play for AV and so it should be.

I disagree. I want a Kassian thread to talk about his play. Both other threads were locked for good reason but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't talk about Kassian's play.

There is a lot riding on Kassian's play this year, his play affects a potential Luogo trade as far as what MG would ask for if Kassian is a top 6 player vs him being a 4th liner. Canucks Cup hopes also depend on Kassian's play. This team traded for Kassian because they are soft and need toughness, does Kassian provide that size and toughness or do we need to trade for a veteran power forward who can help now.

If anyone does not want to discuss Kassian they have the free will to stay away from this thread. The fact so many members are posting on the subject means this is a topic that ppl want to discuss.

Honestly, we have just four forwards, tops, that we can count on for game-to-game consistency.

Everyone else goes on hot and cold streaks.

Raymond might be hot now and Kassian might be cold, but that can change in a week.

But let's keep our fingers crossed on Booth coming back with a purpose and becoming another consistent forward. That would be sweet. I have my doubts though.

The two threads last night weren't enough on this?

/topic/340157-kassian-doesnt-add-any-value-to-the-team-if-he-doesnt-score/">Kassian doesn't add any value to the team if he doesn't score

/topic/340156-zach-kassian-needs-to-wake-up/">Zach kassian needs to wake up!

Granted, they're both locked now (one for trolling but the first one was considered redundant). That's still a sign you probably didn't need to create a 3rd thread in two days about him.

I'm sure you could comment in the PGT thread from last night (/topic/340155-pgt-we-stink-at-shootouts-3-blues-4/">[PGT]: We stink at Shootouts 3 - Blues 4) about him not playing well in since he's still played well in others recently and this is surely based of off that game alone.

WHL Rocks put it best. We have every reason to discuss Kassian's play because it's a very important, and currently undetermined factor when considering deadline deals and what we need for a cup run; and our needs concerning a Luongo (or Schneider?) trade and what we need moving forwards.

Like I said earlier, I'm not going to rip on the guy because he conveniently played bad on two losses, and good the rest of the season. His role has undergone chaos this year, and he just needs to point himself in a direction and run.

Sadly, Kassian's role is given to him by the coaching staff, so instead of developing the way Kassian needs to develop, he's going to in the way that AV wants him to instead. THIS is why AV ruins prospects. Not because of ice time.

Here's my ask of you then: why is this thread different from the other two last night? Why is it different from any of the Kassian threads before those that have been created to discuss him and his play? What was good enough reason for the one thread I mentioned was locked as redundant that isn't good enough reason for this one?

I did a quick search for threads in Canucks Talk with Kassian in the title, and this is what came back above and beyond the two I already mentioned that'd be reasonable to post this in:

/topic/340072-zach-kassian-get-back-on-the-4th-line/page__hl__kassian">zach Kassian get back on the 4th line! t_locked.png

/topic/337667-multiple-warning-signs-surrounding-zack-kassian/page__hl__kassian">Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian (yup, it's still around)

/topic/338187-how-many-points-should-we-expect-from-zack-kassian/page__hl__kassian">How Many Points Should We Expect From Zack Kassian

/topic/339015-kassian-on-1st-line/page__hl__kassian">Kassian on 1st line t_locked.png

/topic/338953-kassian-makes-the-first-and-second-lines-better/page__hl__kassian">Kassian makes the first and second lines better

/topic/338920-my-apology-to-zack-kassian/page__hl__kassian">My Apology to Zack Kassian.

/topic/338919-kassian-next-big-fan-favorite/page__hl__kassian">Kassian next big fan favorite?

/topic/338830-zack-kassian-the-next-todd-bertuzzi/page__hl__kassian">Zack Kassian the next Todd Bertuzzi? t_locked.png

/topic/338927-the-kassian-coho-deal/page__hl__kassian">The Kassian-CoHo deal

/topic/338737-zack-kassian/page__hl__kassian">Zack Kassian

That's all in the last month. Some are locked (3), but most aren't and I've even skipped a fair number that could be read as not relating directly to Kassian and his play. That's 4 weeks and at least 13 threads (the ones before plus the two last night and this one today).

I'm all for people discussing things around whatever forum they apply in, but a little work to see if there's already a thread on the topic you want to post goes a long way.

Thanks!

Like I said I have no issue with people discussing things, but I don't like having to search through multiple threads to remember which one it was I was having a meaningful discussion in. And why would I want to read through multiple threads on a given topic to find out what people are thinking when I could do that in one?

It's also a bit stupid if a thread is so similar that I could just copy/paste my responses from any of the other related threads and have it perfectly apply.

Why not try and keep it all in one place?

Here's my ask of you then: why is this thread different from the other two last night? Why is it different from any of the Kassian threads before those that have been created to discuss him and his play? What was good enough reason for the one thread I mentioned was locked as redundant that isn't good enough reason for this one?

I did a quick search for threads in Canucks Talk with Kassian in the title, and this is what came back above and beyond the two I already mentioned that'd be reasonable to post this in:

/topic/340072-zach-kassian-get-back-on-the-4th-line/page__hl__kassian">zach Kassian get back on the 4th line! t_locked.png

/topic/337667-multiple-warning-signs-surrounding-zack-kassian/page__hl__kassian">Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian (yup, it's still around)

/topic/338187-how-many-points-should-we-expect-from-zack-kassian/page__hl__kassian">How Many Points Should We Expect From Zack Kassian

/topic/339015-kassian-on-1st-line/page__hl__kassian">Kassian on 1st line t_locked.png

/topic/338953-kassian-makes-the-first-and-second-lines-better/page__hl__kassian">Kassian makes the first and second lines better

/topic/338920-my-apology-to-zack-kassian/page__hl__kassian">My Apology to Zack Kassian.

/topic/338919-kassian-next-big-fan-favorite/page__hl__kassian">Kassian next big fan favorite?

/topic/338830-zack-kassian-the-next-todd-bertuzzi/page__hl__kassian">Zack Kassian the next Todd Bertuzzi? t_locked.png

/topic/338927-the-kassian-coho-deal/page__hl__kassian">The Kassian-CoHo deal

/topic/338737-zack-kassian/page__hl__kassian">Zack Kassian

That's all in the last month. Some are locked (3), but most aren't and I've even skipped a fair number that could be read as not relating directly to Kassian and his play. That's 4 weeks and at least 13 threads (the ones before plus the two last night and this one today).

I'm all for people discussing things around whatever forum they apply in, but a little work to see if there's already a thread on the topic you want to post goes a long way.

I certainly report threads that I think don't fit the board rules, and then I let the mods decide. I do give some info on other threads I know are at least similar, since it's pretty apparent that a fair number of these were created without doing any reasonable searching. But, as a started by saying, if you can think of an argument why this one stays over all the others we have on Kassian already open, I'd be interested to hear it.

Archived