The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GET A REAL HEAVYWEIGHT

garthsbutcher

Not sure if you had a chance to look at a post i made yesterday but.....

STL has 5 players at 225 lbs + and Berglund is 219 lbs

LA Kings have 6 players at 220 lbs + and 3 more at 217, 219

Boston Bruins have 5 or 6 players at 220 lbs +

Canucks Zero

As far a Dmen goe our Dmen are small all things considered. Garrison makes them a bit bigger but we still don't have a Dman at 220 lbs.

*Barker is 223 but never played a game in Canucks uni

Manny was 220 but he was not close to the player he once was after the injury and barely stuck to the roster.

I'd rather have tougher guys playing tougher, than having a George Parros on the team. It would be fun to have his 'stache here though... But rather have some Dustin Brown, Dustin Byfuglien, David Backes -type of players.

I'm glad our experiment called Raffi Torres is over as he gets his team into trouble more often than not with his techniques.

We should pretty easily be able to add at least one big name player like one I mentioned earlier in a deal involving one of our goalies, and I'd be prepared to move Bieksa+ and something for a tougher guy, but he has a NTC or something, right?

I'd rather have tougher guys playing tougher, than having a George Parros on the team. It would be fun to have his 'stache here though... But rather have some Dustin Brown, Dustin Byfuglien, David Backes -type of players.

I'm glad our experiment called Raffi Torres is over as he gets his team into trouble more often than not with his techniques.

We should pretty easily be able to add at least one big name player like one I mentioned earlier in a deal involving one of our goalies, and I'd be prepared to move Bieksa+ and something for a tougher guy, but he has a NTC or something, right?

I'm all for getting some more legit ass-kickers but leave Volpatti alone. The guy is guts personified (even his personal history proves it) and deserves a place on this team. He has more ability than he is given credit for and I just think he gets played in too limited a fashion.

I like Volpatti and I didn't see him lose that fight against Reaves, he took the guy down only because his jersey was over his head and he knew he was up against a classless goon who would beat on him even if he was going down.

Who one this site wouldn't want one of those 3 players, problem is you're never gunna get one end of story. You listed 2 captains and Winnipegs favorite and arguably best player... I'd love to have a Sidney Crosby or Steve Stamkos while we're at it, unfortunetly you have to give to get.

And yes Beiksa has a NTC

I'm not that keen on arguing opinions, but...

Maybe I'm lazy for not finding the exact candidates for the role, but I do recall using the '-type of player' at the end there. Not saying one of them is available, but someone that would fit the same formula. Just threw it out there for debate. And you 'end the story' for me - prematurely me thinks... But lets just get the big goon and get on with it so you can be happy. Just for the record, one heavyweight won't get us even an inch closer to the cup, he'll just satisfy your need for revenge... a gritty, offensive player of that type would win a few games for us with example and leadership or whatever... end of story ;)

Archived