The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GET A REAL HEAVYWEIGHT

garthsbutcher

Kassian is too young for us to rely on him to fight guys like Backes. At 22 he isn't nearly close to reaching his full potential strength. I'd really like to get Chris Neil from Ottawa. If you didn't think other fans could hate the Canucks anymore, wait until he joined the team.

so who is this legit toughness and how do you prupose we bring him in exactly?? that's part of the problem as well. do you want to get caught overpaying and potentially helping out another team in the long run by giving up early draft picks and prospects to aquire some toughness that may or may not work out. and its not like a lot of the good tough guys ever really get traded.

Chris Neil would cost an arm and a leg to get out of Ott, same goes for Clarkson. Even as a UFA Clarksons demands are going to be above what hes actually worth he scored nearly 30 goals last year. And will most likely re-sign in NJ. The kind of players you guys are talking about almost never change teams once they show they succeed at there role.

I just posted this in the "toughness proves to be a winning formula" thread but it might as well go here to.

Anyone who thinks have a 5 minute pugilist on the 4th line is gunna stop whatever line is playing 18-20+ minutes against the twins is delusional. You need someone who can play 18-20 minutes with the twins to protect them. And Gillis got him already, he's even shown success early in the season playing on their line

I just posted this in the "toughness proves to be a winning formula" thread but it might as well go here to.

Anyone who thinks have a 5 minute pugilist on the 4th line is gunna stop whatever line is playing 18-20+ minutes against the twins is delusional. You need someone who can play 18-20 minutes with the twins to protect them. And Gillis got him already, he's even shown success early in the season playing on their line

Archived