Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 2 votes

Are we good enough?

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#61 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

We are too easy to play against.

Backes running Luongo without any repercussions? I dont think people really appreciate or understand just how abnormal it is for a NHL team to behave like ours does.

Make whatever excuses you like, I dont like our chances when we are so easy to intimidate.

Sam Gagner told me straight up he couldn't believe nobody on the Canucks took a suspension out on Keith after what he did to Sedin. i agreed with Sam 100%. its a total and complete joke that this team doesn't step up and fight for each other.
the entire league knows this, the Canucks won't fight for each other, run them, injure them, do whatever you like. no retribution.
i know myslef and more than half the fan base is also sick of the kumbaya routine.

I think the Canucks need another Raffi Torres type player

we need 3 more pieces imo....a skilled physical leader that can fight anybody and motivate the room (shane doan/ryan clowe type) a bonafide heavyweight that can beat up most ( ie..Shawn Thornton,Chris Neil, Corton Orr) and a big nasty Defensemen that can intimidate and clear the front of the net and knock guys on their a**.

This team is way too soft and will be exposed come spring time when the whistles go away.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#62 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Sam Gagner told me straight up he couldn't believe nobody on the Canucks took a suspension out on Keith after what he did to Sedin. i agreed with Sam 100%. its a total and complete joke that this team doesn't step up and fight for each other.
the entire league knows this, the Canucks won't fight for each other, run them, injure them, do whatever you like. no retribution.
i know myslef and more than half the fan base is also sick of the kumbaya routine.

we need 3 more pieces imo....a skilled physical leader that can fight anybody and motivate the room (shane doan/ryan clowe type) a bonafide heavyweight that can beat up most ( ie..Shawn Thornton,Chris Neil, Corton Orr) and a big nasty Defensemen that can intimidate and clear the front of the net and knock guys on their a**.

This team is way too soft and will be exposed come spring time when the whistles go away.

Sam Gagner and the coilers are the softest team in the league. No offense, Sam, but who got a suspension the last time Hall was flattened?

Your wish list is great, but I don't think it's achievable due to cap restrictions and limited players to trade.

I would just be happy for a solid playmaker for our second line.

#63 RDA96

RDA96

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

i think with a healthy roster and maybe a colton type player we are a cup caliber team the last 2 years we have had a injury depleted team and it showed. if we can get a guy like orr neil or prust along with kassian teams wont go after the sedins as much and we wont get pushed around if we get matched up with a team like boston agian. I think this year is the cup final i have been waiting for vancouver vs pittsburgh. nucks in 6

ps sorry for any typing errors i am writing this on my phone

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.