48 replies to this topic

#31 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Chris Neil would cost an arm and a leg to get out of Ott, same goes for Clarkson. Even as a UFA Clarksons demands are going to be above what hes actually worth he scored nearly 30 goals last year. And will most likely re-sign in NJ. The kind of players you guys are talking about almost never change teams once they show they succeed at there role.

Bieksa and Booth for Neil and Gryba .. and Ottawa's 2nd pick this year ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#32 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

parros for weise and a 5th and 6th

#33 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,724 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Bring back Torres to throw huge hits (not always clean)
Chris Neil
George Parros

#34 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Please dont give me the fact that we have team toughness.

:bigblush:

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#35 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Bieksa and Booth for Neil and Gryba .. and Ottawa's 2nd pick this year ..

So we're gonna trade our only top 4 RH d man and our second line left winger for a 3rd line at best RW and a minor league d man and a pick... Does that actually seem like a trade a cup contending team would make?...

#36 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Legit toughness liks Orr, Scott, Parros will not cost you a high pick. Maybe a 5th rounder?

Parros and Orr are gunna cost you more then a 5th right now. Orr because his team is being successful and he's fitting his role and actually moving up the lineup. They won't trade him unless they're way outta contention by the deadline. And Parros is always gunna cost you more then a 5th rounder because we're not going to be the only team who will want him. As for Scott yeah I'm sure you could grab him for a 5th but maybe you should look through some of Beiksa's old quotes about what to do when he challenges you to a fight

#37 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

I just posted this in the "toughness proves to be a winning formula" thread but it might as well go here to.

Anyone who thinks have a 5 minute pugilist on the 4th line is gunna stop whatever line is playing 18-20+ minutes against the twins is delusional. You need someone who can play 18-20 minutes with the twins to protect them. And Gillis got him already, he's even shown success early in the season playing on their line

#38 garthsbutcher

garthsbutcher

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Legit toughness liks Orr, Scott, Parros will not cost you a high pick. Maybe a 5th rounder?

EXACTLY!!!!!

#39 garthsbutcher

garthsbutcher

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

I just posted this in the "toughness proves to be a winning formula" thread but it might as well go here to.

Anyone who thinks have a 5 minute pugilist on the 4th line is gunna stop whatever line is playing 18-20+ minutes against the twins is delusional. You need someone who can play 18-20 minutes with the twins to protect them. And Gillis got him already, he's even shown success early in the season playing on their line

Sorry I dont agree. The enforcer does NOT have to be on the twins line to make another team think twice about running at your stars. Do you think Luongo would have been run at if we had a legit heavy in the lineup the other night, i dont think so.

#40 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Sorry I dont agree. The enforcer does NOT have to be on the twins line to make another team think twice about running at your stars. Do you think Luongo would have been run at if we had a legit heavy in the lineup the other night, i dont think so.

Do you think Luongo would have been run if Beiksa didn't push Backes towards him... Watch the replay again. And do you think Backes would fight John Scott or Coltan Orr?? Cause he sure wouldn't, Reeves might have but how does that solve anything?

Also read my post about acquiring one of those guys for a 5th round pick the only one you'll get is John Scott. You'd think if a player of his ilk is so vital to a playoff run he would have played more then 4 playoff games in his career...

Edited by WonderTwinPowers, 19 February 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#41 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

This team needs more than a heavyweight. A heavyweight on the 4th line might help a bit but won't solve the problem.

This team needs 3 or 4 players with size and weight. Current roster is too small.

#42 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

This team needs more than a heavyweight. A heavyweight on the 4th line might help a bit but won't solve the problem.

This team needs 3 or 4 players with size and weight. Current roster is too small.

Forwards average 6'1 200 pounds that's not really that small, average but not small. And Schroeder brings down the average quite a bit

And our dmen our bigger then our forwards

#43 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Forwards average 6'1 200 pounds that's not really that small, average but not small. And Schroeder brings down the average quite a bit

And our dmen our bigger then our forwards

Not sure if you had a chance to look at a post i made yesterday but.....

STL has 5 players at 225 lbs + and Berglund is 219 lbs

LA Kings have 6 players at 220 lbs + and 3 more at 217, 219

Boston Bruins have 5 or 6 players at 220 lbs +

Canucks Zero

As far a Dmen goe our Dmen are small all things considered. Garrison makes them a bit bigger but we still don't have a Dman at 220 lbs.

*Barker is 223 but never played a game in Canucks uni
Manny was 220 but he was not close to the player he once was after the injury and barely stuck to the roster.

Edited by WHL rocks, 19 February 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#44 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Not sure if you had a chance to look at a post i made yesterday but.....

STL has 5 players at 225 lbs + and Berglund is 219 lbs

LA Kings have 6 players at 220 lbs + and 3 more at 217, 219

Boston Bruins have 5 or 6 players at 220 lbs +

Canucks Zero

As far a Dmen goe our Dmen are small all things considered. Garrison makes them a bit bigger but we still don't have a Dman at 220 lbs.

*Barker is 223 but never played a game in Canucks uni
Manny was 220 but he was not close to the player he once was after the injury and barely stuck to the roster.

No I never caught that post. But like I said our forward core is average size but not small.and no we don't have a Dman over 220 but Edler,Garrison,Alberts,and Vandermeer are just under and Barker over(while the last 3 are extras at best). Vandermeer will get called up for the playoffs as a black ace. I'd love to add 1 more big right handed Dman, for the right price. But how often do those come along? Especially righties in the NHL.

I'd say our defence has a nice mix of size and mobility, which is just as valuable. Could we add John Scott for cheap to bring the averages up yes, does he really help the team? No.

#45 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

I'd rather have tougher guys playing tougher, than having a George Parros on the team. It would be fun to have his 'stache here though... But rather have some Dustin Brown, Dustin Byfuglien, David Backes -type of players.

I'm glad our experiment called Raffi Torres is over as he gets his team into trouble more often than not with his techniques.

We should pretty easily be able to add at least one big name player like one I mentioned earlier in a deal involving one of our goalies, and I'd be prepared to move Bieksa+ and something for a tougher guy, but he has a NTC or something, right?
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#46 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

I'd rather have tougher guys playing tougher, than having a George Parros on the team. It would be fun to have his 'stache here though... But rather have some Dustin Brown, Dustin Byfuglien, David Backes -type of players.

I'm glad our experiment called Raffi Torres is over as he gets his team into trouble more often than not with his techniques.

We should pretty easily be able to add at least one big name player like one I mentioned earlier in a deal involving one of our goalies, and I'd be prepared to move Bieksa+ and something for a tougher guy, but he has a NTC or something, right?

Who one this site wouldn't want one of those 3 players, problem is you're never gunna get one end of story. You listed 2 captains and Winnipegs favorite and arguably best player... I'd love to have a Sidney Crosby or Steve Stamkos while we're at it, unfortunetly you have to give to get.

And yes Beiksa has a NTC

Edited by WonderTwinPowers, 19 February 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#47 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I'm all for getting some more legit ass-kickers but leave Volpatti alone. The guy is guts personified (even his personal history proves it) and deserves a place on this team. He has more ability than he is given credit for and I just think he gets played in too limited a fashion.

I like Volpatti and I didn't see him lose that fight against Reaves, he took the guy down only because his jersey was over his head and he knew he was up against a classless goon who would beat on him even if he was going down.
Kevin.jpg

#48 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Who one this site wouldn't want one of those 3 players, problem is you're never gunna get one end of story. You listed 2 captains and Winnipegs favorite and arguably best player... I'd love to have a Sidney Crosby or Steve Stamkos while we're at it, unfortunetly you have to give to get.

And yes Beiksa has a NTC

I'm not that keen on arguing opinions, but...

Maybe I'm lazy for not finding the exact candidates for the role, but I do recall using the '-type of player' at the end there. Not saying one of them is available, but someone that would fit the same formula. Just threw it out there for debate. And you 'end the story' for me - prematurely me thinks... But lets just get the big goon and get on with it so you can be happy. Just for the record, one heavyweight won't get us even an inch closer to the cup, he'll just satisfy your need for revenge... a gritty, offensive player of that type would win a few games for us with example and leadership or whatever... end of story ;)
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#49 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'm not that keen on arguing opinions, but...

Maybe I'm lazy for not finding the exact candidates for the role, but I do recall using the '-type of player' at the end there. Not saying one of them is available, but someone that would fit the same formula. Just threw it out there for debate. And you 'end the story' for me - prematurely me thinks... But lets just get the big goon and get on with it so you can be happy. Just for the record, one heavyweight won't get us even an inch closer to the cup, he'll just satisfy your need for revenge... a gritty, offensive player of that type would win a few games for us with example and leadership or whatever... end of story ;)

Well sorry i missed that but, obviously you haven't read my posts either. Or else you'd realize I'm completely opposed to getting any kind of goon. And think if we're going to add anything it should be a Left handed defensive center with some edge (Kyle Chipchura maybe?), or a right handed d man with some size but they're hard to find. (Kurtis Foster maybe, but not really ideal still)

You say you want those type" if players, problem is none of those types of players of that calibre are going to be on the market, or attainable by the Canucks. The only one would maybe be a David Clarkson and that's a big maybe as I see him resigning in NJ.

Sorry if you got all offended cause I "ended the story" on you, but you should probably at least read my posts before replying prematurely me thinks... ;)

On that note I says cheers to the first cold one of a glorious game day.

Edited by WonderTwinPowers, 19 February 2013 - 02:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.