The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Andrew Ebbett on waivers, Likely making way for Booths return

AriGold

It is risky and too early for Booth so my guess is it is an attempt to help the Wolves out whose offence has been devastated by injury. Andrew Gordon took a massive barge into the boards that would have felled an elephant the other day. They were already badly hit before that.

How Gordon eventually got up and walked away from that in one piece is a miracle. (Deja vu of the Raymond incident)

Here's a crazy idea:

Kesler is the trigger man the Sedins need since neither wants to shoot at the opportune time (albeit it's on the PP, Kes has a way of getting himself to the open ice when playing with the Sedins)...as well, with Kes on the ice with them, the Sedins can have more shifts that start in our end;

Burrows actually looked good as a centreman -- his speed and forechecking skills serve him well in this position (ableit he wasn't so strong on the draws);

Booth should be eased into a top six role...I wouldn't expect him to be at game speed, so give him a chance to move up the line up over the course of a few games. Play him on the second PP unit.

Schroeder will probably have to be a depth guy during the playoffs. He's been one of our best guys this year, but he's very young and I'm skeptical that he'll be able to help us win when it counts. Especially because he's 5'9 and a rookie. I've been very impressed with the tenacious back checking from him.

If we move Raymond I think Schroeder should move down into his spot and the depth chart so we can get a solid line centre and another D. The next two years are make it or break it I think its time to make a big deal at the deadline.

If we need to improve the depth a little bit on the left wing and the right wing because I don't think Volpatti and Weise are the guys that should be in the line up during a playoff run.

I really hope someone snags this guy so MG has a reason to go out and find us a bottom-6 center, preferably one with size. With Malhotra's 2+ million off the books we can just buy - throw away a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a big, physical centerman who can play 15 minutes comfortably, because we're down to 3 NHL centers (not including Schroeder) - 1 injury and we're in trouble again. I'm not comfortable with Burrows playing center.

Archived